PDA

View Full Version : Pictures on the web

marie354
02-18-2007, 09:25 AM
I have pictures of me all over the internet.
I'm a member of several CD forums, and they all require at least a profile of who you are, I always include at least 1 picture.
Although, this site being my favorite, I have the most here.

I know that a lot of us have pictures scattered about on the 'net and my question is...

Have you ever wondered that people that you have not come out to may stumble across them and discover your true self?
And does that really matter to you?

My self, by searching for info by using my real name, they'd find nada. So I'm not worried too much about it, but if someone found this site... I'm sure that I would look familar to some of them. If it happens, it happens. I may have some explaining to do, but at least they would be one more person that I wouldn't have to worry about how to tell them.
:hugs:

Karren H
02-18-2007, 09:30 AM
Someone that IMed a while back actually counted my photos on 360 and it was about 1,000.... add in hot or not, Urnotalone, a couple other 360 profiles and here.... plus the videos....I'm surprised that everybody I know doesn't know... But if I cared a lot about it then they wouldn't be out there I guess....

BTW - what baffels me is why someone would count my photos... lol

Karren

marie354
02-18-2007, 09:33 AM
Actually Karren, you were one of the ones I was thinking about when I posted that thread. I'm guessing that you are amoung a very few that have that many pics and vids "out there."
Love ya' sis!

Cherry Lynn
02-18-2007, 09:34 AM
My wife worries about someone seeing a pic of me and recognizing me but I don't. I have a pic of me as wallpaper on pc and my screensaver is a collection of pics of me. My sister, son and niece have seen them and did not recognize me.

Karren H
02-18-2007, 09:43 AM
Well when I posted my first photo I was scared to death... but nothing happened.... so I posted another... still nothing ... then more and more... It's like going out enfeme... the more you do it successfully, the more you do it....

So it's part of what I do now and with over 360,000 views on my web page.... seems like someone I know must have seen it... but it doesn't bother me... I figure they will all find out sooner of later...

Karren

Deidra Cowen
02-18-2007, 09:45 AM
I have had two guys I know from real life contact me on the web. They did not connect who I really was but it threw me for a bit of a loop. One of them was a year or so ago the other very recently.

But my femme appearance is so different than my male appearance I figure no one is going to bust me.

Penny
02-18-2007, 10:02 AM
I have posted pictures here but in comparison to other members, the number is insuginicant. It is not that be discovered bothers me, if that were the case, I wouldn't go out in public and locally run errands. I would much rather I be known for who I am and not what I look like although, sometimes the two are one in the same.

:hugs:

Deycey
02-18-2007, 10:17 AM
I am like Marie & Karren, with photos all over the web, & have often wondered if anyone recognises me, particularly as I am not out even to my lovely wife!!

Luv you all
Deycey

Tina Dixon
02-18-2007, 10:21 AM
If they recognize my garage door I have been found out, but my female pics compared to my guy pic's, they are two total different people, so not to worried.

kaitlin
02-18-2007, 11:16 AM
Have ya thought that if someone did find your picture and said something to you, just ask why they were on a CD / TS site. I bet that would be the end of the questions. Kaitlin

Cassy11
02-18-2007, 12:01 PM
This is the only forum I am on and my avatar photo is here because Karren has been a insperation to me. For myself I don't worry, but some in my family might be bothered by it.

Rachel Morley
02-18-2007, 12:31 PM
This is an interesting thread because I sometimes think about this. I post my en femme picture here not only as an avatar, but also in threads in the public forum and the picture gallery too. I also have pictures on Yahoo 360, Flickr and Image Shack. If anyone who knew me in real life saw them I doubt very much they would recognize me unless they really looked hard at my face. I'm not particularly worried about it. If it ever happens I'll worry about it at the time.

Sometimes pictures of me and Marla have appeared on other people's sites and they originated from this site without getting our permission. I'm not really sure where I stand on that because it was me who posted them in a public forum. Luckily the times it's happened we've got the person to remove them.

I guess this "risk" (if it is a risk) goes with the territory.

janet p
02-18-2007, 02:10 PM
Number 1 if they are on this site more than likely they are into or looking for the same thing.I'm not worried about someone find because I'm slowlllyyy coming out thanks to this site and a few friends and family.:love:

PaulaJaneThomas
02-18-2007, 02:15 PM
Have you ever wondered that people that you have not come out to may stumble across them and discover your true self?
And does that really matter to you?

Everyone who matters to me knows about me. I've even been in a Sunday newspaper as an openly transgender person.