PDA

View Full Version : what ya gunna do

noname
02-17-2007, 11:56 PM
Today I was wearing dark green mens quick silver shorts with pink stitching and an off white cream guys t-shirt. But I also wore flip flops that showed my toe nails painted pink. So I was at the mall and only one person said anything, This skater guy was like, did you paint your nails! Yeah. Dude, why would you do something like that? Cause I wanted to, and I like it. Oh uhhh... cool. I mean really, what could he say? Yeah, my toes are painted, what ya gunna do about it. :)

So later on that day my wife and I are getting pizza, and we were seated next to these guys acting all macho, talking about a coworker who went to work for the state and he didn't deserve the job cause he's not man enough to do his current job. Blah blah blah... I did my time, when I chopped wood in North Dakota! blah blah blah. So I get up to wash up before eating. Just so happens they got up to leave. So this big 6' 250 lbs guy with a shaved head saw my nails and my stretch flare jeans and nearly had a heart attack. He seemed really angery, like a wild steer taking his all to contain himself. Sucker, seems to have some realy issues with his own security, too freeking bad, he can eat crow pie for all I care.

Maybe I'm just getting confident and comfortable.

trannie T
02-18-2007, 02:07 AM
Isn't it amusing how a little thing like painted toe nails can so upset some people. As one of my gay friends says, "Better blatent than latent."

Wenda
02-18-2007, 11:16 AM
Maybe it is too simplistic, but I think that some of these 'hyper-macho' guys may have what they consider to be very feminine feelings, and may have been raised with a very unisexual view of the world. Perhaps they were punished or shamed for expressing 'feminine' feelings, or wearing girls clothing or jewellery? The anger seems disproportionate to the situation. The only explanation for that type of release of pent-up fury, I believe, lies somewhere in the victim's past. Too bad to be them.

kaitlin
02-18-2007, 12:33 PM
You go noname!!! I think it is so cool that you were able to back down one of americas narrow minded, macho what-a-be a__holes. There is a lot of them out there. I don't have a problem with defending myself, I am fairly good sized in my arms and chest. (makes passing real hard) But it's the word of mouth in small town Tennessee that would do me in. Keep up the good work!! Kaitlin

marie354
02-18-2007, 12:45 PM
I used to act all tough and macho to try to hide my femme side. Maybe he is doing the same thing.

Rachel Morley
02-18-2007, 12:46 PM
He seemed really angery, like a wild steer taking his all to contain himself. Sucker, seems to have some realy issues with his own security, too freeking bad, he can eat crow pie for all I care.

Maybe I'm just getting confident and comfortable.
It's funny because while I haven't had anyone notice my painted toenails (yet) I have had people notice the girly clothes I wear as a guy in boy mode. If my clothes are kinda camp and gay looking, I've had a couple of guys give me the most disgusted look at you have ever seen. I find this rather amusing and not even threatening that wearing girly clothes, macho guys seemingly think I'm a very poor excuse for a man. But ah well, that's me ... I never said I was a typical guy :heehee:

pwincessbigbootyooty
02-18-2007, 02:02 PM
i bet he wasaan offdutry police occifa!

Phyliss
02-18-2007, 05:05 PM
Many years ago I used to work with a pair of, shall we say, "Less than "informed" gentlemen" Being a relativly open minded person used to make my feel quite uncomfortable around these people. I hadn't at the time discovered myself so there wasn't any worry about being outed to them. It was fun however to occasionally make a comment or a reference that would "set them off" and just stand back and watch them fume and foam at the mouth. (oafs)

Colleentg
02-18-2007, 05:39 PM
Good for you. Keep your chin up.

This is what my psychologist explained, when people have a hard time dealing with something 'different'. (I thought it was because people were insecure of their own sexuality) He said, subconsciously, they're afraid that if it could happen to them, or be a hidden part of them, too. Anyone want to add to this?

Angie G
02-18-2007, 05:56 PM
Maybe his mom won't let him play her so he is mad at them that can :hugs:
Angie

noname
02-18-2007, 08:18 PM
Some good responces and ideas.

Maybe it is too simplistic, but I think that some of these 'hyper-macho' guys may have what they consider to be very feminine feelings, and may have been raised with a very unisexual view of the world. Perhaps they were punished or shamed for expressing 'feminine' feelings, or wearing girls clothing or jewellery? The anger seems disproportionate to the situation. The only explanation for that type of release of pent-up fury, I believe, lies somewhere in the victim's past. Too bad to be them.

I believe you are most likely correct. Because the "macho" talk was all they talked about the whole time. Like you said regarding the persons past, perhaps beat down when he was young for being expressive, and the machoness being a cover. Perhaps some anger and envy of seeing my care free spirit? In any case it is an issue this person will have to deal with at some point in their life.

This is what my psychologist explained, when people have a hard time dealing with something 'different'. (I thought it was because people were insecure of their own sexuality) He said, subconsciously, they're afraid that if it could happen to them, or be a hidden part of them, too. Anyone want to add to this?

I'm glad you added that to this discussion, as it is something I have wondered about. How can someone get so angery and worked up over something that they are not involved in or affected by. Perhaps in addition to the fear of it happening to them, at some level it forces an amount of self examination?

Amy Hepker
02-18-2007, 08:23 PM
It is to bad people are threatened by this. I mean, I would never have said anything myself and if someone else did I would have said SO! It like your not hurting anyone. There are a lot of people out there that are acting tuff by killing people is that being a man???

Kelsy
02-18-2007, 10:23 PM
It is hard to say what drives the extreme macho types but it has always appeared to me that they were lacking something always overcompinsating.
I wouldn't feel offended if they didn't accept me. I am willing to bet that they will treat women and anyone they feel is inferior badly. But when alone I believe they are sad lonely and miserable :sad:

Jennifer:happy: