PDA

View Full Version : Amy to Tri-Ess meeting

Amy Hepker
02-18-2007, 08:16 PM
Hi Everyone,

Last night I made it to my second Tri-Ess meeting. There were only about 7 of us there. I had a great time and got to show off some of my outfits. The club had it's first Snow Princess Pageant. No, I did not win, although I did try for it. I had on my Blue dress that you can see in my pics. At first we had to go down one by one and walk down a makeshift red carpet and then we had to awnser 3 quetions. I really bombed on the questions and that pretty much ended my chances. They picked 3 semi finalists, and asked each one 2 questions as they had to sit in a chair Very Lady like. The judges narrowed it down to 2, but could not decide from there os they left it up to the 3 of us that were outed at first. We each asked a question and made a final decision. Lauren was the winner. She was very witty and very beautiful, she wore a very tight fitting Jade Green long dress that showed off her very shapely body. She was wearing a beautiful long Blode wig. I did change into my Cinderella Dress and then into my Red Long Dress. I felt so good to find out that just those 3 dresses were more than what some of the others had. I think I would have won if it was by how many Items we have in our closets. I have over 70 Dresses, 100 tops and I can only estimate my skirts at around 25. I have 2 pair of shoes and 1 pair of boots, and 1 wig, I donated my Blonde wig to Kerrianna and her wife. My Prayers still go out to them. Even though Kerrianna goes through so much she still has time to lend me her shoulder to cry on even if it's done at over a thousand miles away. Well Anyway The meeting broke up a little after 10PM and some headed out to a bar where transgender people are welcome. I headed home. It was a great time and I would say that if you get the chance to go to a meeting, GO, even if your like my and there is noway you can pass, there are a lot of others out there in the same boat. I always change at the meeting, which is openly suggested if you can't do it before hand.

Meetings are fun, Find one and Try one!

Tina Dixon
02-18-2007, 09:09 PM
Good for you Amy, I here it's a great group to get to gether with.

kymmieLorain
02-18-2007, 09:29 PM
I have thought about Tri-ess but they seem like they push you farther than you are wanting to go. I am slowly comming out and not ready to go out dressed yet,maybe never. yet they require that you come dressed to the 3 rd meeting.

Kymmie

Amy Hepker
02-18-2007, 10:43 PM
Kymmie,
I have never heard that. I think that most groups do there own thing, maybe it's your local group that strives for that. Our group really only says that if you come dressed, that you don't have a beard or mustach. Other than that pretty much anything goes. Nobody pushes you to dress. We have one member that comes dressed as a male all the time. Not a problem, he is a CDer too. I would say that you need to talk to your local group directly and let them know how you feel. Maybe they won't push. Just be yourself and go at your own speed.

KimB
02-19-2007, 01:32 PM
Nobody pushes you to dress. I would say that you need to talk to your local group directly and let them know how you feel. Maybe they won't push. Just be yourself and go at your own speed.

I am a member of a local Tri-ess group here in South Carolina and we dont push you to come dressed, there are a few of that have came to the meetings not dressed. I myself have to about 3 of them not dressed, so do check with you local chapter.
Kim

JoAnnDallas
02-19-2007, 02:38 PM
The same goes for the North Texas Chapter of Tri-Ess. You can attend the meeting dressed or in drab. Your choice. My chapter doesn't even push that you have to have an accepting SO. You also have the option of getting dressed at the meeting or coming dressed.

dann
02-19-2007, 06:06 PM
Are there any members of the chicago area tri-ess group here? I'd really like to attend if I can feel comfortable doing so without my wife leaving me.If I can get some background on what to expect at my local tri-ess i may be able to rest her mind a little.

Amy Hepker
02-20-2007, 07:48 PM
Dann,

You should be able to find someone from Chicago that goes to the Tri-Ess group there. I know there is one because our local leader is from one in Chicago.

JoAnnDallas
02-21-2007, 09:59 AM
If most Tri-Ess meetings are like the one here in Dallas, it is similar to any other club type meeting. Usually you start with each member introducing themselves, then minutes of the last meeting are read, the the finance statement for the last month, guests are introduced, then in ours a break to allow members to hit the buffet bar and get something to eat and allow members to use the ladies room. Then we gather for a presentation of some kind (guest, speaker, show & tell, etc). The meeting usually ends at that point and we socialize for a while afterwards. In my chapter, some of us will the go to the local IHOP and have coffee and socialize some more then we all go to our homes.

Amy Hepker
02-26-2007, 09:16 PM
Our meetings start with conversation with others and somewhere in the middle we go through the club stuff and then back to meeting with others. Some do go out afterwards.

Wenda
02-26-2007, 09:48 PM
I have thought about Tri-ess but they seem like they push you farther than you are wanting to go. I am slowly comming out and not ready to go out dressed yet,maybe never. yet they require that you come dressed to the 3 rd meeting.

Kymmie
I have friends in Wyoming. Awesome people, but, would I dress in front of them? Not very likely. Take all the time you need.

Cathy
02-28-2007, 08:11 PM
I use to attend the Chicago meeting several years ago 15 maybe 20. I had a good time but my job changed and I had to stop. I was going to rejoin the group but when they said I had to be interviewed by the group including their wives I passed. I am sorry but I just don't feel comfortable when a bunch of our wives are there I feel held back restricted and said it was not worth it to me. my wife knows I dress and for years she went out with me not any more in fact I don't get out much moved to a small farm town and don't want to start anything so my dressing is at home or when on vacation.

Angie G
02-28-2007, 09:02 PM
Well Amy you had fun and thats what it about :hugs:
Angie