PDA

View Full Version : How do I Reduce waist. . . .

Lisa Baby
02-16-2007, 07:37 PM
Hello ladies
I would REALLY like to reduce my waist/stomach measurements. But I do not know the best and/or easiest way to do so. Or what size of a garment to purchase to do so. I am sure that there are other ladies who could also use the same help on this problem.

Will you please give us your advise?

I am willing to accept some discomfort to do so. I am unable to do most exercises due to physical limitations. (Even mild physical strain can cause problems. I am currently under doctors orders to bend, lift, or exert myself for at least four more days due to a recent outpatient surgery.)

I would like to be able to eventually have my stomach measurements smaller than my waist. I read/saw a story about a woman who was able to reduce her stomach measurement down so much, by using smaller and smaller corsets, that a man was able to touch thumbs and middle fingers! I do not want to go to that extreme, but I do want to be able to eventually have my stomach measurements smaller than my waist.

All of the following measurements are “relaxed.”:o

Hips 37 inches
Waist 35 inches
Stomach 36.5 inches
Under bust 35.5 inches
Breast 37 inches

Unfortunately, cost is an issue in my present circumstances, and the garment needs to be one that I can put on without assistance.

Many, many thanks for your help!:hugs:

Feel free to PM or Email me with any suggestions specific to my measurements.

Lisa

marie354
02-16-2007, 07:58 PM
Walmart carries waist cinchers and girdles. I have a few different types, one is a girdle/waist cincher combined with a snap crotch that I like.
They're not too expensive and generally come in black, white, and beige.
They also have water bras that I like a lot and have several of those too, one in pink as well.
Walmart or Kmart or Target will have the lowest prices.
Corsettes, at least the ones I've been looking at will pull you in tightly depending how tight the laces are, but are rather expensive.
The walmart ones work for me.

Karren H
02-16-2007, 08:23 PM
I have 2 civil war eara replica corsetts that I got from Wicked Red's on Ebay... $50.00 ....Crunch my 32 inch waist down to 28 or 29.... That and my lighted panties are enough to give me enough of a fem look... At least enoug for me... Sheryll the owner is soo sweet and always throws in some free-bees...

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/karrenhutton/album/576460762329881192

Karren

Lighted.... Funny..... LIGHTLY!!!!

marie354
02-16-2007, 08:26 PM
Quoted by Karren Hutton: That and my lighted panties are enough to give me enough of a fem look

What kind of lights... L.E.D., neon or incandescent? And what color?

Would any of these LED types work? http://www.superbrightleds.com/led_prods.htm

MistyCD
02-16-2007, 08:37 PM
Well, you could get a job in a restaurant....Once you see how they handle food, you'll never want to eat again!!!!!!!

seriously, ask a professional such as a doctor or nutrition expert or both of them before you try any types of diets....

Hugs Misty....

Lisa Baby
02-16-2007, 10:08 PM
Thanks for your help!

But I still need to know which size I should buy and how much reduction I might expect. Do they size these items by what size you want to reduce to, or what size you are now?+?

I have heard about the organ displacement, but have not heard of how severe the dangers might be. Is the amount of danger dependent upon the amount of compression? I will do the Google search to see what is availiable.

I am a Type I diabetic and am already on a diet that leaves me feeling hungry after bnearly half of my meals. "Free foods" can only carry you so far.

:hugs: Lisa

linnea
02-16-2007, 10:49 PM
Size and comfortable (though slimming) fit are very difficult without so experimentation and trying on. That doesn't help much, but you might try some of the catalogs that have sizing information, find the nearest comfortable size and take it down a step. Good luck.

Stephenie S
02-16-2007, 10:53 PM
Dear Lisa,

In my opinion, you have already touched on the solution. Hunger. Being hungry is the FEELING of loosing weight and loosing weight is the only way to reduce your stomach measurements. Cutting calories will reduce your stomach. You need to take in fewer calories than you burn in order to loose weight. The solution is to eat less. Not a LOT less, just less. Over time this will reduce your measurements. Unfortunately, the feeling that goes along with this is the feeling of hunger. If you can redirect your brain to live with that feeling you will loose weight. Drink a lot of water, eat fat free snacks like plain popcorn and rice cakes, lots of fruits and vegetables, and SMALL portions of meats.

Then if you practice tight lacing you will be very pleased with the result. Trying to squeeze a fat belly into a too tight corset is uncomfortable and unhealthy.

Steph

Jesse69
02-16-2007, 11:06 PM
Hunger sucks. Just switch to low calorie foods that fill you up. Like 1 cup of fresh cut pineapples is 73 calories.

