PDA

View Full Version : Are You Living the Best Days of Your Life

Kristen Kelly
02-18-2007, 07:31 AM
For me it is yes, this is the third great time in my life. First was in the 70’s I was deep into disco I DJ ed entered in dance contests an was out all the time (being 20 and living at home helped).
My second was just after my divorce dating again scared me but met 2 women that put me very much at ease. One was a “wild child” looking back luck to have survived those days. The other made me think always question me she was searching for herself and because of that I was doing the same. She just contacted me lately and had a great conversation, catching up glad to see we could remain as friends, and hope to come out to her as Kristen knowing her she would be open to it.
Now I have accepted myself for who I am, my life is stable with just enough of unpredictability to make it exciting. I have a large group of friends online and in person. I have the confidence that I can go anywhere, and I belong there. The line between Kristen and my drab self has grayed, and seems to always shifting.
I don’t know what the future holds but enjoying the present.

Would love to hear how other girls feel about their Lives and themselves at the moment.

Deidra Cowen
02-18-2007, 07:59 AM
Kristen I am a lot like you...having a freaking great time. I tell people that the two years I have been dressing have been the best years I have had since College. Would be tough to beat those days, but I am coming close.

I have a fun soical life revolving around the club scene here in Atlanta. I have a bunch of friends from that circuit. I find I really enjoy being a girl out on the town! You can be so silly and outgoing as a Tgirl.

This CDing too makes for a great hobby! Its like model railroading...you have to learn & master lots of technical stuff before you can build that primo layout! Ya know what I mean...can spend hours on the net learning makeup, hair, sytle, cloths, etc. Everytime you go out in public its fun to study GGs too for more tips.

Finally I like how edgy and out at the fringe of societal norms this CDing is. I am a boring professional guy most the time. But I get to transform into a wild party Tgirl on the weekends and go to super trendy clubs and events. As a middle aged guy I would be out of place at the Twinkledome party or hanging with the Goths at the Jungle Club. But as a Tgirl I am right there in the middle of the action and welcome!

Its been fun! Great idea for a thread sweetie.

myMichelle
02-18-2007, 09:21 AM
I used to work with an "oldtimer" who once heard me mention something about the good old days and quiclky reminded me that "You're living in the good old days." He wasen't specifically referring to crossdressing when he offered this pearl of wisdom, but I think it holds true for crossdressing, too.

Personally, I'll always regard the 80's as the greatest decade of my life--for many of the same reasons that Kristen enjoyed the hell out of the '70s and Diedra so enjoyed her college years. Nothing will ever top the 80's for me. But, when I look back on my life with respect to my crossdressing, I have to admit that I'm probably living some of my best years right now. I've never been more comfortable or accepting of my femme self. I've never had more money to spend on Michelle than I do right now. This is really a good time for Michelle...so maybe that oldtimer was right, afterall. Maybe I really am living in the good old days right now.

Karren H
02-18-2007, 09:23 AM
Ohhh Yeahhh..

Karren

marie354
02-18-2007, 10:09 AM
I've always tried to think that every day is the best day in my life. It does have it's ups and downs, but that happens with everyone at various times throughout our lives.

If I had to choose... I'd say that now is the greatest because I'm more open and accepting to myself about myself than I've ever been. Not having to hide anything from my SO. My brothers and a couple of friends that accept me as I am.

Yea... This is the best time for me.

lowlavalentine
02-18-2007, 10:19 AM
Are the present days the greatest days? I'll vote unequivocally yes.

No question that 20 years ago I was cuter, had less wrinkles and had more endurance on the dance floor.

But having barely dodged death 6 months ago has given me a different perspective. Today the colors are a bit brighter, friends are more valued, and I view each day as a gift. Some days the gift is wrapped in bright paper with a big bow and some days it's wrapped in yesterday's newspaper. But I'm still here to open every one and what can be better than that.

take care
Lowla

Tina Dixon
02-18-2007, 10:23 AM
Well I made it to Fifty so every day from here on out is a plus:thumbsup:

Stephenie S
02-18-2007, 10:37 AM
Oh, no question for me at all! I am having the best time of my life.

