PDA

View Full Version : Can't stop telling people!!

MonaSmith
02-05-2005, 04:59 PM
Hi everyone,

I've been pretty quiet of late and that is because I have been busy at work and at play.

So, ok, the reason for this self indulgent thread. I came out at work.

I mean to say that I came out to three people at work, I didn't turn up dressed or anything, that would be a little further than I am prepared to go at the moment.

I told my GG friend, the guy I sit next to, and my manager. They all reacted in different ways when I told them, but they are all very cool with it.

I told J ,who I sit next to, first. He is a young guy, he plays guitar in a band and is very image conscious. We get on really well, we chat and joke all day in that blokey way that guys do, lots of harmless mickey-taking. Well, anyway, we were talking about hairstyles and stuff and got onto bodyhair. He pointed out that I wasnt very hairy and gestured to my arm. I remove the hair from my arms and hands and was wearing a t-shirt at the time. I said that I hated bodyhair and he said that he thought only women hated their bodyhair. I took the opportunity and pounced, quickly pulling a picture of me (my Avatar pic actually) from my bag and I put it down on his desk in front of him. He looked at it for a second, looked sideways at me, and just said "okay, well that explains it" and went quiet for a few minutes. Then the questions came, but not too many. It turns out that the old drummer from his band was a bit that way inclined so he was totally cool with it. One down.

I usually walk to the train station with my GG friend, 'A', when we finish work and on the way we chat about the day. So we were walking along, chatting, and I mentioned that I had made 'J' a bit dumbstruck earlier and she asked me how, as he is noted for his inability to stop talking. Again like a big cat I seized my chance. I took the pic out of my bag and handed it to her. "who is that?" she said and looked at me. I just smiled back and batted my eyelashes. "NO!" she said, I just kept on smiling while she babbled for a bit. "Oh my god!" she said "you're beautiful", boy did I blush. Again some more questions, nothing heavy. We get to the station, she gives me a massive hug and says that she want's makeup tips, which she really doesn't need as she is a total hottie. Two down.

A day or two later, J, me and my manager, P, were chatting at our desks (we all sit together) about when I started with the team. P said that she knew nothing about me other than my name and that she thought that I was going to be a middle aged man. We all had a laugh, and I filed it away, knowing that I had found a way to tell her. The next day, I went up to her desk and after a bit of small talk I said "remember yesterday, when you said that you thought I'd be a middle aged man?" "Yes?" she said. "I bet you didn't expect this" I said and handed her the photo. She looked at it "who's that?", I just smile. "who is it?", more smiling. "Really, who is it?" she says sounding a bit confused. She looks up at me and I put my hand to my chest, to indicate myself, and mouth "me" quietly. Slowly the biggest smile I have ever seen crept across her face and her eyes lit up. More questions. She kept thanking me for confiding in her and letting her know. She is probably the nicest person that I have ever met. The next day we had a one-to-one meeting about my training and development (5 min) and my crossdressing (25 min).

So now:-

J jokes about it with me, flirts sometimes, I wind him up about it, and we have a really cool time at work together.

A now treats me like one of her girlfriends, we have lunch together, talk about clothes, boys, girl stuff in general. It's great.

P now treats me like her daughter, she is extremely supportive and lovely.

Well there you go, that was my week. I am a really lucky and really happy girl.

Love

Mona xx.

Amelie
02-05-2005, 05:05 PM
That's really great Mona, I enjoyed that, and I am so happy for you.
You know what this means now. If you touch J on the shoulders, you can be brought up on harresment charges.Lol

Good for you Mona
Love Amelie

MonaSmith
02-05-2005, 05:08 PM
That's really great Mona, I enjoyed that, and I am so happy for you.
You know what this means now. If you touch J on the shoulders, you can be brought up on harresment charges.Lol

Good for you Mona
Love AmelieHi and thanks Amelie,

J is the biggest flirt in the office, probably in the whole building, and everybody knows it, so I think that I am safe. And anyway he is the one who has done all the touching so far, lol.

Mona xx.

