PDA

View Full Version : Does your femme self look older or younger?

Cristi
02-16-2007, 12:05 PM
Now that I've been dressing a bit more and even going out occasionally, I've noticed something disturbing.

When I get 100% dressed (clothes, hair, makeup) I look about 8-10 years older than I do in drab! :( :(

I don't know if it is a REAL effect, or if I just associate makeup, foundation, the clothes I wear and the way I style my hair with an older generation. Am I alone in this? When you dress, do you look older to yourself, the same, or actually younger?

What this really means is that there is no WAY I can wear 'young' styles. At my real age, I could still get away with fairly short skirts, but to 'dress my age' when fully made up so I don't draw too much attention, I need to stick to amuch more conservative wardrobe. :(

Toyah
02-16-2007, 12:06 PM
I would say about 15 years younger for me

Lisa Golightly
02-16-2007, 12:40 PM
The same... We are one :)

Karren H
02-16-2007, 12:48 PM
Karren is younger.. I'm old... Sigh...

Karren

hotbobbie
02-16-2007, 12:56 PM
I look younger i think

Mitzi
02-16-2007, 12:58 PM
I look a lot younger in pics. Younger in person too, (maybe a dozen yrs), but not like in pics.

The quandry this presents is, were someone to see my pics first, then sees me, argh....

Mitzi

Kate Simmons
02-16-2007, 01:05 PM
Not sure about appearance but I think Salandra has a slightly higher I.Q. than Rich. I can't prove that emperically though. I don't know how to quite compare doing housework to understanding quantum physics.:heehee:

SherriePall
02-16-2007, 01:12 PM
I believe I look about 10 years younger than what's-his-name. I figure it is because I have more hair than he does and my hair isn't that terrible non-color he has on what's left on top of his head. To repeat a story I think I told: the consultant at David's Bridal who helped me pick out a gown told me she thought I looked better as a woman than as a man.

Ashley1
02-16-2007, 01:17 PM
Perhaps as much as 20 years younger because I have hair again!:hugs:
:love:
Ashley

Alice B
02-16-2007, 01:27 PM
I look younger. The use of make-up covers the weather beaten features of my face and the sun damage. I get an even skin tone that take about 10-12 years off me. I've found a foundation that matches my skin color and can wear it during the day. It gives me a good feeling along with what I wear under my day clothes.

Jocee
02-16-2007, 01:38 PM
Definitely younger -- 10 years or so.....

Sweet Jane
02-16-2007, 01:45 PM
Hi

I think about the same....en femme I have no grey speckles though, as I do normally..the wonders of wiggery!!!

JoAnnDallas
02-16-2007, 01:48 PM
I have been told I look a lot younger than I do in drab. Must be the wig, since it doesn't have any gray hair in it. LOL

Cristi
02-16-2007, 02:24 PM
Wow, I'm the only person so far to say I look OLDER! :(

Perhaps it is all in my head... or a result of looking at myslef too closely in the mirror when applying the makeup. I swear, I never knew about half my wrinkles until noticing them while applying makeup :( :(

I wish I could put up comparrison photos to let you girls judge, but I'm not quite ready yet to put my face online where just anybody can see it.

Jocelyn Quivers
02-16-2007, 02:24 PM
Younger make covers all of my facial blemishes and dark eye circles. Jocelyn

samperle
02-16-2007, 02:48 PM
You ask an interesting question that I decided I should find out the answer too. After checking with my friends the consensus is that I look anywhere from 10 to 15 years younger than my real age. I do believe that it has to do with two main things, the makeup and hair colour.

The makeup takes away many of the lines and smooths the facial appearance while the wig eliminates the grey or white hair colouring.

I would think that if you look older en femme, you should consider these two items along with the clothes that you wear.:2c:

Samantha

marie354
02-16-2007, 02:56 PM
I look younger than I am in male mode, but older in female mode. Not that that's a bad thing mind you, I find it interesting though, that at least my SO is honest about my looks.

Tanya Norton
02-16-2007, 03:09 PM
i prob look about 2 years younger then what i am and it feels good as well.
hugs Tanya

tommi
02-16-2007, 03:20 PM
Need to get better withmakeup so I would say the same.