I do agree with the comment made above. We are living in the "good old days" now. If you don't make the best of every day of your life, it is wasted. But, I just love my life now. Of course it would be nice to be younger, prettier, sexier, richer, etc., I could go on and on, but that doesn't get me anywhere, does it?

Livin' life and lovin' it!

Steph

Lanore
02-18-2007, 10:58 AM
The transformation trip has been good to me. However, it had it's speed bumps along the way. Now I'm living the life I always wanted. Two successful companies, own everything I have, don't have to answer to anyone but God and can be who I am all of the time. No hidding, changing or putting things away when someone visits. Just being me and loving every second of every day.

Lanore

Cristi
02-18-2007, 11:33 AM
Yes! So much it is almost scary at times (the pessimist in my keeps waiting for something bad to happed to balance the scales!)

I have enough money to pay my bills, with enough left over to have fun.
I have a job I enjoy and find fullfilling
I have plenty of friends online and off
I am able to CD whenever I want, and am going out enfemme.
I have a spouse that fully accepts my CDing and even tells me how great I look when dressed :happy:
I am in good health

Up until the past few years, I think I only have 2-3 of the above things at any one time. Now I have all 6 at once!

Really... who could ask for ANYTHING more?? I count my blessings every day.

trannie T
02-18-2007, 02:58 PM
These Are the Good Old Days

Let's see, I'm retired and have lots of time to do what I want.
I live in a place I enjoy.
I have friends.
I am able to dress when I want to.
My health is good.
I have a positive outlook on life.
I plan to win the lottery next week.
The only thing I really need is more panties.

Butterfly Bill
02-18-2007, 03:46 PM
This CDing too makes for a great hobby! Its like model railroading...you have to learn & master lots of technical stuff before you can build that primo layout!

And like model railroading, you can wind up buying way more things than you need or will have room for.

Cristi
02-18-2007, 04:32 PM
And like model railroading, you can wind up buying way more things than you need or will have room for.

CDing is like any other hobby. At the beginning, you think "All I need are a few things". That soon becomes "If I REALLY want to do this right, I need...."

Finally you get to the stage where you realize there isn't really a finish line. There will always be one more thing to buy or 'upgrade' to get to that elusive next level.

I have 4 interests including CDing. I've been interested in all 4 for decades now. I haven't gotten anywhere CLOSE to having 'everything I need' in any of them, and I'm starting to realize that I never will...

maggie
02-18-2007, 04:43 PM
Sorry to be a wet blanket, but this is definitely not the best time in my life - living alone and struggling with my gender identity. As someone commented recently, being transgender sucks.

Thankfully I have enjoyed much better times in the past, so at least I have some good memories. I have also endured much worse times, so I can be thankful those are no longer with me. If I can get through my current turmoil and find some resolution, hopefully things will get better. Unfortunately, I don't know how to make that happen right now.

Maggie

P.S. I am writing this while in my male persona. Maybe that has something to do with my feeling depressed.

Angie G
02-18-2007, 06:22 PM
It's good now my wife knows I dress so I can dress when she is home she can't work so thats about all the time now :hugs:
Angie

SherriePall
02-18-2007, 06:32 PM
I have no complaints. Things could be better, but I am enjoying what there is for me. Getting back to the model railroading analogies: there comes a time when you have to stop making all those layout plans and get down to building one.
In CDing I have stopped reading the how-to's and started to apply the make-up.

S. Lisa Smith
02-18-2007, 06:49 PM
I'm pretty happy. My wife and I love each other, she is supportive to a point (we talk about it, but she doesn't want to see), my sons seem to have turned out well, have jobs and are out of the house. I'm a happy camper!

Jodi
02-18-2007, 08:05 PM
Are the present days the greatest days? I'll vote unequivocally yes.

No question that 20 years ago I was cuter, had less wrinkles and had more endurance on the dance floor.

But having barely dodged death 6 months ago has given me a different perspective. Today the colors are a bit brighter, friends are more valued, and I view each day as a gift. Some days the gift is wrapped in bright paper with a big bow and some days it's wrapped in yesterday's newspaper. But I'm still here to open every one and what can be better than that.

take care
Lowla

Lowla, I remember a quote from my army career. It goes--"You've never lived til you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor, the protected will never know".

I think that is apropos in your case.