Sweet Susan
02-05-2005, 05:13 PM
And, yes, you are beautiful!

What an wonderful thing you have shared with us. You have no idea how I felt as I read it. It just gave me goosebumps, and when I finished I was a bit jealous. I so wish I could do that. One has to wonder what is next for you. What do you think is next? How wonderful.

ChristineRenee
02-05-2005, 05:16 PM
Wow Mona...quite a week you had indeed! That was very courageous of you and I'm glad to see that it worked out so very well for you. Way to go, girl!;)

Love,
Christine:)

Stephanie Brooks
02-05-2005, 05:19 PM
Mona,

That is just Too Cool!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!!!!! :D I thought things appeared a bit brighter across the pond.

sherri
02-05-2005, 05:30 PM
You are now officially my new hero (heroine?). OMG! I may set up a little Mona shrine in my bedroom! :)

You absolutely have to keep us posted on developments.

xoxo

MonaSmith
02-05-2005, 05:33 PM
Thank you girls, I really appreciate your kind words.

Susan, next for me is telling close friends and going out. I've still a long way to go, but I have been doing well so far this year, so I can't see anything to stop me except my own fear.

I picked the people that I told quite carefully, even if it seems that I did it on the spur of the moment, so I have had no bad results yet. They will happen, I'm sure but I will have friends that support me both here on the forum and now in the 'real' world too. It is a nice feeling.

Thank you again

Mona xx

Julie
02-05-2005, 05:41 PM
Mona, congratulations on coming out to J, A & P all in the same week. You mentioned a while ago about coming out to one person at work and you suddenly hit us with this excellent news. I am so happy for you and I'm sure your work environment is a much happier one, that bit about the one-to-one meeting (5 mins development and 25 mins crossdressing) was especially cool.

Well done Mona, I'm proud of you.

JJ

MonaSmith
02-05-2005, 05:50 PM
Thanks Julie,

I wasn't scheduled to have my one-to-one meeting until next week but P couldn't wait. She said that she had been thinking about me all that evening and night and couldn't wait until next week to talk to me about it. She really is the best manager that you could ever find and a very lovely person. She is really on my side and said that she would support me in whatever I decided to do about dressing at work. I told her that I was not that advanced yet, but that I really appreciated her support. She kept on grinning every time I looked over to her at her desk.

I keep thinking that I should have done this a long time ago. The only reason that I can do it now is all the support I have received from you girls over the past few months. Thank you all.

Love Mona xx.

Tracie Lynn
02-05-2005, 05:50 PM
Thanks Mona for a great story just continue to pic carefully and I bet you will be surprised in the end at just how well others will except you as wellagain great job keep up the great work girl friend Huuuugggssssssss

Ashleigh
02-05-2005, 05:53 PM
Way to go Mona! Miracles do happen, and for you apparently in threes.

MonaSmith
02-05-2005, 06:01 PM
Way to go Mona! Miracles do happen, and for you apparently in threes.Well hopefully they come in more than just threes Ashleigh.

I have made friends with a T/S girl on another forum and am going to meet her next Sunday for a bit of shopping and lunch. I'll be in drab for now, but it is the first face to face meeting, with someone that I met on the net, that I have had. She wants to get me out, and I am having trouble thinking of reasons to stop her. I am really excited and nervous to meet her, she is a really amazing person and I am lucky to have been in contact with her. Fingers crossed that it is fun for both of us.

I will of course let you all know what happens.

Wow, how did my life get so exciting all of a sudden?

Mona xx.

Kate_Uhler
02-05-2005, 06:21 PM
mona..

what a great story.. Its so rewarding to read how others express themselves with the outside world, and its true this forum is an incredible force in providing an invisible support system as we take this to the the 'real' world and those we see in person.

