PDA

View Full Version : First time trying on in a shop

Jayne
02-22-2007, 08:26 AM
I dropped the wife at work before I had my shower this morning so when I got home I thought I would have a girly day.

After my shower I had a close shave (face)continued by painting toes slipping on stockings undies & a bra under my drabs , I went to a Windsor Shoe Store to pick up a pair of sandles, when I got there it was too buisy to try on.

I tried a few pairs by ducking down lanes but could not get to a mirror without been seen.

On the way home I was decided to pop in a charity shop, I have never had a skirt so did not know my size I started at 14 and went to 16 it was great to slip into the changing room and try on especially with the correct underwear.

I should have gone for an 18 due to my waist but the 16 gives me an incentive to shed a few pounds........:)

Any one else been shoping for the first time and tried on in the changing rooms?

(it is actually yhe second time I have done this but the last time was over 20 yrs ago and its taken me this long to try again).

Trinni
02-22-2007, 08:32 AM
No, I just recently gotten the courage to shop for clothes and make. Trying them on is something I haven't gotten the guts to do yet

susann_gardener
02-22-2007, 09:07 AM
I have found several places where there is no dressing room attendant. These are easy. Have yet to do it with an attendant, but that's soon.

Kristen Marie
02-22-2007, 09:27 AM
After all the great threads on Thrift Shops, I stopped at one yesterday. I was in guy mode but totally underdressed. It was your typical thrift shop, but it was huge! I spent nearly an hour there in the ladies section. I wanted to get some 3/4 length skirts with buttons up the front...real feminine.

As I got more comfortable with the surroundings and had a chance for light interaction with the female shoppers and staff. Nothing too over the top. One female shopper who was piling on skirts in her cart met me later on after I had selected two designer skirts at an incredible $5.49 each. She looked at my skirts and said to me in the checkout line....those are so pretty. I nicely smiled back and thanked her. I think I like thrfit store shoppers!

The only bad thing was the dressing stalls. They were uni-sex but they were right beside the cash register where the line was. I'm bold, but not that bold.

Tina B.
02-22-2007, 09:33 AM
I shop in DRAB all the time, but neven have gotten up the nerve to try it on in the store, but luckly I have my sizes down pretty good, so I don't have return that much!
Tina B.

vicky lee
02-22-2007, 09:35 AM
hi jayne the only store ive been in to try on is a m and s and that was to try on bras to get measured for them correctly
as for other clothes i know my size so just buy and take home

Jaydee
02-22-2007, 09:42 AM
I first got up the nerve to try on in a store a few months ago. What helped my nerves was that I also grabbed a couple pairs of pants from the men's department at the same time. But in reality I don't think any one noticed or cared. I have gotten braver since.

Jaydee

gennee
02-22-2007, 09:43 AM
I haven't tried on stuff in a store but that day is coming.

Gennee

:happy:

marie354
02-22-2007, 09:49 AM
I haven't tried on things in the stores yet, but I think I'm going to have too soon.
I was reciently given a size 12 skirt by my SO who got it from someone else and it was a bit snug.... Oh Oh... I guess that spare tire is growing a bit.
The only exercise I get is walking... To the post office, my weekly meetings on Mondays, the corner store for soda's, etc. (I have to do a lot of walking for my leg... beyond the pain, the Dr. says, so my muscles don't shrink any more than they already have.)
Anyway it seems I've gained a couple of pounds. (And I had thought some of my clothes had shrunk... Teeheehee)

Karren H
02-22-2007, 10:03 AM
Congratulations!!! The first time is always the hardest yet the most exciting...

I've been trying on womens clothing for so long.... In male or female mode.. In male mode the easiest way to do it especially if your a little squimish.. Is to grab a pair of dockers and a polo shirt from the mens dept.. And a couple skirts and or tops from the womens dept.. And place the mens over the womens and go to the mens dressing room and try them on.. You can even just leave the womens in there when your done if they don't fit..

Shop at places with unattended fitting rooms like Kohl's, JC Pennys, Macys.. That way you don't have to deal with an attendent... Kmart, Walmart and Target all have attendents... So get out there and above all.... Have fun!!

Karren

Erica Leigh
02-22-2007, 10:54 AM
When my wife and i go shopping, she always goes with me :love:, i just take the girl clothes and head for the dressing room, if there is no one in the girls, which of course is closer, i will use the girls dressing room, if there is too many girls in the dressing room, then i use boys changing room, girl clothes are so different to each manufacturer about sizes, that i have to try everything on...last time i looed at a dressing room, it didnt say "boys or girls",
although my wife says that if the dressing room is in the ladies dept then it is inferred that the dressing room is for ladies, same goes with boys, i usually go shopping with wife drab, because we have two kids, who are teenagers, man they pick up on anything out of place. but that is another story.....:heehee:

Erica