Well, you got it tough being diabetic. I'd say exercise if you can. Me, my last 45 mile 3hr workout put me down by 2 to 1.5 lbs. So exercise works wonders. So I can eat well and not suffer hunger and enjoy junk food.

Try this website to find low calorie foods to fill you up --

http://www.calorie-count.com/calories/item/9050.html

Also, you could try a prepackaged TV Dinner diet. I do TV dinners for lunch almost every day!

Karren H
02-16-2007, 11:47 PM
I chose a size 36 which is 2 inshes less than my bra size. My corset has laces in the back so its adjustable and you can tighten it as much as you need plus it has hooks in the front for easy on and off.. ..

Check Ebay and Wicked Red's website.. Email them ans ask about sizing and if you plan to loose weight then get one size smaller...

I love my corsetts... Wear them almost always out enfemme and some times while in male mode...

This is the one I bought

http://cgi.ebay.com/Replica-Civil-War-Corset-re-enactment-36_W0QQitemZ150091611882QQihZ005QQcategoryZ13961QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

One in white and one in black..

Love Karren

Tamera
02-17-2007, 02:53 AM
Looking at my avatar. This is what drinking 2-3 cups of coffee in the morning, only eating supper(No Dinner), and being on a Tuna Fish diet has done so far. I am now at 165 from 215, my goal is between 150 and 160. It won't happen overnight and some may say its a bit of a DRASTIC measure of what I am doing. BUT IT WORKS. You fine what works for you and DO IT!!!.
Good Luck
Tamera

PaulaJaneThomas
02-17-2007, 04:23 AM
Diet and exercise. You should do that anyway as from your measurements you're very close to being centrally obese which doubles your risk of a heart attack.

sterling12
02-17-2007, 04:50 PM
Most of the people who sell corsets, sell them by CLOSED waist size and they recommend no more than a four inch reduction.

If your waist is 35 inches, you would want a corset that is either a 30 or 32 closed. Except for the very custom made ones, 2 inch increments are common.

DO NOT get confused by some of the things sold by Fredericks and similar stores. If they are honest, they will stipulate that their corset is more for looks and not a true waist reducing corset. You can usually tell, because these types of corsets have measurements that relate more to your torso and other strange places, on your anatomy. Things like zippers, hook and eye closures, lack of stays and a busk, Bridal wear, usually mean a "Playtime" Corset and that's not what you want.

You might want to look at the standard model that The Glamor Boutique sells, it has pretty good quality, they explain measuring very well, and will give you a lot of tips on care and how to "break in" your corset. All very critical for the beginner. By the way, that corset runs less than $100, quite a bit less.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Amy Hepker
02-17-2007, 04:59 PM
I have corsets and they work great and feel great too. I have gone from 275 Lbs. down to 220 Lbs, and I plan to go down to about 170 Lbs. I lost this wieght in 5 months. Eat one meal a day in the afternoon, never before bed, and stay active.

Lisa Baby
02-18-2007, 06:22 PM
Tight Laceing::thumbsdn:
I have only found examples of the dangers of "extreme" tight laceing in what I have read so far. I do not plan to go to that extreme. My hope would be to reduce my waist to about 30 inhes. (or maybe 28 inches)

Dieting::o
I have already lost about twenty pounds in the past five months. My currant weight is 171 Pounds. I do hope to lose another ten to fifteen pounds in the near future. My goal is to drop down to BETWEEN 155 AND 160. (My height is 5' - 10.75" in my stockinged feet.)

I am already on a "diet," as that is something that is VERY important to a Diabetic. I need to balance my food and insulin intake in order to maintain a "ballanced" blood sugar level.

Exerciseing::(
Exerciseing is a difficult problem for me for two reasons. 1. I am what used to be known as a "brittle" diabetic. This means that small changes in exercise, diet, or stress can cause BIG changes in blood sugar levels.
I don't know what they are calling it these days, but I still have the problem of maintaining a "safe" blood sugar level. 2. I am limited in the types of exercise I may do due t physical limitations. I am unable to do most of the exercises that focus on the stomach area.

If I could reduce the "fat" in my stomach area, I would not only lose the weight that I want to, but it would also reduce my stomach measurements.

:hugs: Lisa

Colleentg
02-18-2007, 06:51 PM
Dieting very important, but eat healthy as well. Don't risk your health for the sake of losing more than you can.

