PDA

View Full Version : coming out

Sara Violet
02-05-2005, 02:34 PM
Hi girls, long time

I see some of you have been worried about me, thank you for caring. I have been very busy at work and other things. After much soul searching I have come to terms that I am transexual. Not that I really didn't know in the first place, but I have decided to finally begin to toss my fake male personallity aside and live my life as a girl. I plan to come out.

My girl friend is finally coming to terms that I am not just a normal cd. She I know she does not want to lose me, but she would rather see me happy than see me kill myself.

I also came out to my best friend since jr high. I thought I was going to lose a friend that day. He just said "I've been your friend to this long im not gonna stop now". I was so happy, I dont want to be alone through this.

I have decided to tell my mom next. I feel she would understand out of any of my relatives. I need her in my life more than anything. She is very understanding. I think she might already know a little about it. We have plans to go out to lunch on thursday. I will tell her then. She knows I have a bomb shell to drop, she has known most my life I have had a secret I could not tell a soul. She never tried to force it from me though. She tells me what ever it is she will still love me, I know this is true. I am still scared though, after telling her there is no going back.

I want to start theropy in march and I started a savings account for my tansition. I turn 26 in may, my plan is to celebrate my 30th birthday a girl. Is that reallistic? Well got to change out of my carebare pj's. I want to post a school girl picture on the thread before work.

Sweet Susan
02-05-2005, 03:07 PM
My! You are brave. I wish you luck. Be cautious.

Vallari
02-05-2005, 03:12 PM
WOW Quidam I wish you the best of luck with everything! You're lucky to have such an understanding girlfriend and best friend. I hope things go well with your mother and the rest of your family. :)

Stephanie Brooks
02-05-2005, 03:29 PM
Well, good luck Quidam, on everything. Coming out isn't easy. I don't imagine transitioning will be either. We're here for you though.

*BIG HUGGLES*

Holly
02-05-2005, 11:18 PM
Quidam,

We're all on your side. I know that you have given this a lot of thought and that you above everyone else, knows what is best for you. I hope all goes well with your mom. Please let us know what we can do.

Hugs

ChristineRenee
02-05-2005, 11:33 PM
Quidam,

Just remember that we are all here for you and want only the best for you that life has to offer. I'm sure that it wasn't an easy decision for you to arrive at and yet one that you felt that you needed to make, but you have to be true to who you are above all.

Best of luck to you and let us know from time to time how things are going for you. You will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Love,
Christine

Kate_Uhler
02-05-2005, 11:58 PM
quidam,

You know we're here supporting you every step of this scary yet empowering process.

I've heard that with suicide that it's really about a PART of us that must die, and that all to often we mistakenly take the whole organism with us.. Its so wise of you to see the part that must change, that part that you must let go of, and to save the whole being..

You're a sweet woman, and this comes across in your posts, your tender pictures and endearing fantasy's.. Being on this side of your decision I'll think you'll find a sense of relief that you've never had before in your life. And regardless of what others in you life might say.. You can never loose it or have it taken away from you.

big sister hugs from me and all the other girls here..
kate

Chrissycd
02-06-2005, 01:40 AM
girl!
I started gender therapy last month, and plan to begin HRT late this Spring or early in the summer. You are wise to begin at such a young age. Most of us are in denial at least through our first marriage, and don't figure out what you have until we're in our forties.
Go to the ts page on this site if you haven't yet. It offers a wealth of info.
Let's stay in touch.
Hugs,
Chrissy

Sara Violet
02-06-2005, 01:42 AM
thank you all. Ill still allways be here. I love all you girls and i need you more than you will ever know. I know most of you are not ts but you girls are so understanding of the pain use ts's deal with every time we look in the mirror.

Ive been busy at work latly...I got written up this week so I got to put in extra hours so i can get everything done. I havn't been very productive because of my nervs are shot from being worried about my future.

I will try to get on at least every other day if even for a few minutes.

Tristen Cox
02-06-2005, 04:04 AM
Mom's have a good sense of their children and know things you don't think they know. But they love you beyond normal limits, as mine did when I told her. I hope this goes as well for you. It's a big step for you. One that may take alot for you actually say, but afterwards the feeling of being unburdened can not be put into words, you simply have to experience this for yourself Quidam. Good luck. My thoughts are with you.

Love & hugs
Tristen

Priscilla1018
02-06-2005, 01:11 PM
Hi quidam,

It is good to hear from you again. What you are doing takes a lot of courage.
We all wish only the best for you. Keep us posted. Life will improve once you come out.

Love and Hugs,
Your friend,
Priscilla

DonnaT
02-06-2005, 03:08 PM
You'll do fine Quidam. Loving mothers are a blessing.

4 or 5 years to transistion should be doable. Figure a few months of therapy, make sure it is a gender therapist, and the HRT, a year or two of RLT, then the GRS. Make sure to schedule the surgery early, some of the better places have a waiting list.

LindaTS
02-07-2005, 09:55 AM
Hello Quidam,
As you said, most of the girls here are not TS's, however I am. My only regret is not finding out who I really am until it's just about too late for me. GRS is out of the question because of a serious problem with my heart but there is the possibility of transitioning to full time a bit later. That's another story. I can fully understand your fears of coming out to others but so far, things seem to be going well for you. And I'm sure your mother will be understanding. I actually know two other girls who have had the surgery and they both are very happy now with no regrets. I think it's very realistic to expect to complete everything by the time you're 30. Just keep your spirits up all the time because I'm sure it will be a bumpy road. Good luck with everything.

paulaN
02-07-2005, 06:57 PM
I think your gona make it just fine. at your age you have a long life ahead of you,your future is gona be very bright, it may take a wile to see that but you will see it I'm sure. there will be some tough times too. but endever to perservere keep us posted and remember were pullen for ya.