PDA

View Full Version : How we change

Sheila
02-18-2007, 09:42 AM
When we first joined the forums, the very last thing either of us thought about doing was plastering our face on as an Avvie........ now my reason was for that if anybody saw my mug they would know who my cdr is (if they knew me) ergo no way was I doing that, 6 months later and there is my face on my Avvie ( and yes I did discuss it with him before doing it)

The steps we take are sometimes larger than we think :D

Iniquity Blonde GG
02-18-2007, 09:46 AM
Jess i remeber conversation we had about you having ur pic as avive :happy: really impressed you have it on. its never something ive worried about to be honest. im not ashamed of anything. & proud to be part of this forum :D

Shelly Preston
02-18-2007, 09:47 AM
Hi Jess(SO)

I agree we do take bigger steps that we expect sometimes

and its always nicer to put a face to a name :)

Star
02-18-2007, 09:48 AM
Yes it is a journey isn't it. ETVC in San Francisco used the analogy of being on a train with a series of stops. Some find a station to linger at, some take small steps and others are on the express I suppose.
For you it must mean you are comfortable with it now and that has to be good.
Hugs Star

marie354
02-18-2007, 09:50 AM
I discussed this with my SO before I ever showed my face here. Anybody that knows me, would figure it out pretty quick. I don't look all that different, just a bit more feminine.

Tina B.
02-18-2007, 09:53 AM
Very big step, Jesse! I wanted to use a picture of me, but since I am not that brave, I reached back into the back of the closet, and found some pictures of who I was 20 years ago, instead of who I am today, maybe before long I will get up the nerve to do it before to long!

Sheila
02-18-2007, 09:54 AM
Jess i remeber conversation we had about you having ur pic as avive :happy: really impressed you have it on. its never something ive worried about to be honest. im not ashamed of anything. & proud to be part of this forum :D

Angie I am proud to be a part of this forum as well but in the beginning it was more for the protection of M than anything else.......... it took him longer to get used to the idea that I knew ..... or even that anybody knew........ than it did for me to accept his cding ........... at the end of the day he had/has more to lose through people finding out than I do, now I think he is less concerned because even though as you know we have had our problems with this, he knows i ain't going anywhere other than further along this road with him. Maybe one day he will feel confident enough about him/her being one that he will happily post a pic of him in either mode

Shelley yes it is nice to put names and faces together.

Jes

lowlavalentine
02-18-2007, 10:23 AM
We can all aim to be as comfortable with ourselves as you and your SO are. Role models indeed.

Elsia
02-18-2007, 10:40 AM
Two months ago, I would never think of posting my picture with my profile.

Now I am not ashamed at all, I am proud for all to see. This is me

Elsia

marie354
02-18-2007, 10:44 AM
I love it if we all had the courage to come out with a picture, at least here on this site. I'm sure that some would find that too revealing, but just maybe, in time we can all associate a picture with our names.

finacarina
02-18-2007, 10:45 AM
Change is a good thing!

KimB
02-18-2007, 11:00 AM
I used to be like that and never wanted to have my Pic on a site like this, but then some of the girls in my support group told me something that kinda made since to me. and that is, if one of your Friends was to see your pic on a site like this,that would mean they probably would have the same interest as you or a crossdresser them self but in the closet. so why eles would they be looking up CD info?
Kim

Iniquity Blonde GG
02-18-2007, 11:00 AM
Actualy i was very unsure when i joined forum, but i have gained alot more confidence in myself as well. PLUS leant alot about c/d. & for those that c/d everyday is a changing day i guess ?? :rolleyes: if we stay "stale" for to long , then we are reluctant to change, & get set in our ways !!
"change is as good as a rest" !! :happy:

Karren H
02-18-2007, 11:20 AM
I actually hired a female stunt double for all my photos...

:D

Karren

Cristi
02-18-2007, 11:58 AM
I'm getting more comfortable posting photos, but haven't put my face on my avatar for all to see yet (though I did post some head shots in a recent thread).

I don't really have anything to WORRY about if I got 'found out'. I don't think my job would be in jeopardy, and I think most of my friends are openminded enough that it wouldn't be much of an issue.

I guess the only thing holding me back is that it is still nice to have that 'separation' between this world, and my 'guy' life. I just don't want to be having those conversations with some of the people I work with... "Do you really wear panties?", "Why do you wear a dress?", "Are you gay?"

Relationships at work are difficult enough sometimes without adding "He's the one that wears a dress" to my list of distinguishing features :)

Plus, of all the people I know, some of the people I work with are pretty shallow and uneducated, so I really don't think they would ever understand (or even try to). If the televisions shows make fun of guys in dresses, so will they!

