PDA

View Full Version : Need Opinions On Gold Seal Breast Forms

Dagmar
02-20-2007, 05:28 PM
Hi Girls,
It is time to put away the home made stuff and get the real thing. I was looking at The Breast Form Store's site, spoke with Nancy and she recommended the Gold Seal asymetrical product. I believe she mentioned that they were designed especially for men. Might have gotten that from another site though. So has anyone tried them and what do you think. This is new territory for me and I want to get it right for those steep prices.
I want to use them not just with mastectomy bras but with more revealing bras.

BeckyAnderson
02-20-2007, 05:45 PM
I have been using the Gold Seal since they came out and I love them. When taped on they almost feel real and the bounce is great and are soft to touch. In a shear bra they look fabulous. I would recommend them to anyone!

Hugs,
Becky

Dagmar
02-20-2007, 05:59 PM
Hi Becky,
Thanks for the recomendation. Do they absorb your body temperature so that you really feel that they a normal part of you? Is the tape uncomfortable at all? Would you recommend any other adhesive? One question I neglected to ask of the rep was how to position them on my chest correctly. Perhaps that information comes with the instructions...I hope.

Thank You,

Dagmar

Wenda
02-20-2007, 07:49 PM
I don't have experience with those specific forms nor the BFS, but lots of older threads rate their service very highly. I can reply to a couple of aspects, though. I have been home from work for about a half hour. When I got home, the first thing I did was put my nice little #5 teardrops from SiliconeWorks (which is also a very good supplier) in the microwave for 2 minutes to warm them up. While they were warming, I used Aveeno shave cream and re-shave my chest as smooth as possible. If you use adhesive, trust me, you don't want stubble on your chest. It's like waxing only without the results.
I then place one of the warm forms on newspaper on the edge of the counter, and quickly spray a uniform coat of 3M Super 77 adhesive around the edges. I used to let them dry for 10 minutes, but now I give them another minute in the microwave. These are no my largest forms, so they come out a bit warmer than body temp, which I just love. I have a tight strapless bra with no underwires over them, being careful to have the edges directly over the edges of the forms.
After having the bra on for some time, say half an hour, I can go braless. I usually wear a tight t-shirt or a halter top. When I apply the forms after work, I often wear them overnight. When I remove them, usually the skin underneath is wrinkled, and there are sometimes red spots similar to ingrown hairs around the edges.
I used to use Turpentine to remove the residue because it is oily and doesn't dry your skin or harm the forms, but I have change to odorless Varsol. I clean the backs of the forms every 3 to 6 uses, whenever the build-up gets noticeable. I have a small baking pan that I pour a bit of solvent in, and let the form soak for 10 or 15 minutes, then exchange the forms, and use a non-serated butter-kinfe to scrape off the residue. I repeat this a few times until I can wash the forms using dish detergent under warm running water.
I love my forms, beside the ones I am wearing, my other most realistic are a very high quality #9 teardrops which are very lifelike. I have a nice set of asymetrical forms which are self-adhesive and look great under a sweater, but they were less expensive and are a bit firm to be realistic. I think I have 7 sets in various sizes, styles and quality. Each pair with certain preferences.
Enjoy your new self.:hugs: wenda

Dagmar
02-20-2007, 08:13 PM
Oh my...this is too much information so quickly. I do appreciate it though.Thank you, and I will eventually discover what works best for me.

Love,

Dagmar

Lori SC
02-20-2007, 11:30 PM
Hi Girls,
... I was looking at The Breast Form Store's site, spoke with Nancy and she recommended the Gold Seal asymetrical product.... So has anyone tried them and what do you think....
I want to use them not just with mastectomy bras but with more revealing bras.

Hi Dagmar,

I've owned the BFS Gold seals for about 2 years and love them. I am sure you can get good results with other less expensive products, but the Gold Seals do allow you the option of taping and using glue. - I've done both.

First - I've used the tape sold by the BFS store and Holisters Med adhesive. Those forms are expensive enough that I don't want to ruin then (or my hide) with something I'm not sure about. (Now, I'm sure some products are very safe, and others will actually disolve the forms, but as I said I wanted to be safe).

The tape is great since it's easy to apply, quick, and pretty easy to remove (about 3 minutes since you have to be careful). You do get the feeling that the forms are attached to you. But you can't go braless.

The glue takes a lot longer to use - 10 minutes to predry I think. Cleanup is a pain - probably 20-30 minutes each use. I only use glue when I have more than one day planned, and I sleep in the forms (not recommended BTW). With glue the forms almost feel a part of you, and worth the experience for the cost of the glue - I recommend it! :thumbsup:

I have gone braless with the glue, but the dress did have some built in support. Forms weren't too big either - #6.

As far as a revealing bra.... no way... The forms will have a line between them and your skin. You can't show cleavage the way a GG could. (You need your own breasts for that)! I have heard that makeup etc. could disguise the joint, but have no clue how to go about it.

I do have a bra that is a lacy-type see through with pretty full coverage. The breast looks like a real breast through it. With a very sheer type blouse, you might get the effect you are looking for.

You will not be disappointed with breast forms. The hardest decision is the size. You certainly don't want to be too small, and trustme, you can go too big. I had size 9's that were too big! The BFS can advise you on size if you know what cup size you want. My size 6's were exactly right for me.

My only complaint with the asymetrical is that there is a tab that extends around, under the armpit. This dress I mentioned above has a big enough arm opening that the tap is slightly visible (not cool). There is a low back on the dress so I can't wear a bra... I haven't figured out a solution. A teardrop shape is no problem, since there is no tab....

Hugs, Lori

Dagmar
02-20-2007, 11:42 PM
Thanks fort the tips honey.

Katelyn
02-21-2007, 01:01 AM
Where can you buy these at?

DAVIDA
02-21-2007, 07:23 AM
I really like the forms that I have. They are the GL 2000 from Glamour Boutique. I personally don't care for any type of attatchment.
DAVIDA

Robin Leigh
02-21-2007, 08:29 AM
Where can you buy these at?

http://www.thebreastformstore.com/breastforms-catalog.aspx

I have the slightly cheaper Supersoft Transform Triangles, and I love them. My size 4s can be worn braless, just using adhesive tape.

Robin