PDA

View Full Version : What Has Happened To The Suspender Belt?

vicky lee
02-22-2007, 09:27 AM
HI GIRLS
Just wanted to ask this cause of all the treads here about pantiehose / tights.
what has happened to the suspender belt and the good old stockings,
the sexy look of the suspender belt with them fishnet stockings

i myself love the tights/pantiehose but that suspender belt with stockings for me just as that edge above
so my question is this do you own and wear a suspender belt or are you in to panties hose /tights more ?

very interested in this to hear ur views as i said dont see any threads on this atall if any.

susann_gardener
02-22-2007, 09:33 AM
Only have one pair of tights. Much perfer my 6 strap RAGO belt and stockings.

Tina B.
02-22-2007, 09:43 AM
I wear both, but yes I do have a soft spot in my heart for my spenderbelt(garter belt, in the colonys) but stockings are getting rare, (and cost so much more), for everyday use. But still when I want to wear something sexy, It's get out the stockings,and Garter belt. But maybe thats because I started dressing before Pantyhose where even thought of.
Tina B.

bobbie anne
02-22-2007, 09:54 AM
Right now WalMart have a panty garter belt combo for $8.50 at the store near me.

Cyndie
02-22-2007, 09:56 AM
I love the look and the feel of a garter belt and stockings. Pantyhose are Ok for everyday, but to really get that dressed up feeling it is the garter belt and stockings. I enjoy trying the 50's look with a petticoat along with stockings. I sometime wear the reinforced heel and toe stockings which add to the 50's look. Of course when I'm the dressed up maid I wear balck, back seamed stockings.

Yes, I love stocking

TTFN :hugs:
Cyndie

bobbie anne
02-22-2007, 09:56 AM
Our local thrift store has stockings for .69c I always stock up from there.

Robin Leigh
02-22-2007, 09:57 AM
I love stockings. I wear them with my suspender belts (one black, one white), or with my corselettes (same colours). The black corselette has fishnet panels & came with matching fishnet stockings & thong.

I only recently started wearing pantihose semi-regularly, and that's because they work so well with my new padded panties.

Robin

JoAnnDallas
02-22-2007, 10:15 AM
I recently bought a 8-garter garter belt off ebay. I just love it. Have not worn a garter belt and stockings for over 20 years. Almost forgot how wonderful it feels. Now I need to buy a open bottom girdle too.

vbcdgrl
02-22-2007, 11:00 AM
I wear pantyhose or thigh highs most of the time. But, I do own 2 suspender (garter) belts, and several pair of "full fashion" stockings, which I wear on "special" occasions.

Vikki

Vicky_Scot
02-22-2007, 11:01 AM
I really think that suspenders and stocking are great for the right occassion but I really do not know many GG's or CD's that wear them on a daily basis.

sara_also
02-22-2007, 12:20 PM
i agree with most here that stockings and belts are good for special occasions. I have both, but tend to wear pantihose more often because the controll tops help to smooth out any lumps and bumps caused by padded rear and hip panties.

LindaTS
02-22-2007, 02:56 PM
Kind of funny that I was just looking at an add that was displayed here on this site. www.stockingshowcase.com I like the looks of a couple of their garterbelts and just might be tempted to start wearing them again.

LizCD
02-22-2007, 04:56 PM
For me it has to be stockings and suspenders every time I do not have a single pair of tight's/pantyhose I only have stockings

sharon2
02-22-2007, 09:38 PM
i always wear lace top stockings and suspender belt.it feels better with
my lace panties,which pantyhose always hides.

janine
02-26-2007, 11:59 AM
I have both tights and suspender belt and stockings ,but you cannot beat suspender belt and stockings for feeling sexy especially when you have just shave all over your body.the feeling of smooth stockings on shaved smooth legs is just so sexy.

Debra Lynn
02-26-2007, 01:47 PM
Love backseam stockings and belts, glam

tvbeckytv
02-26-2007, 01:59 PM
for me i find holdup stockings (is that the same as garter stockings?) by far the easiest and most comfortable to wear. dont own any tight's/pantyhose, so its bare legs or thigh high holdups.

stephanie100
02-26-2007, 02:32 PM
I have 3 belts love em

Peka TG
02-26-2007, 05:08 PM
Their alive and well and living in my lingerie draw.:D
Well at least about a dozen!!:heehee:

xoxo
Paula

Timberley
02-26-2007, 06:31 PM
I love the garterbelt, stocking look and feel. I have been looking for some forever. Found the combo set at Walmart, but found the straps too stretchy, and the plastic clips don't seem to hold very well.
Oh well, guess I will keep looking, and see if I can find a good one.
The thigh highs will have to work for now.

:0)

satinunderneath
02-26-2007, 06:38 PM
I have several belts and nylons, but pantyhose are convenient when just running around in jeans. The wife can't stand wearing them under jeans, but thinks they look good on me.

Sam-antha
02-26-2007, 06:59 PM
Remember Patrick Swayze's friend putting on his stockings ? One could not luxuriate like that with tights ?
At least I remember it as stockings ? Which are my fav. but for appearance or for special going out times only.