So in short, it is just easier to leave things separated... for now.

Di
02-18-2007, 12:33 PM
Jess,yes big steps...to be sure...and girl.....I love your avator.....:love:

Sweet Jane
02-18-2007, 01:00 PM
Hi

I found posting a photo strangely liberating...terrifying but liberating

Rachel Morley
02-18-2007, 01:03 PM
Hi Jess,

I think you look cute and you have a really nice grin in your pic. How about a profile pic next?! .... although only members can see those. Anyway, I'm glad you did it, it's always nice to be able to put a face to a name :D

Daintre
02-18-2007, 01:08 PM
It took a while before I was comfortable showing you all my picture. After I did, I felt so much more apart of the family here. So...why isn't my picture my avatar? ummmm because Marvin is just so dang cute :D

uknowhoo
02-18-2007, 01:10 PM
Congrats on the taking the avatar plunge, Jess.

It's hard to notice the incremental, day-to-day changes sometimes. When we take a step back though, and look at where we are today versus, say, 6 months ago, we can really appreciate just how much progress has been made.

Thanx for posting.

xoxo

T

p.s. I think you're quite safe posting that pic... you are wearing your seatbelt after al. :D

Joy Carter
02-18-2007, 01:10 PM
.<<<<<<<<<< Ta-DAAAAAAAA!<<<<<<<<<<:D

Iniquity Blonde GG
02-18-2007, 01:35 PM
We will all be on "crimewatch" before long lol :devil: :D

marie354
02-18-2007, 01:38 PM
We will all be on "crimewatch" before long lol :devil: :D

Yea... A good place to get those extra "mug shots" they always need for the national inquirer.

Sheila
02-18-2007, 01:53 PM
It took a while before I was comfortable showing you all my picture. After I did, I felt so much more apart of the family here. So...why isn't my picture my avatar? ummmm because Marvin is just so dang cute :D

yup smile when I see Marvin but heyyyyyy the Avvie pic was/ is Brill Marvin just don't have your eyes or grin hun

Hi Jes,

I think you look cute and you have a really nice grin in your pic. How about a profile pic next?! .... although only members can see those. Anyway, I'm glad you did it, it's always nice to be able to put a face to a name :D

it is rare for me to get caught on Camera and and out of 100 photo's there will probably only be one I am reasonably comfy with

Jess

kerrianna
02-18-2007, 02:31 PM
Yes, it is a journey, which means going forward. Today was the first day I actually seriously considered it might be ok to tell my mom some day. When I'm ready. Before, never!

I won't post an avatar pic that is recognizable because there are sections of the forum that will come up on a google search, viewable to the general public, including the avatar. It's kind of silly though, because anyone who knows me and reads some of my posts will fgure it out pretty quick. So maybe some day. Besides I like my avatar - she's cute and she has a better wardrobe available than me. And she's younger :happy: .

I'm thinking of doing my eyes as an avatar like dancin' does, if I can get them pretty enough. The eyes are the windows to the soul after all.

My pic is on my profile page because only members get to see it. I'd rather have a fully dressed pic, but I'm not doing that yet, so it's just me embellished. Which is the real me after all.

:hugs: :love:

Colleentg
02-18-2007, 05:58 PM
If I had pics of myself in former masculine form, I think I'd shock most of you. Those days I was not afraid to go shirtless and show off my abs and sort of muscular frame. Now I have to wear at least an oversize t-shirt (for obvious reasons) in public.
I think I share the same opinions saying I don't think I look good in most photos that have been taken of me. Even when I had full control of myself (hair, makeup, clothing, poses) using a long string on a Polaroid camera LOL. IT seemed worse when others were taking the pictures, even though no matter what they said in encouragement, how they did my makeup/hair, etc.

Angie G
02-18-2007, 06:06 PM
Well Jess good for you you go girl :hugs:
Angie

danielle40I
02-18-2007, 07:09 PM
Just posted my pic for my avvvie today..and yes it is very liberating and does make me feel as though I'm part of something very special here.
It takes moxie, guts chutzpah, whatever you call it, to be what and who you are. My picture on this board serves to validate not only who I am, but the other wonderful people that are a part of this board.

Group Cheer!

Dani

Sheila
02-22-2007, 07:45 PM
due to a question posed in another forum a couple of days ago I discovered that one of the things that had been bothering me as an SO for months had somehow died a natural death WOOOW WOOOW...... the steps we take without realizing :D