I've been opening up slowly to those I'm close to.. Mostly cause there's questions like, "Hey!!!, where'd all your body hair go???" hahahah.... and with all but one exception ( an old ex GGF ) It pulled me closer to them and made more appreciate what I've decided to do with my Femme part. And you know with my Ex GGF I had a hunch it would weird her out...which is very ironic, casue she's the one who on a weekend ski trip took me to the hotel room and gave me a waxing, facial and did my toes and hand nails in PURPLE... I told her she had no one to 'blame' but her self for starting this.. The thing that really upset me and she said it TO intentionally upset me were these two things. 1. CD's insult women by making a parody of feminity. 2. It's sad and pathetic to see a grown man dressed as a woman.

The really good news is she's not seen me with my handtied wig, makeup, hose and heels... so I think her jaw would drop if the 'reality' of what I really looked like dressed up would meet up with her sad fantasy of what she thinks cd's are.

The bottom line for me is you find out quickly which ones are on you side and which ones you never bring it up with again..

Thanks for sharing your process. It helps like all the girls stories here... and I'm so grateful I have this group to speak up at and listen to.

I can't wait to hear about your first day at work as Mona!... I'm sure it's inevitable...

kisskiss,
kate.

MonaSmith
02-05-2005, 06:34 PM
Thanks Kate, I know what you are saying and I have been careful in my choices. I figure the more people that I get onside, before it inevitably goes 'public', the better. That way I will have people with me that I love and that love me for who I actually am and not for the person that they think I am. Does that make sense, I hope so. One thing that I have found is that since telling people and being totally honest with them, they are reciprocating and being totally honest with me about their stuff. It is a really cool thing. I hope it continues, it feels good not having to keep checking myself all the time, making sure that I am not 'giving myself away'.

Time will tell, but for now I feel really happy.

Mona xx.

Sharon
02-05-2005, 08:24 PM
Mona,
It's a wonderful and inspiring story and I'm so happy for you! It appears that you have made some good friends even better friends, now that you have shared this secret with them.

Sharon

MonaSmith
02-05-2005, 08:36 PM
Mona, babes,

I am so absolutely chuffed for ya, well done girl on coming out, and congrats for picking the right people too!!!

You are aware I have been doing the same thing recently, it amazes me still how accepting people can be. After hiding for so many years thinking there is something wrong with yourself, then to have your frends turn round and affirm that there's nothing wrong at all is just the best!!!

Good luck with meeting your new friend, looks like I may have missed the chance to have you as my "Deb"!!!! :p

Speak to you soon,
Alli. xx.Hi Allison,

Hey, we kind of run parallel to each other, It's odd really. You haven't missed the chance yet, I'll be in drab this time. I'm still not ready for the big unveiling of Mona to the rest of the world. You may yet have me as your "Deb".

I feel better with every person that I tell, the sense of freedom is really nice. I can't wait to feel what it is like to be out properly.

Thanks for everything Allison,

Love ya

Mona x.

MonaSmith
02-05-2005, 08:43 PM
Mona,
It's a wonderful and inspiring story and I'm so happy for you! It appears that you have made some good friends even better friends, now that you have shared this secret with them.

SharonThanks Sharon,

I just hope that I can keep the momentum up.

Mona xx.

Julie York
02-05-2005, 08:46 PM
Excellent!

Does this mean I get to keep your shoes? I forget what the bet was?

Well done. Scary stuff but you're doing just fine. If you bottle out of meeting your new friend I get your shoes AND the black basque? If you go ahead I wil give you the red lisptick that looks like red sauce from a bad chicken curry. Sounds fair to me.

MonaSmith
02-05-2005, 09:22 PM
Excellent!

Does this mean I get to keep your shoes? I forget what the bet was?

Well done. Scary stuff but you're doing just fine. If you bottle out of meeting your new friend I get your shoes AND the black basque? If you go ahead I wil give you the red lisptick that looks like red sauce from a bad chicken curry. Sounds fair to me.
You keep your hands off my shoes Julie. I'm not going to bottle out now, Denise would kill me, lol. This is another important step for me, and I'm determined to take it.

see you soon honey, don't spend too much on Ebay.

Mona x.