Tina B.
02-16-2007, 03:55 PM
Sorry but I too have to say younger, at least by a few years, like so many others, I think the hair on top the head helps that illusion, but it is still not young enough to wear a lot of the cute new stuff I see out there, I am not looking like I could shop in the junior dept.
And I think if you look around, you will see there is a lot of cute clothes out there that are age apporprete, just because you age , does not mean polyester pants and matching vest, with grey hair! I ahve been shopping in an upscale dept store lately and have seen many an older woman buying the same things I am looking at, and while they might not be mini's they are stylish, and very femmine!
Tina B.

Michelle (Oz)
02-16-2007, 04:00 PM
Hadn't thought about it until last week when I was told by someone who knew me en drab that I looked 10 years younger. Now that lifted my spirits even further. Guess its covering the grey hair and the makeup getting rid of the skin damage.

BettyAnne
02-16-2007, 04:03 PM
Seems to me that I do look younger than my 74 years when "en femme", but I think it's mostly because my own hair is grey and I like to wear a darker wig. With or without makeup my skin is clear an unlined, Guess I chose the right parents
Betty

susie evans
02-16-2007, 04:09 PM
susie is much younger that her male side he is old fat and bald thank goodness for wigs and corsets :heehee:

susie

Kenix
02-16-2007, 04:44 PM
I was told that I look 10 years younger so I assume this applies to Kenix as well.

linnea
02-16-2007, 04:52 PM
I think that I look quite a bit younger as a woman. It's probably the make-up because it smooths out the wrinkles.

Tamera
02-16-2007, 05:14 PM
But since you asked and I'm not the only one telling. The man in me will be 50 this year, while the female in me will be mid 30's from what others have guessed. Longer hair makes me look younger than short, long hair even made me look younger when I was in my rock n roll bands in the 70's and 80's.

Until my "MIND" catches up with my "BODY" though, I will always be "21".
Tamera

tracy_Trevor
02-16-2007, 06:43 PM
I am sure that the woman in me is younger. I am almost 59 but when I dress as a woman I feel and look 20 years younger.

Tracy

ArleneRaquel
02-16-2007, 06:48 PM
When dressed and made up I feel and look about 15 - 20 years younger. :love: & :hugs: Trina - Eternally Youthful

Paula G
02-16-2007, 07:04 PM
I actually think I look a little older when I'm completely dressed. Maybe it's because in some of the photos I tend to resemble my grandmother when dressed. :eek:

EricaCD
02-16-2007, 07:07 PM
About the same. I have a youthful looking face - most people would figure me to be a few years younger than I am (say early 30s rather than 37), and I think that's about how old I look as Erica.

Alpaula
02-16-2007, 07:15 PM
Younger by10-15 yrs:be:

MarinaTwelve200
02-16-2007, 07:23 PM
Well, Im 57----If I say so myself I dont think I look it.

I Did look my age a few years back but I changed to a long wig and stopped wearing foundation that was too light.

In some images I seem to look up to 20 years or more younger, but usually look about 15 years younger.

PrincessBelle1959
02-16-2007, 08:17 PM
Older here. Sucs but it's true. Wig helps with dark hair though.

Jodi
02-16-2007, 08:20 PM
I am told by my gg friends that Jodi looks about 20 years younger than the male counterpart. Also, I am told that when in drab, I look 15 years younger than what I am.

Jodi

Mary Jane
02-16-2007, 08:21 PM
I think I look quite a few years younger when dressed.

rexy
02-16-2007, 09:13 PM
yes i would guess at least 10 years younger !!:happy:

Teresa Amina
02-16-2007, 09:54 PM
By a lot! Look at that avatar- she sure isn't 51 :happy:

Jacqui
02-16-2007, 10:24 PM
How old do I look? Subtract or add from 47.
Be gentle.

Rachel Morley
02-16-2007, 10:33 PM
Well, don't judge me my avatar ... I look much younger in that! I suppose I have to say in my short wig I look like a woman of the same age that I am, or maybe a tiny bit younger. When I'm wearing the wig that I'm wearing in may avatar and my profile pic in real life I look younger than my real age. However, I have a new wig that I'm taking for a test drive this Saturday night and I think it makes me look very different, and perhaps younger.... I dunno :strugglin: I'll take some pics and let you girls decide :D

Adrienne Heels
02-16-2007, 10:34 PM
I think I look younger as Karyn.....must be the makeup

S. Lisa Smith
02-16-2007, 10:45 PM
Younger! And I like the way I look much better!

Kelsy
02-17-2007, 12:53 AM
About the same. I have a youthful looking face - most people would figure me to be a few years younger than I am (say early 30s rather than 37), and I think that's about how old I look as Erica.

