PDA

View Full Version : Older or Younger? OK, guess my age

Cristi
02-17-2007, 03:01 PM
A few days ago I posted a thread asking if you thought you looked older or younger enfemme than you do 'drab'.

Of all the responses, you were 98% agreed that you thought your femme self looked younger, while my initial post was that *I* looked older.

So maybe I'm wrong. Here is an experiment. I'm posting 2 pics of me (the FIRST pics of Cristi on this forum that don't have my head cropped out!) Please 'guess my age'.

Don't worry about offending me... I have always looked older than I really am, even in drab. Even if you are off by 15 years, it won't really bother me, but I'll learn something about myelf (and what age I should be 'dressing'). I'm just curious if my self image is anywhere close to where others see me!

I want to give you a way of knowing how close you were without having to check back here later, so here it is. The answer is the square root of 1849 :)

BTW: These pics were taken today after playing with makeup and my curling iron. That is my real hair, so obviously the color contributes to making me look older. It is also a new lip color for me. It looked good indoors, but I'm not too pleased with the color outside in direct sunlight.

Tamera
02-17-2007, 03:10 PM
Hi Cristi,
I am going to guess at age 50.
You are right the grey hair is part of the reason for my answer. But my question to you would be, that since this is your real hair, why not have it dyed and cut? And then maybe I'll guess 30 or 40 depending on the results.

Iniquity Blonde GG
02-17-2007, 03:12 PM
id say round 40ish ?? 45 maybe ??

Cristi
02-17-2007, 03:14 PM
The only reason I haven't dyed it is that it has been that color since I was about 25 years old, and all my siblings have the same color. So at this point it would be a pretty huge change in my appearance that I would have to explain to everybody. Plus, once you commit to coloring it, you have to keep doing it every time the roots start to grow out.

I did color it once for halloween, but even the 'temporary' color took about a month to come out. It wasn't until after I was done that I read on the box that the color may not come out of light colored hair very well. THAT took a lot of explaining at work!!

I usually wear it pulled back in a ponytail, so it drab mode it actually looks pretty short (pulled straight back and tight to my scalp).

Since it is on-topic about the hair, here is a pic that the hairdresser took of me on halloween last year when I stopped it to have it curled (before I started learning how to do it myself). BTW: I think the dress I am wearing is my favorite. :)

Bobbi Lynn
02-17-2007, 03:15 PM
Squqre root-1849=43

A few days ago I posted a thread asking if you thought you looked older or younger enfemme than you do 'drab'.

Of all the responses, you were 98% agreed that you thought your femme self looked younger, while my initial post was that *I* looked older.

So maybe I'm wrong. Here is an experiment. I'm posting 2 pics of me (the FIRST pics of Cristi on this forum that don't have my head cropped out!) Please 'guess my age'.

Don't worry about offending me... I have always looked older than I really am, even in drab. Even if you are off by 15 years, it won't really bother me, but I'll learn something about myelf (and what age I should be 'dressing'). I'm just curious if my self image is anywhere close to where others see me!

I want to give you a way of knowing how close you were without having to check back here later, so here it is. The answer is the square root of 1849 :)

BTW: These pics were taken today after playing with makeup and my curling iron. That is my real hair, so obviously the color contributes to making me look older. It is also a new lip color for me. It looked good indoors, but I'm not too pleased with the color outside in direct sunlight.

marie354
02-17-2007, 03:23 PM
What's the cube root of 144? Everyone knows the square root is 12.

I love math so I took the log and divided that by 2 and after raising 10 to the 1.6334684555795865264050881532292 power... I know your real age, but you look about 40ish. Not bad actually. Not bad at all. I wish I was that young. Although in male mode I look about the same age as you.

Tamera
02-17-2007, 03:30 PM
The only reason I haven't dyed it is that it has been that color since I was about 25 years old, and all my siblings have the same color. So at this point it would be a pretty huge change in my appearance that I would have to explain to everybody. Plus, once you commit to coloring it, you have to keep doing it every time the roots start to grow out.

I did color it once for halloween, but even the 'temporary' color took about a month to come out. It wasn't until after I was done that I read on the box that the color may not come out of light colored hair very well. THAT took a lot of explaining at work!!

I usually wear it pulled back in a ponytail, so it drab mode it actually looks pretty short (pulled straight back and tight to my scalp).

Since it is on-topic about the hair, here is a pic that the hairdresser took of me on halloween last year when I stopped it to have it curled (before I started learning how to do it myself). BTW: I think the dress I am wearing is my favorite. :)

Just to let you know I read your reply on my question. And your right that dress does look nice on you. WAY TO GO!!!!
Tamera

Leslie Foxx
02-17-2007, 05:24 PM
I'd say you are older than yesterday, but younger than tomorrow. Don't hide that pretty face anymore.

Daintre
02-17-2007, 05:57 PM
I have always said that age is a state of mind. We "age" yearly according to the calender, but people mature at different rates. There are days when I feel young, and I think my grooming reflects that, and conversely, there are days when I am ready for a walker....oh right....I use one. You look very fetching my dear, definitely on the young side.

Di
02-17-2007, 06:57 PM
I love the color...a nat platinum blonde...I'd say early 40's:thumbsup:

geekinthepinkcd
02-17-2007, 07:00 PM
Quick guess based on those two pics, I'd say 45

Juanita O
02-17-2007, 07:46 PM
well my guess is 50ish.

bredalee25
02-17-2007, 08:24 PM
I'd say you look like your not a day over 35. I agree with the others don't hide that pretty face anymore you look awesome.