Jodi

Casey Morgan
02-18-2007, 08:12 PM
Right now is the best my life has been so far, and I see it only getting better. Sure, I may still keep some things hidden from other people. Sure, I still worry that people I care about and value won't accept who I am. But I don't think of myself as some freakish THING anymore who doesn't really exist. I'm seeing that those things that used to be wrong about me are just different. I DO have a place in this world if I want it, and I DO have a place in the Transgender community. Yeah, some people talk crap about people like me, but they are having less and less of an effect on me as time goes on. These days I feel like they can choose to ignore me, they can recast me as whatever fits their view of the world, they can talk all the smack they want about me, but they can't make me feel bad about myself. My sense of self comes from me, not so much from other people. And that's something I never really had before.

Maggie, being transgender can suck. It can also feel like a heavy price to pay for being who you are. I haven't tried to live a bigendered lifestyle, and for me the goal is to live in that place we pass through between male and female, but I've chosen to believe that it's a life worth living. If I don't believe that, then I'm back to believing there's something wrong with me, and I know there isn't. My belief is starting to be reinforced by things I see and things I just feel. But I'm still believing it largely on faith, knowing that some things need to be experienced before they can be believed on their own merits, believed with one's whole being. Sometimes you have to start clapping just because Peter says it will work, and you want Tink to be OK. Hang in there. :hugs:

kerrianna
02-19-2007, 09:12 AM
Hey what a great thread Kristen. I hope not just the girls respond here because it's a good question for everyone.

I don't know if I can say they are the best days of my life, but they sure do feel they may be the most important days.

I've undergone a transformation that extends beyond gender, etc., the last 6 months. It feels so much deeper than anything I've felt in my life. I'm really not sure where this all came from (I thought it was mid-life awakening) and I don't care. All I know is I am extremely grateful and eager to know more and to grow. I wish all of you the same wonderous awakening. :hugs:

gennee
02-19-2007, 10:29 AM
I'm enjoying my life right now. I look at life as coming in stages. I believe as you get older life should be better. Attitude is very important in what kind of life you want for yourself. I started crossdressing only a couple of years ago at age 56. I'm having a wonderful time as Gennee.

Life never stands still. As I move along in my journey, I am discovering things about myself I never would have if I hadn't started dressing.

Gennee

:gorgeous:

Bonnie D
02-19-2007, 11:32 AM
My state of mind is in turmoil. I've been in the closet forever and am struggling to get out. When I do I will have to leave my family. Both my children are in their early 20s and are still at home. So they are past the childrearing stages which is of big importance to me. When I come out I will go and live with my mother for a while, she has Alzheimers and my help will allow her to live in her house for a much longer period. She lives on her own now, doesn't want to leave but there is some pressure from the family for her to move to a Residence. She doesn't live far from where I do now so I would still be available if my family needed me for anything. I want to be everything to everyone but am being torn apart inside. Crossdressing is not my only marital issue which I can't get into here but it is a big issue. Transsexualism can also be added to it but at my age it's a question mark on what to do about it.

Bonnie

Wendy me
02-19-2007, 11:50 AM
well i think i am as happy as i ever have been ... i have a lot of things going on right now... the kids are grown and moved out ... it's me and my wife and the dog and his pet cat.... but completely free not yet mom and dad need a lot of my time now as they are older .... as complected as things can be life is OK for sure these are the good times ... and better times are coming ...

Alice Torn
02-19-2007, 12:15 PM
As far as cding, I have done more, in the last year, than ever, and have a full wardrobe. However, it is against certain
bible teachings, and my church, so, I am in closet. I am in credit card debt, bigger, than ever, have no job, and my seasonal busioness, won't get going for a few months. No girlfriend for dating, though I have several senior women friends. My two older twin brothers still ridicule me, and don't know about Lucill. But, on the good side, I have a computer, have also been spared death several four times, on the highways, in the last year, know how to survive on a very low income, live in my work van, if I must, still hope in God.s mercy, and coming world of peace, in the future. Best of times, and the worst of times, but it could be much worse! It could be, that NO gg's wear skirts, or dresses, and only cd's do!!

Kali
02-19-2007, 12:16 PM
Absolutely!

Of course, I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop...

