PDA

View Full Version : Fantastic insult!

KateW
02-18-2007, 08:27 PM
In recent months I have been growing my hair again, and I am pleased to report that it is now shoulder length. I am also continuing to pluck my eyebrows rather thinly, and wear earrings as per usual. Anyway, last week at work I was speaking to a none-too-friendly colleague who decided to pass comment on it. He said that with my long hair and earrings, he bet that people must mistake me for a girl all the time. With that, he walked away laughing, content in the thought that he had insulted me. The opposite was in fact true though, and he had inadvertantly given me quite a compliment, and put a huge smile on my face as he walked away. :D

Anyway, just had to share that with someone!

Kate xxx

trannie T
02-18-2007, 08:31 PM
He didn't compliment your makeup? What a jerk!

Valerie Nicole
02-18-2007, 08:33 PM
You know he's only picking on you because he likes you. :tongueout

Edit: Just kidding. Sarcasm at that guy's expense.

marie354
02-18-2007, 09:36 PM
Thought he was putting you down eh? What a great attitude you have. I would have smiled too if it were me.

Cristi
02-18-2007, 09:53 PM
<rant>

That is really one of the things that is wrong with our society: That in this day and age all it takes to insult somebody (in some people's minds) is to compare them to a woman or point out that they have some feminine atributes.

So, if female attributes are so 'bad' that just pointing out that you have some is an insult, is he also insulting about 1/2 the world's population, about 3,000,000,000 people??

What a jerk...
</rant>

Joy Carter
02-19-2007, 01:28 AM
What is wrong with people and their mouths ? "If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all." On the same note, you can't expect all people to behave like you would like them too. You did good. Just don't expect him to stop. Just give him a big grin when ever you see him. He will wonder if your planing something.

Jenn S.
02-19-2007, 02:35 AM
Good for you, Kate. All you can do is laugh at these idiots. :Angry3:

KateW
02-19-2007, 02:51 AM
Exactly! Thanks for all your comments girls. I see any such remarks to be complimentary so there really is nothing he could say that could ever upset me. Amusingly, as I am still a man (and about a foot taller then him) I could, if I wanted to, break him. Now wouldn't that be embarrassing... :-)

noname
02-19-2007, 02:53 AM
You've got a great additude. Your definately the better person here!

RachelDenise
02-19-2007, 05:56 AM
You handled it well. If he really knew I guess he would really have been uncomfortable. I think he is a little worried about himself and his sexuaiity!

Joy Carter
02-19-2007, 06:54 AM
Exactly! . Amusingly, as I am still a man (and about a foot taller then him) I could, if I wanted to, break him. Now wouldn't that be embarrassing... :-)

I taught in a school for kids who were one foot from being in prison. One day I was assaulted and I took the little "child" to the office, and the kid was allowed back into my class the next day. I spoke to my union rep. and he told me to take the kid into a closet and teach him to keep his hands to himself. Yeah that will work all right. I'd have been fired just on the kids word alone. Violence never works for those who are right.

Alyshia121
02-19-2007, 07:00 AM
"Uhh, so, can I mistake you for a girl sometime?" :be:

Samantha B L
02-19-2007, 08:16 AM
It sounds like you had the last laugh Kate,If the guy won't cut it out then the next holiday that it's convenient you could send him one of those online cards with a picture of yourself enfemme.you could personalize it with Love and Kisses from Kate.Maybe give it to him in front of his wife or girlfreind if he's got one.

marie354
02-19-2007, 11:35 AM
Kate... If you give him that big, "you ain't go a clue" smile whenever he says something like that, he'll eventually be baffled for sure... And he'll never figure it out.

kaitlin
02-19-2007, 11:52 AM
Hi Kate, At first I thought, the jerk needs to be punched, but then I read on to find he's about a foot shorter than you. He seems to have "little man" syndrome. Thats when his size makes him feel less of a man so he tries to act and talk big and bad. When you get right down to the facts, you are and will always be more of a true and complete man than he will ever dream of. Keep up the good work and share some pictures with us of your long hair. Take care Kaitlin

Kitty Sue
02-19-2007, 11:56 AM
Hi, love it.

Sharon B.
02-19-2007, 12:06 PM
Kate,
I think I would had to say thank you for the compliment.

tommi
02-19-2007, 12:23 PM
Its hard not to make a smart comment back but a thankyou your opinion
means so much to me, you little sac of ***** .:devil:
Some people are so stupid with what they say and have no idea that their
insult may be a compliment.:hugs:
It is nice to get the last laugh.

Kimberley
02-19-2007, 12:59 PM
Didnt ask him to get you a Pe*si? How about a visit to the van to listen to some Hendrix? Maybe tell him you want a lava lamp for the Christmas gift exchange?

I thought you handled it perfectly.

TV Wannabe
02-19-2007, 01:01 PM
I used to have long hair, and my co workers, family and some friends really pressured me to cut it, eventually I caved in. But everyone that pressured me used the same idea that people would mistake me for a woman, if they only knew, lol.

KateW
02-19-2007, 02:25 PM
Keep up the good work and share some pictures with us of your long hair. Take care Kaitlin

I'd love to but the thought still scares me a little! I really will one day though, as you girls mean a lot to me.

Daphne Renee
02-19-2007, 03:04 PM
What is wrong with people and their mouths ? "If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all." On the same note, you can't expect all people to behave like you would like them too. You did good. Just don't expect him to stop. Just give him a big grin when ever you see him. He will wonder if your planing something.

I agree with you here.. its really no ones else's business if you wear your hair long or not.. I have seen a lot stranger things in my time than a guy with long hair..

Kali
02-19-2007, 03:25 PM
I often get told by people that when seen from behind, sitting down, I could be mistaken for a woman. My hair is longer than my shoulder bladse and if worn loose, flows very nicely.

Of course, if I'm standing up, no one has ever made that comment.

Angela E.
02-19-2007, 05:58 PM
Screw that little jerk.Just why do men get so upset about any feminine attributes whatsoever? He`s probably the biggest closet queen at your work place,in denial and overcompensating.:hugs: Angela.:bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :GE: :daydreaming: :daydreaming: :daydreaming: