PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Brand of Makeup

kirsti
02-04-2005, 02:41 AM
I searched the forum but couldnt find anything about favorite brands of makeup so thought id start a topic.
If you would like to respond then please do.
tell of your favorite brand,or ie( 's)and why you like what you wear.
And yes I do enjoy Covergirl there foundations for me apply very easily and evenly,they set very well with any powder like my fav Vanderbuilt powder,wet and wild eye liner I like because the pencils are long enough to allow enough room to apply unlike some of the shorter pencils,Mabellen nail polishes
I like primarily because they apply smoothly and do not dry too quickly as quick dry tends to glob too fast before the first coat is done.
As far as Mascara I may have one or two like covergirl I find that they all apply very well,though some do glob up,but that is due I think because Mascara dries really quick and doesnt really have a very long shelf life.
You can add water to it but I wouldnt recommend useing the Mascara much longer than a week afterwards as the water will sour in the Mascra and may cause an eye infection.(also those chems are horrible to your skin)
Eye shadows I find are very important as the correct shade should be used according to your skin type and color,so that you can blend it togeather leaving a natural look.
And for that I like the enormouse choices of Covergirl.
And no I dont own stock in Procter and Gamble.
On a personal note I think for the price,Covergirl does a wonderful job in acheiving a look that is both comfortable and appealling.
I havent tried the infomercial cosmetics yet,as Ive been contemplating on whether or not the very expensive product is worth it or not,perhapes a sample on Ebay may be appropriate place to try a sample without shelling out a few hundred dollars on a full line of basic cosmetics that im not sure I would be happy with.
anyone4 else?

ChristineRenee
02-04-2005, 02:57 AM
Hi Kirsti,

I like Cover Girl liquid makeup too, have used it for a long time now. I used to use Dermablend as foundation but have switched recently to Colortration based on the recommendations of the ladies here and found it to be a superior product coverage wise. As far as mascara, I tend to shy away from the waterproof kind just because it is more difficult to remove even though it usually lasts longer. Maybelline has been a fave of mine over the years there. Revlon and now OPI are my fave nail polishes as well...I really like the OPI Nail Envy clear both as a base and a finish coat since I wear clear polish when out most of the time now.

Hope this helps. Good thread...will be interested in hearing what the other ladies use...especially the experts out there, our GG's.

Love,
Christine

LindaTS
02-04-2005, 08:40 AM
Hi girls,
I use a lot of Maybellene products. I also use L'Oreal makeup as a foundation, along with Cover Girl. I use a lot of nail products, including NYC, that I just recently tried. I have to say that I really like it. I've found that you can't go wrong with any good name brand of cosmetics.

AnnaMaria
02-04-2005, 09:26 AM
My wife tells me that I need to use Mary Kay. She uses it herself and likes it and says that if I am going to spend the money that I should spend it on something that is worth it. That is the reason that we are planning a makeover near the end of march for the both of us with a mary kay rep. Wife said that we needed to make wure that we had some money saved so that we could buy me some stuff while we are there so that I don't end up getting the wrong colors for my skin.

huggs
anna

Jocee
02-04-2005, 01:53 PM
I'm a total MAC addict..... and I love Sephoria Eye Shadows......

I know MAC is expensive, but their full coverage foundation (STUDIO MAC), is the best and I find that their powder is excellent for keeping down the "shine".....

Also, they are extraordinarily gender friendly, openly supporting the community and training their employees about servicing our community.

Joanna

KewTnCurvy GG
02-04-2005, 08:16 PM
Hmmmm, let's see..........

Foundation: Clinique, bareEscentuals, Prescriptives

Mascara: bareEscentuals, Pout

Eyeliner: Smashbox, bareEscentuals

Lipstick: Philosophy, bareEscentuals, Clinique

hugs
kew

kirsti
02-05-2005, 02:51 AM
Hi Kew,thanks to all the ladies responses,
I just noticed your location N.C moving to Canada,
I used to live in a small town in N.C called Monroe,years ago in my younger years,pretty place,I really like Maggie Valley,beautiful in the spring,and fall.

Sherlyn
02-05-2005, 10:56 PM
hi ... hmmmm..mostly anything i can sneak or borrow from kew ..heh !!! ..but prefer tru blend by covergirl for my foundation and maybelline xxL mascara it really does lengthen my lashes ..: ]

DonnaT
02-06-2005, 04:29 PM
In my avatar I have on:

Covergirl concealer;

L'Oreal Visable Lift Extra Coverage line minimizing foundation which includes Pro-Retinol A (for wrinkles) and has an SPF 17 rating;

L'Oreal lip liner filling in the whole lip, not just lining it;

L'oreal Volumn Perfect lipstick;

Covergirl eyeshadow

A generic blush; and

Prescriptive's Magic face powder. It does wonders for deflecting/difussing light.

Amelie
02-06-2005, 08:33 PM
Whatever Rite-Aid has on sale.

Bernadina
02-06-2005, 11:39 PM
Lipstick: L’Oreal, Maybelline, Ecco Bella,

Foundation: Maybelline

Concealer: Revlon, Maybelline, Dermablend.

Blush: Elizabeth Arden

Nail Polish: Revlon, Sally Hansen, L'Oreal

Mascara: L'Oreal,

Powder: Cover Girl

Eye Shadow: Revlon, Ecco Bella, L'Oreal

Purfume: Alfred Sung - Forever, Givency - Organza Indecence, Stella McCartney, Kenzo - Flowers, Leaf, Cartier – Must de Cartier.

Sweet Susan
02-07-2005, 01:37 AM
This question is just too complicated.

kirsti
02-08-2005, 12:16 AM
Hi ChristineRenee,
Yes I just went and purchased the CG clean makeup foundation,and I just love it,applies smoothly,and looks so natural,and best of all it wont clog your pores.

sissy stacy
02-09-2005, 11:44 PM
(curtsey)

Lancome, they have EVERYTHING this little girl needs.

(curtsey)

--sissy stacy

lipstickcd
02-14-2005, 04:39 PM
Mostly Cover Girl but I do like to splurge and get some expensive Lancome lipstick. I like the way it glides on smoothly and just love the silky feeling on my lips. Wonderful thread.

elizabeth anne
02-14-2005, 06:19 PM
I started out years ago with Mary Kay. I got a makeover by a rep. who was also a crossdresser. I lost contact with her so I switched over to Merle Norman because my wife also uses Merle Norman. I use all their products except eye shadow, mascara, nail polish, & lipstick. OPI for my nail polish & lipstick. Eye shadow, I have no particular brand, I use whoever makes colors that I like. Mascara I use Maybelline or Cover Girl.
I have heard alot about MAC & I am considering switching over to their foundation & other products they have from Merle Norman.

Hugs,

Beth

Tiffanygirl
02-14-2005, 07:12 PM
Mary Kay for me and Internet. ;)