I tend to wear cinching garments when the need arises. Either a high-waist cinching brief, a regular waist-cincher, or a snug bodysuit/bodybriefer - the ones with firm tummy control. I love corsets, but not to wear for long periods. I had one that reduced my waist to 26". It gave me the hourglass form I wanted all along.

trannie T
02-18-2007, 11:48 PM
I'm slowly losing weight. It is a simple procedure, basic math, exercise+diet. There are no miracle cures.

susie evans
02-19-2007, 11:39 PM
exersise and diet

susie

Sedona
02-20-2007, 10:48 AM
Yes, diet and exercise are always great to do, BUT, to achieve a great hourglass shape, you'll need some help. If you're slim, you still have slim hips in proportion to the waist, and will need a corset to give yourself that little "extra."

If you're spending much less than 100 dollars for a corset, it's probably junk, IMHO. Look through the corset links on this site, and you'll find some recommendations.

Also, www.staylace.com will answer many questions you have about medical issues and such.

Good luck,

JoAnnDallas
02-20-2007, 12:17 PM
I startd dieting a few months ago. Breakfest is a boiled egg and a cup of coffee. Lunch is a small can of tuna, crackers, and fruit (strawberries, blueberries, pineapple, and bannas) with water. Dinner is a sensible normal meal, sometimes it is also take out or we go to an restruant. So far I have went from 176 to 155. Also went from a Misses size 14 to a Misses size 12.

Jesse69
02-20-2007, 06:35 PM
Hey JLB - if you can't exercise much and dieting won't go further then you should liposuction that tummy!

Gee, it sucks to have health problems like you. Well, what's your current dress size now and what are you aiming for?

Tina B.
02-20-2007, 11:26 PM
If there is no medical reason not to, buy yourself a waist cincher, about 3 to 4 inches smaller than your waist, the first few times you wear it it will be a bit uncomfortable, but in no time it will feel just fine.
and then if you want even more of a difference, you can add a 4 pad panty that adds a little to your hips and buttocks areas. a few inches goes along way.
both of these things can be had from JC penny's, Fredricks of Hollywood, or many other places at a very reasonable price.
And remember, dieting will take it off the hips as well as the waist, and what you want is contouring!
Tina B.

Tamera
04-02-2007, 06:49 AM
From my previous post on this thread. I am now down to 159lbs. Still only 3 cups of coffee in the morning, no lunch, and 3 Tuna Fish Sandwiches for Supper. When/If my sugar gets low, I have a Coke. I also have initiated 35 crunches in the morn and 35 crunches at night. I now wear a size 28 jeans in Juniors. My hips won't get any smaller for now I measure Hip Bone to Hip Bone.
I Still wan't to see what 150 will look like.
I am 5'11" and the picture of my avatar was taken 3-31-07
LOL
Tamera

Wendrme
04-02-2007, 07:37 AM
I wear a high waisted, very controlling, panty girdle with garter snaps. I wear this over a control panty. I find that it is the only thing which creates a feminine curve at the waist. I have a natural 37 inch waist and the wonderful woman who took a lot of time fitting me, suggested a size 32 girdle. I would love to wear a longline bra but have not been able to work the hooks and eyes without throwing my back out. i do like a bra which has a lot of control, so I go for styles which have at least a three hook closure , if not a four.The control of the bra pushes the flesh from my underarm area into useful cleavage. Such a bra in a 38B fits naturally and looks nicely filled without additional stuffing.

Josephine 1941
04-02-2007, 09:59 PM
Hi JLB

Go to Wal Marts sports department, or some other discount deptment stores . Weight belt made of heavy rubber velcrow connect and wear it like when ever you want . Just like a girtull, very cheap and nobody gives you a second look.You will sweat alot in the right place , helping me slim down

Tamera
04-02-2007, 10:36 PM
When I first started to diet I shrink wrapped my mid section in the morning and took it off at night. Just suck your gut in and wrap yourself around aboutf 4-5 times. You'll sweat underneath. I lost 30 lbs. just by doing that, and staying to a 1500 calorie diet.
LOL
Tamera

AllieSF
04-02-2007, 10:39 PM
You might look at the Flexees (by Maidenform, I think) waist reducer. I bought one today at T.J. Maxx, like Ross, an overstock seller. You may have to visit the store several times, as these only come inonce in a blue moon. Mine is a medium for my 32 inch waist. I have it on now and it does help a lot. It does not give me an hour glass figure, but it does help pull in my belly and especially my spare tires a lot. It is a trick to get into though. I thought that I may have to call rescue when I started putting it on and got stuck! Probably for you an extra large. I paid $13.00 for mine (probably $30+ if sold in a regular store). A good cheap investment if it helps. So far after about an hour I still feel comfortable. I hope it continues to do so.

