PDA

View Full Version : Jamie Leigh

Jan W
02-05-2005, 06:14 PM
Girls,

Can you help me please.

Have seen GG's use some sort of cream to remove facial hair. I feel that it also bleached the dark hairs making them difficult to see. A case in point was Jamie Leigh Curtis in 'A Fish Called Wanda.' She had this cream on her upper lip for some time.

Could this be the answer to the dreaded 'blue shadow'?

Hoping to hear.

Love Jan

spaskinstyle
02-05-2005, 07:11 PM
Hang on a minute Honey. Lets get our Creams all lined up and we will talk about them one at a time. First, yes, there is a depilatory cream that you can use to remove your hair on your face. The GG's use Nair for the Face or some other facial hair removal cream that you can buy at any drug store these work ok for thinner facial hair. For a thicker ans stubbly hair I would recommend a product that you can purchase at a Sally Beauty Supply called Magic Regular Fragrant Cream Shave Razorless Beard Remover (Depilatory). This is very widely used in the African American Community because it does not cause rashes like shaving can do when your hair is curly or the like. Anyway, Depilatory creams can be purchased over the counter at drug stores (they won't work as well) or you can get something like this from a beauty supply (will work better) or you could go all out and get a doozy from a pro. OK, next we talk about bleach - This is a different cream all together. The one does not do the other's job unless you are burning your face off. The bleach will work ok to lighten your hair that you would have hanging around on your face for several days or maybe just for an evening - but if your hair on your face grows quickly - the bleach will not do well because as soon as that hair starts to grow out you will get that shadow again. Another thing to be very careful of is to remember that bleach turns things WHITE! If you have a darker complexion and you bleach any small amounts of hair or stubble white - - oh my - I've seen this - You can actually see the white hair on top of the darker skin. Not a pretty sight. I hope I have helped just a little bit. Email me if you'd like more info on those products - I could try to remember the names. Love to you, Theresa

Jan W
02-05-2005, 10:47 PM
Thanks so much Theresa,

Have read and re read your good advice. Your points are well made. Is MRFCSRBR available in Australia? Sounds like the right product for our type of girl.

Thanks again,

Love Jan

spaskinstyle
02-05-2005, 11:12 PM
Depilatory Cream on Ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=11845&item=4347797312&rd=1&ssPageName=WD1V)

You can pick this cream up in any drug store on the corner. The stuff you buy at the drug store however, is not as effective on tough or rough hair. The more effective brands you will find at a Sally Beauty Supply. Any Spa or Beauty Supply Store would know what a Depilatory Cream is. You would want to ask for a Cream Hair Remover for Coarse Hair.

One other really good method for removing hair that is coming out is this lazer light therapy. It is quite expensive but I have heard wonderful things about it. it does not work on light hair at all, so any of you girls out there with light hair if you are considering it, don't let them talk you into it, It won't work. But for darker hair it does work. It zapps the hair folicles and your hair does not grow back. But I'll tell ya, it is quite expensive. That would be available in a Spa from an Esthetician or from a Dermatologist.

Take Care Girls. Theresa

Tristen Cox
02-06-2005, 03:06 AM
I just wanted to say.... Welcome to the forum Jan! ;)
*hugs*

Love
Tristen

Sweet Susan
02-06-2005, 03:37 AM
Cream or no cream, any fish named Wanda is alright with me. And I don't care if Michael Myers had her first, Jamie Lee Curtis looks great in thigh higs. :D

ChristineRenee
02-06-2005, 03:41 AM
Cream or no cream, any fish named Wanda is alright with me. And I don't care if Michael Myers had her first, Jamie Lee Curtis looks great in thigh higs. :DHey Susan...was she positively to "die for" in "True Lies" or what?:cool: ;)