PDA

View Full Version : my travels

Princess29
02-19-2007, 12:29 AM
I moved on to Vegas after visiting LA (I've now left Vegas) and while there I visited Glamour Boutique. While there I found some really amazing items and ended up spending a couple of hundred dollars which blew out my travel budget but I don't regret it one bit. I wanted to take my dressing to a new level and I picked up some makeup, 2 pairs of heels, a wig, some earrings and even a french maids dress. I think I kind of drove the women nuts who work there with my constant talking but it was one of the only real chances in my entire life that I could actually talk to anybody about this subject matter so I had about 20 years of built up frustration and thoughts to vent.
Overall it was an amazing experience and I hope I can get back there one day. I am about to return to australia soon and probably can't afford to travel any more so I made sure to make the most of my time there.
For anyone who hasn't visited the store, I can't recommend it enough.

trannie T
02-19-2007, 02:40 AM
I will be in Las Vegas next month and will have to check them out.

Holly
02-19-2007, 10:37 PM
Princess, you are too modest! It was fun meeting you in Vegas. If you are ever out California way, let me know.

Princess29
02-27-2007, 02:20 PM
Its amazing what can happen in a week. I had the pleasure of meeting up with holly and her lovely wife at their place. I decided to come back to vegas and on the bus ride back here, I was talking to this cute GG in the seat in front of me and after talking about my travels, I decided to tell her about the other side of me and she seemed pretty cool with it. I still can't believe that I was sitting in a crowded bus talking openly with a complete stranger about how I like to dress in private. She could have gone home and wet her pants laughing but I truly didn't care. Right now as I sit here at the internet cafe, I am dressed in drab except for a pair of ballet flats. I plan to go to glamour boutique and get a makeover in the next couple of days too.

Princess29
03-03-2007, 04:34 PM
I have since gone and had two makeovers to see what I look like as a woman. Unfortunately as I cann't get my face hair free and smooth no matter what I try, the makeup was pretty thick which worked against me "passing". The first time I went for a kind of corporate look so I wore a pants suit with four inch heels and it was quite an experience try to keep my balance while travelling on the deuce bus here in vegas but I made it. While walking along freemont street, someone walked over to me and kind of tapped me on the inside of my elbow and kept walking. I don't know if that was kind of a secret greeting from a fellow cd'r. I did have a couple of 20 year old women kind of give me a "oh my god, that's a guy" look as they walked past but they kept walking and left me alone.
I went back again last night and got another makeover but this time went for a casual look. I have been trying to get my head around how I feel after getting fully dressed as a woman for the first two times and being out in public (I just used my regular voice which kind of ruined the effect). Generally people just left me alone, there were a few smirks and giggles from people but I didn't care. I would definately like to do this again but will be returning to australia in a week so my chances will be more limited and I am completely anonymous here, no-one knows me. I'm kind of living out the slogan for this city ie "what happens in vegas stays in vegas", although I'm so tired of having to hide this from people and am trying to build up the courage to tell people who know me. For anyone coming to vegas, I wouldn't feel afraid to get dressed up and hit the strip, you might get a few stares or giggles but keep your head up, look people in the eye and you'll be fine

Lovely Rita
03-03-2007, 04:39 PM
Wonderful to hear about your trip. Have a great trip back and thank you for sharing.

Holly
03-03-2007, 05:12 PM
I'm so happy that you had the chance to get a makeover and that overall it was a good experience for you. Please be safe while you travel. It was so nice meeting you and spending some time together.

Princess29
03-04-2007, 04:43 PM
thanks holly, it was great meeting you and your lovely wife. When I left glamour boutique for the second time after being made over as Melissa (my new femme name) I was walking along and walked past a couple that were out the front of their store. After I past them I could hear the wife saying "don't stare, its very rude" to her husband which I thought was pretty funny. When I got back to the bus stop there was another couple there and they were asking all about me, why I was dressed up etc and I gave honest answers and they pretty much adopted the sentiment of "if that's your thing, go for it" and "live and let live". this won't be the last time that melissa is out and about, I've had a taste of it now and I realised that I really like it. I just have to work out a way to get my face smoother so I don't need so much makeup

Michelle (Oz)
03-04-2007, 05:03 PM
Melissa ... don't regret the home coming. I've been out in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane with the same attitude from the public as you found in Vegas. You have the taste now.
Michelle (Oz)

Princess29
03-06-2007, 12:41 AM
Thanks Michelle. I have sent an email to a friend in germany with some of my pictures from my makeover and we'll see what she says. I have sort of created a "reveal monster" in myself in that I have been telling complete strangers what I have been up to and showing them some photos. I have moved on to San Francisco now and really had a pleasant afternoon today after a long, uncomfortable bus ride. During the journey I met 2 stunning ladies and as it was their first time to San Francisco and my third, I offered to show them around. After a bit of sightseeing, the girls wanted to go to Victoria's secret. I had just told them about my alter ego and they didn't really care. Their was an initial curiosity but then they moved on, but it was really rough helping two gorgeous women select underwear at a victoria's secret store but someone has to do it I guess. While I was waiting, one of the sales assistants offered me a catalogue to peruse saying "maybe I could pick something out for the ladies" and then she added a bit later"maybe you could pick something out for yourself.......just kidding" to which I replied "well actually" and then I started talking to the woman there about crossdressers and she basically said that (I don't know if it was her personal view or official store policy) but she said if guys want to come in and buy some lingerie for themselves, then it doesn't bother her in the least. Our money is just the same as the next person, they just want to sell the stuff, they don't care who buys it. I was trying to point out that if stores that sold womens clothes could work out a way to either discreetly or openly (whichever works) find ways to get crossdressers into the store, that's a potential market of millions of people across america and lots more around the world and knowing we can shop openly, it only helps the stores and helps us as well, its win/win.
After finishing up at the store, I told the women about the local (C)Ross dress for less store and while there it felt good to be able to openly talk to these women about clothes, makeup, handbags pretty much anything.
I'm definately hooked now, I might be getting too carried away though if I'm not careful.

Princess29
03-11-2007, 01:12 AM
Well after six long months away, I fly home tomorrow night. The last few weeks in particular, I have taken my dressing to a new level as I had planned and now will have to see where I want to take it when I return home. I am completely anonymous while travelling so have been going into lingerie shops, clothing stores, jewellery shops without having to worry about running in to someone who knows me.
I plan to tell my best friend on tuesday when I arrive home for two reasons. 1- I am sick of having to hide it and 2-I still live with my parents and don't want the hassle of trying to smuggle all my new purchases in to the house. I trust my friend with my life and hopefully he will let me store my new purchases at his place. Although overall I am still trying to decide between being out and open about it but also its really no one else's business how I lead my life too. I guess I am trying to make peace with myself over it. We'll see how it goes