PDA

View Full Version : Normal things

Niya W
02-18-2007, 02:37 AM
Just wondering how many girls go out and do normal things out dressed. Like eating out, going to the movies gorcery shopping. Buying a car joking on the last part.

amanda barber
02-18-2007, 03:44 AM
Just wondering how many girls go out and do normal things out dressed. Like eating out, going to the movies gorcery shopping.

What else would we do?

noname
02-18-2007, 04:06 AM
I do. I don't try to pass but I wear what I want. If they don't like it, that's their problem not mine. Buying a car, no, sorry hasn't happened. Though when I'm due for a new computer, I think I'll definately dress up. Perhaps a miniskirt and leggings just for fun. It would be one of the few times you could go all out and know the sales person will take you seriously. lol It would definately send a message to any sales persons who might have shy'd away.

gerdani8
02-18-2007, 04:56 AM
Just wondering how many girls go out and do normal things out dressed. Like eating out, going to the movies gorcery shopping. Buying a car joking on the last part.

SURE! Have been doing all of the above, plus a whole lot more, for just over ten years now. Add working, going to court, being admitted to three hospitals, playing golf and softball, taking a car to the the garage for repairs, and at the present time, job hunting! The last one there is NOT a fun thing to do at my age...

As for buying a car, I have bought several over the past several years. Of course, then you have to go to the bank for financing, then to your insurance company, and finally to the BMV.

The funniest thing tho, is the way you get treated by the car salesmen. You have seen on TV when they send a woman in to get a price on a car, then a few minutes later, they send a man to try to buy the same car? I found I got treated WAY differently car shopping as a woman! All one guy wanted to do is show me, "...how pretty the interior is". Another kept calling me "Babe" the whole time I was there! And, you get a real strange look if you ask to look under the hood!

What a hoot!

Life is SO much fun! :heehee:

Gerri

Deidra Cowen
02-18-2007, 08:32 AM
I do the normal things from time to time. I go to starbucks a lot enfemme since I need a big cup of coffee to perk me up on the way to the Clubs on the weekend. I really get a kick out of that.

From time to time...I do go to the grocery as a chick. Just a few weeks ago I went on a weeknight. I really had fun. Let me tell you have to kinda relearn how to do things when you go enfemme. Ya got a purse to keep up with and you just can't haul all the bags out in your hands like when you are a guy!

I have gone out to eat a good number of times...most of the time its with a group of Tgirls so I would guess that does not count as normal. I did one time go out by myself and ate. I enjoyed that. Finally only have done one movie as a chick. Transamerica of course! I'm not counting Roicky Horror...that was more of a party.

myMichelle
02-18-2007, 08:39 AM
SURE! Have been doing all of the above, plus a whole lot more, for just over ten years now. Add working, going to court, being admitted to three hospitals, playing golf and softball, taking a car to the the garage for repairs, and at the present time, job hunting! The last one there is NOT a fun thing to do at my age...

As for buying a car, I have bought several over the past several years. Of course, then you have to go to the bank for financing, then to your insurance company, and finally to the BMV.

The funniest thing tho, is the way you get treated by the car salesmen. You have seen on TV when they send a woman in to get a price on a car, then a few minutes later, they send a man to try to buy the same car? I found I got treated WAY differently car shopping as a woman! All one guy wanted to do is show me, "...how pretty the interior is". Another kept calling me "Babe" the whole time I was there! And, you get a real strange look if you ask to look under the hood!

What a hoot!

Life is SO much fun! :heehee:

Gerri

Are you sure thie car salesman didn't just want to see under your hood? LMAO:tongueout

PaulaJaneThomas
02-18-2007, 08:48 AM
All the normal stuff plus bird watching, wildlife photography and cycling.

LindaTS
02-18-2007, 09:05 AM
I do all of my grocery shopping, clothes, makeup, etc. as a woman so I guess that's normal things. Never tried to buy a car though. But I did have a SA try to get me to apply for a Credit Card at Macy's. Didn't do it, already have too many.

Karren H
02-18-2007, 09:25 AM
Always ..... Except the car thing! hehe When I'm out on a business trip, I'm typically enfemme the whole time that i don't have to report to a mine or office.... SO I dine, shop, do everything enfemme.... And it's fantastic!!

Karren

Phoebe Reece
02-18-2007, 06:12 PM
I haven't tried to buy a car while enfemme, but I have done all those other things. One night a CD friend and I went in several stores looking at big screen televisions and washers & dryers. The SA's were all eager to help us out and make a sale. We didn't actually make a purchase, but it was fun. Last weekend a group of us went to a the Scott Antique Market in Atlanta, which is kind of a huge upscale flea market. We found out from one of the vendors there that we were not the only crossdressers to frequent the place. Atlanta is a great place to be a crossdresser.

Cristi
02-18-2007, 09:37 PM
Not yet...so far I'm only doing 'safer' girl things. Clothes and grocery shopping, mostly. Places where I can feel safe until I get more comfortable with being out.

The next step that I'm sure I'm heading for is just that, doing 'normal' things not just 'CD' things. Going to the hardware store, library or resturant.

Hopefully I'll eventually be able to do 'real' things that have nothing to do with shopping. Art shows, plays/movies, seminars or classes, county fair. I guess the FINAL test would be to get to the point where I can actually socialize and make friends that only know me as Cristi.

You know... buying a car while enfemme WOULD be kind of fun. Especially while wearing a short skirt and showing a bit of leg while getting in and out of it... :)

Ashley1
02-18-2007, 10:07 PM
Only in my dreams!

Niya W
02-18-2007, 10:24 PM
What else would we do?

Well know girls that only go out to clubs, and a few that will never leave thier house dressed

serinalynn
02-18-2007, 11:25 PM
I shop in my feminine clothing and love doing it.

Christina Nicole
02-19-2007, 02:59 PM
I do nearly everything that a real woman would do when I am out. So yes, I've been out to dinner, movies, etc. A few times, when on extended business trips I visited a national park and also did some tourist things like guided tours of old mansions. Once when I was out, I saw a car dealer had a new model on the lot that I wanted to test drive. I did go in and look at the car, but I didn't test drive it, since I didn't want to give him my driver's license.

Warm regards,
Christina Nicole

Wendy me
02-19-2007, 03:03 PM
i go out alone when i do go out so mostly to the market or some shopping ....

Sally24
02-19-2007, 03:24 PM
If you are comfortable with yourself it is great! I have done movies, lunches, coffee & tea, museums, trolley tours, musicals and shows while en femme with my wife/girlfriend. I've done some normal girl things while by myself. Then I've done the bar and club things with my t-girl friends. We're trying to get the group to expand their fun to more than just bars.

If you can, get out and enjoy the world!

Sally

linnea
02-19-2007, 03:56 PM
I have done some things--clothes shopping, make-up, etc.--but I still have not ventured to a movie or a play or a restaurant. However, these are on my list of goals for this year, so I hope to accomplish them soon. I have checked into a motel and stayed there dressed throughout until check-out (I did that en femme too).

Glenda
02-19-2007, 07:23 PM
I have found that I just can't get much done unless I do the "normal" things. When I first started crossdressing I would plan to be hidden in my home for the whole weekend. If I didn't have it at home I didn't need it. As I became more comfortable it began to bother me that my dressing was becoming a problem. I didn't want to answer the phone. I wouldn't go to the store for a loaf of bread. I was unavailable to anyone who wanted to stop by to visit. I was having fun and enjoying my time, but I was hiding. And to top it off, many of my friends knew I was a crossdresser.

I finally decided that if this was an integral part of me, then I did not need to constantly try to hide from the public. Friends call and invite me over or let me know they're in the neighborhood and want to drop by. A girlfriend wants to go shopping or out to eat. A neighbor needs help moving furniture. I need to run to the grocery or drug store. I'm out of coffee and need to run to the store. Whatever it is, if I'm dressed then I'll go as Glenda. It has made life a lot more fulfilling and I don't struggle with the little things I need to get done but put off because I was afraid to go out dressed.

There is nothing wrong with us being normal. Our normal is just a little different from most of our friends. Thank goodness for all of those who accept us as we are.

serinalynn
02-19-2007, 07:42 PM
NOthing wrong with me just because I like wearing womens clothing I don't think there anything wrong with that

susie evans
02-19-2007, 11:21 PM
i do a lot of things en femme it's just part of who i am :hugs:

susie

Bobbie cd
02-20-2007, 12:42 AM
Actually, I needed some packing tape tonight to seal up a package. Didn't see any point in putting my drab clothes back on for that. But, since I hadn't had a chance to shave my legs tonight, and the temp had dropped a bit, I chose to put on a pair of my obviously femme slacks with my heeled suede boots, and off I went!

First stop was a Walgreens that turned out to be closing.
No clerk in site, had two guys who walked in ahead of me come down an aisle and ask me if I worked there!
From the look on their faces, I am sure I was read, but didn't care. Just quietly said, "No, sorry", and left.
Then I hit the 24/7 grocery store. Walked around the aisles finding what I needed with the sound of my heels echoing on the tiled floor. Found what I needed and hit the checkout. I am sure that more than one person knew,
but it didn't seem to matter and everyone was quite polite to me.

So, don't be scared to live your life as you wish.
(Still, sometimes discretion is advised!!):D

Rebecca Petersen
02-20-2007, 01:09 AM
Funny you mentioned the car thing..when I purchased my current car, I did all the test driving and looking en femme, but went back as my male self to do the actual purchase. The salesman didn't make the connection between him and her. My GF went with me.