Melinda G
04-03-2007, 10:13 PM
I would REALLY like to reduce my waist/stomach measurements. But I do not know the best and/or easiest way to do so.

Diet and excercise, and lots of situps.:D

janedoe311
04-06-2007, 05:23 PM
Corset training. Her waist is 15 inches.

http://cellar.org/iotd.php?threadid=2773

Eva Diva
04-06-2007, 08:11 PM
Just adding an element to the weight loss suggestions. Recent research has shown that not all fat cells are created equal. We've all seen the difference between pot bellies and big bums/hips. People with pot bellies - like me - are called "apples", and those with big bottoms are called "pears". It turns out that the different body shapes are genetically controlled - the body puts on fat in different places. It also turns out that the fat cells in the different parts of the body are functionally different as well. When you have an excess of fat cells on the hips, they are just under the skin. In the extreme, that's the "roll" you see around a body. On the other hand, those of us with round bellies, the fat is actually inside the abdominal cavity, under both the skin and the abdominal muscle wall. Here's the problem - the fat cells that form inside the abdomen produce substances that go into the bloodstream and damage the heart, kidneys, liver, and may also be involved with Alzheimer's disease and other health problems. This is opposed to fat cells that are just under the skin, and basically just sit there and mind their own business. :D
Let's see... my dad and his two brothers all had the family pot belly. Two died before their time of heart disease, and the youngest has had heart surgery. Seems to fit the pattern! I've been up to 206, and I'm down to 178 now, with at least another 18 lbs to go. If the weather ever warms up, I should be able to get there this summer. The good thing is that when you lose weight, it comes off the belly first, so you actually see results pretty quick.
So there's a great reason to lose weight if you have the "apple" figure - you may add years on to your life. I have yet to see any medical reference to the added benefit of being able to wear a nice tight black dress as well, but I know it's adding to my motivation! :D

Lisa Baby
04-07-2007, 07:17 AM
I would like to thank everyone who has placed a post on this page. :D

Please continue to post sugestions here, or start a new thread with the same content, to help all of us that require that extra bit of help.

I have just purchased two waist cinchers, one one size smaller than the other, and have begun breaking it in by wearing it untill it becomes uncomfortable. Then I will put it on again the next day and follow the same procedure. I plan on checking my waist measurements again in two or three weeks.

The weight belt sounds as if it will work about the same as a waist cincher. But it also sounds like the weight belt would be more vwesitile in fitting your5 waist. My only complaint would be its appearance. I am in love with having a feminine appearance.

Wraping the stomach with plastic wrap sounds interesting. I am curious as to where the sweat runsooff to? And how do you keep it from soaking through to your outer clothing?

Please kepp adding more information to this page.:hugs:

Lisa

Wenda
04-07-2007, 07:43 AM
.... It turns out that the different body shapes are genetically controlled - the body puts on fat in different places. :D
In my case, even when I was in exceptionally good shape, I always had a little roll at my belt line, especially on my sides. When I was teaching in Mexico, I asked a student, a plastic surgeon about it. He confirmed that it was hereditary, and the best way to eliminate it would be liposuction. We did the procedure in his clinic as an out-patient. I thnk we only removed about a liter of material, less than 2 pounds, but it changed my silhouette dramatically. Even now that I have put on some weight, those pesky fat cells are gone. To loose weight for me is simple, stop drinking beer and walk 30 minutes a day. Easier to say than do. w

Lilith Moon
04-07-2007, 08:51 AM
In my case, even when I was in exceptionally good shape, I always had a little roll at my belt line, especially on my sides. When I was teaching in Mexico, I asked a student, a plastic surgeon about it. He confirmed that it was hereditary, and the best way to eliminate it would be liposuction.

I didn't know that! I have a pronounced stomach. When I managed to lose so much weight that my face looked gaunt that pesky bulge stayed with me. And yes, I tried exercise but that just seemed to make it worse...I was developing tummy muscles as well as retaining that lump of fat.

Tamera
04-07-2007, 11:55 AM
JLB,
The sweat under the wrap does not make your clothes look wet. Probable if you exercised while wearing the wrap it would but I did not do that. Just normal activity is what I did throughout the day. At the end of the day when I took the wrap off is when I seen the sweat. I just had to get my drivers license renewed and there was a difference in my facial features between the 2 licenses. It was amazing how losing 30-40 lbs. could make that much of a difference.
Try the wrap. Its an old highschool sports way of losing weight for football players, wrestelers, etc.

Regarding heredity. I beleive that "YES" weight is hereditary but I beleive it is controlable so it does not get out of hand.

LOL
Tamera