Holly
02-05-2005, 10:22 PM
Mona,

Another inspiring testimony to the power available to us as we become more and more at peace with outselves. The steps you outlined should serve as a guide for others who want to come out! Thanks for sharing your sensible process and for being an encouragement to us all that it can be done. I'm so looking forward to hearing more, both on things at work and your meeting with your Tgirl friend. Thanks for the uplift!

MonaSmith
02-05-2005, 10:35 PM
Mona,

Another inspiring testimony to the power available to us as we become more and more at peace with outselves. The steps you outlined should serve as a guide for others who want to come out! Thanks for sharing your sensible process and for being an encouragement to us all that it can be done. I'm so looking forward to hearing more, both on things at work and your meeting with your Tgirl friend. Thanks for the uplift!Hi Holly,

Thank you for that, I never thought about it as being a good way of doing this kind of thing and certainly not as myself as a guide. I thought that I was just naturally sneaky. I always carry the photo with me, just in case an opportunity arises, and I seem to be quite good at getting the timing right for each individual person. I'm just lucky with the friends that I make, they are very adult and relaxed about this kind of stuff, I guess that is why we get on.
I would say to anyone that it is a good thing to do, but I would also caution that you really have to know that both the person and the timing are right.
So please don't go and stuff up your careers on my say so, I just couldn't live with the responsibility of that, but do think about it, weigh up the pros and cons, you never know the time might be right for you and for your friends.

Mona xx.

Tristen Cox
02-06-2005, 03:00 AM
Mona I am very happy for you, and nicely written post btw. Hmmmm you gave everyone else a picture, what about me *sniffles* Only joking. Good show love, but I told you that already earlier. Looks like your goal on coming out fully by the end of the year will be a success (maybe even sooner) Enjoy the limelight, you deserve it :)

Love ya
Tristen

MonaSmith
02-06-2005, 06:00 AM
Thanks Tristen,

Like I said, it is just another small step in a long journey, I will get there though, wherever 'there' is, with the help of my friends.

Speak to you later

Mona xx.

DonnaT
02-06-2005, 04:09 PM
That's what I like to read, good stories and great outcomes. Way to go Mona.

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_2_68.gif http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_2_68.gif http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_2_68.gif

MonaSmith
02-06-2005, 04:14 PM
That's what I like to read, good stories and great outcomes. Way to go Mona.Hi Donna,

Thanks so much, I'm actually looking forward to work tomorrow!

Mona xx.

racquel
02-07-2005, 02:59 AM
I am absolutly thrilled with your post.I am at a loss for words to express my joy. :D
This forum is truly empowering.

paulaN
02-07-2005, 10:31 AM
I just love what you have done with your workplace. that is so cool, and I bet you do feel good about going to work now. great post and an inspration to us all. A big hug, and kiss on the cheek, and lots of love from me. thanks mona.

StephanieCD
02-07-2005, 10:43 AM
That was inspiring - truly. I think a picture is a very nice, wordless way of saying so much... of course, coming from you, the picture must have been a great one - you look damn good - were I to do it, my buds would just laugh and say "dude, was this from last Halloween? I thought you were a vampire or something?"

*sigh*
I loved your story!

Paula A
02-07-2005, 12:33 PM
Mona;
Its kinda like an extended B-day party for you, way to go. The cool thing besides how good you feel, is that when you are ready, your manager said she'll support you at work no matter how you dress. like a long term goal/present for yourself.

Have you talked to YOU KNOW WHO about your recent exposure at the office? she must have known something was up, I bet you were smileing like the cat that just ate a mouse. or a boy who found his first dress, LOL :D

I am so happy for you, you must be on cloud nine.

Fiona K
02-07-2005, 12:54 PM
Wonderful story Mona,
I'm so pleased for you! It must be great to be accepted like that
Fiona
xx

stevie h
02-07-2005, 01:04 PM
mona

what a wonderful story.

i too am starting to not worry about others. My body hair is all gone, my eyebrows plucked and my nails shaped and buffed. It is because of your words of wisdom and courage that i am able to do this now.

love

stevie

xx

MonaSmith
02-07-2005, 03:11 PM
Hi all,

You girls are just the best!! I get home from one of the most relaxed and productive days at work that I can remember, to find these lovely messages of support from you all. Thank you so very much.