I have been told the same thing Erica! my face is more youthful than my age.
I think that when dressed with makeup and a wig my femm self looks 10 to 15 years younger than her male counterpart. that make me very happy!:D

Jennifer:happy:

Roxi Loh
02-17-2007, 12:59 AM
I am going with younger...at least 5 years if I get the make up right. There have been times when I looked older with bad eye shadow. That is the key.

JeanneF
02-17-2007, 02:09 AM
I'd say I'm pretty close. I'm 27, and I think that I look pretty typical late 20s/early 30s when I'm in girl mode. Considering that most people think I'm in my early 30s in boy mode I'd consider it pretty much spot on.

Marianna Julianna
02-17-2007, 03:45 AM
Younger for sure, I class my self as younger when I'm dressed anyway, in line with when my feminine self came out, but since in male mode I often have at least a days stubble and find being dressed makes me feel more alive, to be expected I guess. Nothing to do with wearing younger clothes though, I try to dress like my wife (when she dresses nice) and other women my age range (late thirties to early forties) because I feel I look better and more genuine that way.

KirstyChibiMoon
02-17-2007, 03:49 AM
im trying to look WAY younger <giggles>
most are WAY off when guessing my real age
so ill take that as a good sign...
i cant wait for laser hair removal on my face
and i recently started hormone injections :)

TxKimberly
02-17-2007, 04:25 AM
For me it is the reverse - when dressed I feel at least ten years younger. Women get to cheat - they wear makeup and that hides a lot of sins!
Kim

Suzie S.
02-17-2007, 05:15 AM
Definitely younger, by at least 10 years. :thumbsup: What a wonderful way to feel youthful again!! :D

Deidra Cowen
02-17-2007, 06:00 AM
Most tgirls look younger because according to the makeup artist that did my first makeover....

1) Mens skin ages better than women.
2) Heavy foundation makeup takes 5 to 6 years of age off of our appearance - covers small wrinkles and gives a younger glow to the skin tone.

So I think that why most Tgirls look 5 to 10 years younger. We have some girls in Atlanta that are in their 50s and they still look pretty good! This is one area where for once we have a bit of an advantage over GGs. LOL well also we got better legs. :tongueout

Ms Alison Janes
02-17-2007, 06:28 AM
In the mirror I definitely look younger, or is that just wishful thinking.:happy:

Kristen Kelly
02-17-2007, 11:03 AM
I feel I look and act younger when dressed, but because of my dressing I now dress younger in drab.
I am lucky enough to have a full head of my own hair which I am growing longer and had it highlighted strawberry blond. Had my ears pierced and sport hoops all the time. I have cleansed and moisturize often enough that my face looks so much younger and clearer. Lost 35 Lbs and watching what I eat, plan on losing another 20-30 lbs. This is driven by my dressing but my drab side as reaped the results.

MsEva
02-17-2007, 11:05 AM
I guess I look younger too. About ten years too! Hmmmm do you see a pattern here?:D

Stephanie Kay
02-17-2007, 11:57 AM
I think I look younger even when I wear grayish hair! It's the make up, I think!

Margie
02-17-2007, 01:29 PM
What an interesting question!
I honestly think I look much younger and I think most cd's do too, just my opinion. I do wear a gray wig as I'm 61 and just trying to look like my age group and I'm surprised how much younger I look when dressed and in all honesty I think I'm an attractive 40 to 50ish woman?? I'd leave that for my wife to decide tho LOL. Maybe it's time to ask her??
I just may post a pic of me. I need to get a better background than what I have for mine now. I love the question!

MsEva
02-17-2007, 01:40 PM
Younger! And I like the way I look much better!

You always look great Lisa! That is my neighbor! I just asked my dear wife the same question...just to see if I was online...she said..yup, you look younger as Eva...I asked her..how many years younger..she said eight to ten!:Angry3:

She said that is because women can do thing to themselves to look younger..she is such a smart woman!

BTW my dear wife looks about eight years younger than her age. great genes!