Jenn S.
02-19-2007, 12:20 PM
No. College sucks. :(

Sally24
02-19-2007, 04:54 PM
I would have to agree with Deidra. As a middle aged man I am cool but would not fit comfortably in alot of the places I go as a T-girl. In fact, I have not found a place I do not fit into as either a passing CDer or a flaming T-girl party animal.

I was surprised to discover this summer that I can still dance the younger T-girls or GGs right off the dance floor! I have felt feelings that I never imagined before this last year. I have a close circle of T-girl friends that I feel very good about. Then I have the large T-girl social group that we are all members of that is just such a fun bunch to be around. So many different stories with a similar central theme!

2 years ago my dream was just to experiment with a look and get a few fem clothes to wear at home. Maybe go for a drive a night or out to a movie and sit in the dark. Now I plan my monthly outing with the gurls all month long, then plan for weekend outings or vacations en femme with my wife. There are so many new doors opening for me that I didn't even know existed!

"The world is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" Auntie Mame

Andrea_girl
02-19-2007, 07:25 PM
I am really happy I have a wonderful supportive SO. I have a job I love. I can dress how and when i please. I can sleep in a nighty every night. I can with my SOs help buy pretty skirts and dresses.

Life could not be much better.

Theres one thing that would make my life complete. To be able to go out in to the big wide world dressed. I'm working on it!!!!

susie evans
02-19-2007, 11:30 PM
i think this is the best time of my life i dress as much as i want and enjoy a wide veriaty of things all the time and now that my heart problems are sorted out i realy have a new lease on life :heehee:

susie

Teresa Amina
02-20-2007, 08:13 AM
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"]life in general sucks, too many people wait till they retire to try to live their lives, by then its to late to do the things we wish we did when we were young and foolish.

Just when you think it can only get worse a new vista opens before you. After a huge setback I'm really getting it together, making plans to persue an old dream or two as well as my Teresa-ness. These really are the best days of my life; how did that happen? :happy:

Trisha
02-21-2007, 01:40 AM
evry day is a great day we only have a short time on earth life is too short not to :thumbsup: :D :thumbsup:

Kristen Kelly
02-21-2007, 07:24 PM
I am so glad to see so many positive posts, it seems to me those that have accepted just who they are and it will not change are taking the ball and running. I read the posts of many here and could never have known Karen was having fun :shocked: …Deidra we are 2 peas in a pod, I was a boring professional guy most the time, until Kristen started to step over the line to my male side. Now at work they never know what’s next, yes I took a little ribbing when I got my ears pierced 4 months after I did it when I started to wear small hoops to work, or when I highlighted my hair. Maggie said being transgender sucked, life in general sucks, too many people wait till they retire to try to live their lives, by then its to late to do the things we wish we did when we were young and foolish.
Today is the tomorrow we worried about yesterday.
Many here worry about “passing” it’s over rated get out enjoy yourself, If the world only saw us when we passed how would begin to accept us.
Keep them coming enjoying reading all the posts here

steffie39
02-21-2007, 09:56 PM
Hi Kristen,

You articulated your thoughts and feelings very well. I'm glad to her you are enjoying continued happiness and excitement. Going out is so great. It's great to be able to go anywhere we choose, not just transgender places. I know Steffie has taught my male self some new lessons about life in general too. Continued happiness to you!:happy:

Steffie

Rachel Morley
02-22-2007, 12:42 AM
Are You Living the Best Days of Your Life ? Would love to hear how other girls feel about their Lives and themselves at the moment.
:OMG: you have no idea! Speaking personally, I'm totally living the dream! Every single hope, dream, and fantasy I have ever had either has already happened or is happening right now (especially the crossdressing ones). I count myself to be very, very lucky indeed. The last 5 years (since meeting my wife Marla GG) have been, and continue to be, more than I could have ever believed possible ..... and to think I was so ready to accept so much less.

Sejd
02-22-2007, 12:44 AM
Dear Kristen
I feel GREAT! Like you I have come through tough times, but the present moment is just fantastic. I love my wife and the life we have created together. She is fullly accepting me as Sejd and one of our 3 children, our daughter also accepts me. What could be better? I look to the future and I see a good life ahead as Sejd. I might be wrong, but the NOW is all we have right?
Hugs
Sejd:hugs: