PDA

View Full Version : Have you noticed?

marie354
02-18-2007, 01:18 PM
Since my SO and I are very close, and since she has been letting me dress whenever I want, I've noticed some changes in her lately that I think are nice.

When she is cruising the web and finds something she likes, she'll say...
"Hey Sam! Do you like this dress?" (She never calls me by my fem name.)
or
"What do you think of this shade of lipstick on me? Look good, you think?

It certainly has changed things with us. I'm not only her lifetime partner, but another girl she can discuss these things with.

How about you gals? How has being in the open to your sweetie affected your everyday life?
(If you havn't come out to her yet, maybe you should IMO.)

I'm just loving it. I point out things I find to her as well.

Makina
02-18-2007, 02:14 PM
My crossdressing was first accepted by my wife this way. We could discuss even about things men aren't usually interested in. I had to get used to it. It's like accepting to express outside a feminity I kept inside before. Now it's a part of our life.

sara_also
02-18-2007, 02:15 PM
My wife and I have learned about cd,ing together. And yes it is wonderful to be able to discuss girly things together. She says I have better taste in clothes, so when we shop she wants my opinion on everything. She is better with makeup than I am, so I always want her opinion on that.
Our relationship has been built on trust and honesty from day one..
I highly recommend it to anyone. Yes we have different opinions but thats what makes everything work..

Rachel Morley
02-18-2007, 02:24 PM
How about you gals? How has being in the open to your sweetie affected your everyday life?
Oh my gosh, (Angel grins from ear to ear) you have no idea! Having the sort of marriage I have to Marla (you probabaly know she loves my crossdressing and actively encourages it) means that she's told me, in her own words, quote: "living with me is like living with another woman" unquote.

For me, it means that I get treated like a woman pretty much all the time. I'm not always fully en femme, but I do love it when my wife talks to me and asks my opinion about things the same way she would another woman, rather than the way she might ask a man the same question. There is a difference and I do notice it. :happy:

Colleentg
02-18-2007, 06:06 PM
Yes, that's true, in every circumstance I've been in, not just marriage. I've had some close GG friends who talked to me like I was also a close GG friend, talking about girl things, downplaying men and their idiosyncrasies, etc. For a while, I would meet a bunch of lesbians in a gay club on Tuesday afternoons for chit-chat and a few drinks. THey made me feel like one of them. The only reason I had to stop meeting them was that I moved away! It started when one afternoon, I was sitting at the bar alone, the place was basically empty. Six women came in and took a nearby table, one of them came to the bar to order drinks, looked over to me and asked me if I wanted to accompany them instead of drinking alone. They all could see who/what I was, it didn't bother any of them. That was a great memory, I miss it a lot.

SandyR
02-18-2007, 06:58 PM
I have been out to my wife since Early October, at first I pushed to hard, but quickly learned to back off. Give her some space. I can say this year has been a real growing experience for both of us. Still learning but having fun. Yesterday we looked at some model homes to get ideas for our kitchen, one had shelves about 7 1/2 feet high she comments "how could we ever use those". I whisperd in her ear remember in 4" heels I am 6'6"!" we both smiled.

Life is good!

Hugggss....

SandyR

Karren H
02-18-2007, 07:15 PM
Nahhhh... More like hey you.... How about finishing tiling the bathroom... hehe

Karren

Suzie S.
02-19-2007, 05:29 AM
My wife always asks me for my opinion on clothing and makeup. It's nice to share a bit of girl talk sometimes! :D

Amy Hepker
02-19-2007, 05:32 AM
I'm working toward that, but she still is leary of Amy, although sometimes she would rather talk to Amy than me when I get pissed. Amy has more control.

Alice460
02-19-2007, 05:59 AM
My SO does know that I like to dress. She does accept to a point. The problem comes when I want to dress completely. I do not try to pass, but if I put on a skirt and blouse she changes her acceptance. Also, she does not like me to wear femme things under my clothes when I go out.

Alice

marie354
02-19-2007, 10:58 AM
I'm glad that some of us have a good friend for an SO. I think it's wild when she asks for my advice... It really makes me feel special.

Tina B.
02-21-2007, 05:53 PM
I'm glad that some of us have a good friend for an SO. I think it's wild when she asks for my advice... It really makes me feel special.

I love that part too! My wife loves us to go clothes shopping together, she has someone to ask an opinon of, and help find things in her size. Some times we shop just for her, some times just for me, but the most fun is when we shop for the both of us. Together we can tear through some sales racks, her on one, me on another, looking for the big sales, and finding each others sizes, we cover a lot of ground fast. And when I think I have spent enough, she comes up with another outfit or two.
And she watches the stuff on TV that I like, things that have to do with womens clothes, or fashions on the red carpet at the award shows. We also share a love of cooking shows. And she loves that Tina loves to cook,
Tina B.

AllyM
02-21-2007, 06:26 PM
I think it has brought us closer together. I also feel really good because I feel that I can talk to her about anything.

Alyshia121
02-21-2007, 06:40 PM
That's pretty much where I'm at right now. I can't get enough of it. We've had problems in the past due to my insecurities with CD and all that. So I'm very happy that you and your SO are at that point. It's a beautiful thing, isn't it?

RobertaFermina
02-21-2007, 06:46 PM
I am officially now without an SO, though I experience plenty of gal-pal time with some of the women who know about my CDing. It is new territory for me, and quite nice!

:rose: Roberta :rose:

lexygirl
02-21-2007, 07:35 PM
The wify likes to ask me questions about what I think about this or that.The best part is when she comes home with something for me:love:

Jena11
02-21-2007, 08:34 PM
Well, when I was married, I got a little of that but then she did not really accept me so she would not say much after. However, my close friends treat me like one of the girls. It is great most of the time. Sometimes when others are around that do not know me that well, Things are different.

Angie G
02-21-2007, 09:04 PM
my wife and I do the same somewhat :hugs:
Angie

linnea
02-21-2007, 09:59 PM
I have not had that experience with my SO, but I have noticed a different tone and approach to conversation with GGs I have encountered when I have been out en femme, especially the ones that I met when I was having my make-up and hair done at a beauty salon. It was a local neighborhood salon (not my usual neighborhood but a friendly place), and I was chatting and sharing comments about the magazines we were reading, about hair and make-up, even about men. I felt like one of the girls--it was great and I loved it. I would really like to be able to have that with my SO--maybe someday.

Cynthia_0101
02-21-2007, 10:49 PM
My wife never was much to wear much make up and was always asking be what looked good on her. It got better when she became a Mary Kay lady but I always felt good when she asked me what looked good.

She still likes my opinion when buying clothes though.

Cynthia