:love:
ttfn

Alice B
02-17-2007, 08:42 PM
IU'm not going to guess because it does not matter. You have shown us who you are and you look great. Age is not a factor. I'm older, but do not care what age I look like when in femme. I just like how I look and feel good about it. I'm sure you do too.:2c:

Billie1
02-17-2007, 08:51 PM
My guess would be 42-46.

(Don't know why you've been hiding that great-looking face, though)

Angie G
02-17-2007, 09:24 PM
Cristi I would put you at abuot 42 hun :hugs:
Angie

Peggy55
02-17-2007, 10:02 PM
54 years old is my guess. Plus or minus a couple years.

Sugar01
02-17-2007, 11:11 PM
I'm gonna go with around 83?

Sugar01
02-17-2007, 11:11 PM
:p

Just messing with ya. I'd put you right about 40.

Jenna1561
02-18-2007, 01:17 AM
I'd say about 44.

Jenna

Suzie Green
02-18-2007, 08:34 AM
I'd honestly guess around 50, but I just happen to be a college math major and know what the square root of 1849 is without a calculator! :tongueout

Numbers be damned...you still look good! :love:

Wendy me
02-18-2007, 08:49 AM
i would say you look early 40"s ... but your real age should be around 44 but closer to 45.....

Cristi
02-18-2007, 11:20 AM
So far, the results have been interesting. On average the replies are coming in surprisingly close (I'm still not going to post the answer here in case anybody still wants to guess... remember, it is the square root of 1849).

Having the guesses be a bit high, as some are, is just what I'd expect, since even in guy mode I've always been one of those people that looks old for my age (except when it came to buying beer... I still got carded).

I really want to thank the people who took the time to compliment my appearance... you all *really* made my day! I may just have to print those comments out and save them for a rainy day :happy:

Karren H
02-18-2007, 11:25 AM
24??

:D

Karren

Cristi
02-18-2007, 11:38 AM
24??

:D

Karren

Love you, Karen :love:

Cassy11
02-18-2007, 11:45 AM
You look over 21 and thats all a girl should admit to. Lets see...Fair skin beautiful smile, nice hair at first guess I'd say 38

Kathryn Philips
02-18-2007, 12:33 PM
You tell me if I look younger as a man or a woman

Leslie Foxx
02-18-2007, 12:42 PM
Your fem self definitely looks younger! And prettier, too!

Cristi
02-18-2007, 12:51 PM

Kattie looks younger... but I think I like the blonde wig in your avatar better. It goes better with your makeup and skin color IMHO.

Rachel Morley
02-18-2007, 12:55 PM
Hi Cristi,

I think you look pretty good as you don't seem to have hardly any wrinkles. (although you are wearing glasses so it's hard to tell) Your hair color maybe makes you feel that you look older than you actually are. I'd say you look like you are between 38 and 42 .... if you pushed me for one number I'd say 39.

Cristi
02-18-2007, 01:02 PM
Hi Cristi,

I think you look pretty good as you don't seem to have hardly any wrinkles. (although you are wearing glasses so it's hard to tell) Your hair color maybe makes you feel that you look older than you actually are. I'd say you look like you are between 38 and 42 .... if you pushed me for one number I'd say 39.

yeah, aren't glasses wonderful? The main reason I wear them when out is that I have deep eyes that just don't look feminine no matter what I do :(

And yes, they do hide some wrinkles that make me look older, so I guess I'm cheating by wearing them. Just in the last year or so I've gotten 'crows feet' at the corners of my eyes and some light lines developing at the top of my cheekbones. :( Maybe they've been there for a lot longer, but I only noticed them now that I'm concentrating on my face more in a magnifying mirror!

Rachel Morley
02-18-2007, 01:08 PM
Just in the last year or so I've gotten 'crows feet' at the corners of my eyes and some light lines developing at the top of my cheekbones.
Crows feet!?! .....don't talk to me about crows feet! :( I have a nest of crows on my face :p I prefer to call them "laughter lines" as that's when they show up most :D

janet p
02-18-2007, 01:59 PM
I'd say late 30's early 40's but no older then 43. You shouldn't hide behind those sunglasses and that dress looks great on you.

Kathryn Philips
02-18-2007, 02:39 PM
Cristy, I was meant to post my pictures in your other thread on whether our femm selves look older or younger and not in this one. Sorry about the mistake, I hope you dont thick I was trying to hijack your thread. I wonder if one of the forum moderators can tranfer this post to the one titled "Does your femme self look older or younger?"

Sugar01
02-18-2007, 04:54 PM

Kattie,

I'm not sure it's a fair comparison. You didn't do any Photoshopping to your male photo, like you did with your CD pic. Looks like you were trying to eliminate your stubble, but it doesn't look natural at all.

In fact, isn't the picture on the right the same as the left, you just feminized it in Photoshop?

michellebesweet
02-18-2007, 05:04 PM
The picture on the left looks late forty or early fifties, but the picture on the right looks early forties.

Colleentg
02-18-2007, 05:44 PM
LOL Don't make me get out the calculator! LOL Gees, I left math class many many years ago, and you're asking me to do the math? I can't even use analog division (pencil and paper)! Really I cannot. I passed one required basic math class in HS with a "D".

I'm not good at guessing ages, but you do look good. People always guess mine wrong by at least 10 years (low guesses) THink young, live it. Your mind and body will follow.

SherriePall
02-18-2007, 06:50 PM
I'm not getting sucked into this guessing game. The last time a woman asked me to guess her age, she was in charge of payroll and I knew if I was high, there would be problems with my paycheck that week.
Besides, I played around with the calculator and know the answer which is very close to what I would have guessed since you said you were prematurely gray and have such good looking skin.