PDA

View Full Version : Does a trunk make an elephant?

Sejd
02-22-2007, 12:36 AM
I see so many posts on this forum from souls like myself who want either to "Pass" or to have the right clevage. It makes me wonder: Does the trunk make the elephant, or is it the behavior of the elephant?
Rumi ( a thirteen century poet from Persia) has a funny story about faith where he asks if some people are caught in a dark room with an elephant, and they touch it, how do they know it is an elephant? someone might touch the trunk and say: it's an elephant, someone might touch the leg and say: it's an elephant. But how do we know by just touching the animal? The same problem is what we encouter as males with a strong female gene. How do we tell the world that we have this precious gift? Do we show it by outer appearance only or do we need to go deeper and show a more refined sexuality? Personally, I believe that the female condition shows itself primarily in the sexuality that we project to the world. Not so much in pictures of cleavage, fine looking legs or fancy dresses, but in a female expression, in our eyes, smile, posture (this one is big), and attitude. I wonder how you all feel about it?
hugs
Sejd

Rachel Morley
02-22-2007, 12:54 AM
I agree. What makes a person "feminine" isn't always about their clothes or how they look.

susie evans
02-22-2007, 12:57 AM
it's a combination of attitude looks and behaviorand confidence:D

susie

CheriTV2006
02-22-2007, 01:23 AM
I agree. Attitude is everything. It's also that "look in your eye." I can lock eyes at a guy who digs this either way and pick up that sensitivity. Cheri.

Kristen Kelly
02-22-2007, 04:50 AM
There is a difference, some are just Guys in a dress others take it to the 100th level. The look I portray helps me get my mind to where I want to be but I can be Kristen and be in drab, it's a state of mind.

Brianna Lovely
02-22-2007, 05:29 AM
I've been trying to express my "fem-feelings" for a few months now. Although I do dress and go out, it's much deeper than that.

I suppose that other people do "sense" the real me. Even when I'm out in drab, I'm often called "honey" or "sweetie" by both men and women. Some men, in social situations, have told me that I'm "sweet", "gentle", "loving" and a "beautiful man".

So, I guess my fem side is showing herself more often, and I'm happy with that.

Makina
02-22-2007, 05:39 AM
I think to get the behavior of a woman, you have to experiment "being feminine". Each time you pass, you gain self-confidence. When people treat you as a woman you look at a mirror of your feminity. Each time you look at your pictures with a right cleavage, you catch clues of your feminity. I think it's the same for GG, but they got a lot more clues of their feminity, from their childhood.

I agree with Brianna. Even in drab, I feel this difference.

Kate Simmons
02-22-2007, 05:40 AM
I agree Sejd, It's your overall manner and bearing with the image you are trying to project. If you have the confidence and determination, you can be anyone you want to be really. I do this all the time, not only as Salandra but as Richard as well.:happy:

RachelDenise
02-22-2007, 05:49 AM
I think this is particularly important for those of us who cannot pass. It's not the look, but the attitude and sensation of femininity for me. Sure I wish I was passable, but it isn't happening in this life. I get my peace from behavior, feelings and fem deeds. I applaud those of you who can put the physical side to this as well.

Suzie S.
02-22-2007, 06:27 AM
:iagree: I can feel feminine on the inside even without wearing the clothes. Sure the clothes accent that and feel nice, but it is a state of mind also. When I dress in women's clothing it just reflects on the outside how I feel on the inside all the time. Sure I would like to pass, who wouldn't?! I already pass on the inside, so I'm half way there, LOL! :happy:

Tina B.
02-22-2007, 12:42 PM
Some days I feel like a man in a dress, some days I feel like a woman in a pair of mens jeans, but the best days are when I feel like a woman in that dress, or like a guy in those Jeans.
Is it the feeling that makes the fabric feel good, or the fabric that makes the feeling feel good? Things that make you go ummm!Tina B.