As I said before, this is all down to the friendship and support that comes from the forum. Six months ago I would never have considered even talking about my CDing with my own mother, and now here I am, coming out to workmates and planning on going out! You are all to blame!

Thank you all, very, very much. I couldn't do it without you girls.

Love

Mona xx.

Tristen Cox
02-07-2005, 04:54 PM
You are all to blame!

You're quite welcome Mona. But you really should try to sleep more :p Have a great week! Catch you later maybe ;)

Love & hugs
Tristen

Julie
02-07-2005, 05:05 PM
Mona, I'm really pleased that work today continued smoothly following on from last week. Good luck.

JJ

MonaSmith
02-07-2005, 05:28 PM
Mona, I'm really pleased that work today continued smoothly following on from last week. Good luck.

JJThanks Julie,

I can't see any problems on the horizon at the moment, so I'm going to have fun for as long as I can.

Thanks Tristen, I really must get an early night soon, but maybe not tonight.

Speak to you soon

Love Mona xx.

Helana
02-07-2005, 10:29 PM
Hi all,

You girls are just the best!! I get home from one of the most relaxed and productive days at work that I can remember, to find these lovely messages of support from you all. Thank you so very much.

As I said before, this is all down to the friendship and support that comes from the forum. Six months ago I would never have considered even talking about my CDing with my own mother, and now here I am, coming out to workmates and planning on going out! You are all to blame!

Thank you all, very, very much. I couldn't do it without you girls.

Love

Mona xx.

That's the best compliment you can give to everyone else on the forum. No doubt your own story will now inspire others to come out too. I am so, so happy for you Mona. Keep up the good work for us all. :)

ChristineRenee
02-07-2005, 10:46 PM
Mona....what Tristen, Helana, and the others have said. You are an inspiration to us all and we should be thanking you for your honesty and courage. I'm so happy that this is working out so well for you Mona...keep on doin' what you're doin'....but GET SOME SLEEP GIRL, WOODJA???!!!...take it from one who doesn't get enough herself! (excuse me...make that slefe! Still learnin' Wendyese here....):D

Love,
Chrissie:)

kirsti
02-07-2005, 11:21 PM
extrodinary,exciting,magnificant,and inspiring,a toast of champagne is in order here.
congratulations,and continued best of luck!

Rikki
02-08-2005, 05:37 AM
Mona,

A lovely story and with such good friends to work with. You are the envy of most all the girls out here, I am so green! The support out here is so great, a girl just can't hardly stay in the closet. Have fun girl.

Rikki

LindaTS
02-08-2005, 08:14 AM
Mona, that is a fantastic story and I'm so happy for you. It sounds like your life is gettting better all the time.

Maria2004
02-08-2005, 12:24 PM
Welcome to the "Light" Mona. I have found the same level of, not just tolerence, but "acceptence" here in the U.S. The one point I want to make is this. You aren't "lucky" by the dictionary definination of the the word, "accidental fortune, fate, chance". There is an alternate more appropriate definition, which your probably familiar with, "Luck is when preparation meets opportunity". I honor your courage for seizing the opportunity, and finding out for yourself that the bogeyman of intolerence we once feared so much, and heartbreakingly so many of our beloved sisters still fear, is not not quite so pervasive.

Intolerence exsists in the world regardless of the reason. There are places you can go and get the crap beat out of you whether you are crossdressed or not.

I'm extremely happy for you, once again Welcome!

Peace be with you sister.

Maria

MonaSmith
02-08-2005, 07:25 PM
Once again, thank you all.

This is what I meant about the support here. It makes these things seem possible to do. I'm no kind of role model or inspiration, I'm just a girl fed up of being in her bedroom alone. If I hadn't found this place that is what I would still be. No plans, no future. I have met some amazing and inspirational people in the last few months and done more to make myself feel happy about being me than I had in many many years before.

So when I say thank you to you all, I really, really mean it.

Love

Mona xx.