Colleentg
02-27-2007, 02:52 AM
Pantyhose/tights for me! I don't care if someone considers them as 'inconvenient', I"m not sexually active.

milly most
02-27-2007, 04:15 AM
I wear stockings and all sorts of means of suspension always.No other hosiery can match the allure of stockings!!

dancinginthedark
02-27-2007, 09:56 AM
Not sure if this question is open to all or not. If not my apologies in advance and mod delete at will :D but if it is open....

If dressing up I prefer to use a garter belt and nylons/stockings. I do pantyhose/tights under slacks for a smoother look but find stockings/nylons much sexier. Just my POV other GG results may vary. A LOT! lol

dancin

marie354
02-27-2007, 10:26 AM
I can't speak for everyone, but your opinion is always welcome dancinginthedark.

Han
02-27-2007, 11:16 AM
Wearing my six strap right now :D

Robin Leigh
02-27-2007, 11:27 AM
If dressing up I prefer to use a garter belt and nylons/stockings. I do pantyhose/tights under slacks for a smoother look but find stockings/nylons much sexier. Good to hear, dancin! Please spread the word to other GGs about the feminine power of stockings. It'd be ironic if the only people still wearing such an icon of femininity were CDers. :D

Quite a few years ago, I gave my baby sister a pair of real silk stockings for Christmas when she was 16. A couple of years later, she was working as a model and studying for a BA in fashion & textiles. When she graduated, for her major work she designed & made a set of bridal lingerie, including one of the sexiest garter belts I've ever seen. She told me that the stockings I'd given her (and her search for a suitable garter belt:)) had actually started her thinking about entering the world of fashion professionally. :happy:

I'd like to tell her about Robin, but I get mixed feelings about how she'd react...

:hugs:

Robin

PS. I read your disclaimer. That's so sad. I know what it's like to lose people. But not that many, in so short a timespan. :( Big hugs.

Nyon
02-27-2007, 11:51 AM
It's a funny thing - I dont know any GGs who wear stockings (myself included) or any CDs who dont. I think for a CD it's about feeling sexy; for us GGs it's about getting dressed in the morning and getting through the day. Most of us have some beautiful underwear which we wear for special occassions (which might or might not ever arise) but most of us wear the ordinary stuff everyday. I try not to have to wear either as it is just too hot here, but when the outfit demands it, then sheer black pantyhose (as we call them in SA) with the panties on top (like superman) are the easiest and smoothest look - and that's what it's usually about!

Nyon

wantingsumthinew
02-27-2007, 08:17 PM
I have to say I am a huge fan of the garter belt after my SO baught me one last month and have been with my corset and thigh highs for a very long time
:2c:
Best wishes Erica

Missy Anne
02-27-2007, 09:23 PM
Vicky Lee,

There are at least 15 of them alive and well in my dresser. Except of course, the one I am wearing whenever I am en femme.

Missy Anne

Roxi Loh
02-27-2007, 11:26 PM
A spot in my heart for a garter belt and stockings. Just the transition from a black stocking to alabaster skin is enough to set me off girls. When combined with heels it is a dead sexy combination.

Joy Carter
02-28-2007, 02:42 AM
Down with pantyhose. Up with garterbelts.:D

featherelizabeth
02-28-2007, 10:26 AM
I used to prefer p-hose until I discovered the freedom of a g-belt...so sexy the way the straps do their thing on flesh... I would now only wear tights if I was going snow sledding....garterbelts are soooo much more comfortable....XO

MistressAnnie
02-28-2007, 10:37 AM
I always wear stockings and suspenders. They are so sexy to look at and I feel good wearing them too.

scarletppn
02-28-2007, 11:22 AM
Althought it may have become quite rare among GG's, it appears alive and well among crossdressers. I have at least a dozen which get used very often. There isn't anything elst that feels so good on my legs.

Sarah_new
02-28-2007, 11:38 AM
I just love the feel of taught suspender belt straps as I walk. Suspender belt and stockings for me every time!

StacyCD
02-28-2007, 03:15 PM
It's only garter belts for me--totally sexy! However, the added benefit is that they are much cooler than pantyhose. Even wearing jeans, I find that pantyhose are hotter and the tug of garter straps and the bumps on my jeans is enough to keep me excited!

darling_felicity
02-28-2007, 04:45 PM
I love pantihose, suspenders and stay ups. Sometimes I wish that I had three pairs of legs! Mmmmm, would that mean that I had three crotches or five? And then there're body stockings, suspender pantihose... Way too much fun for one lifetime!

Luv, Felicity

Sandra
02-28-2007, 05:04 PM
I just don't like the feel of them, much prefer hold ups

Sierra Evon
02-28-2007, 05:07 PM
Right now WalMart have a panty garter belt combo for $8.50 at the store near me.

I;ve seen that too , also try Ross stores !!!!!!! :yt:

Angie G
02-28-2007, 05:22 PM
Yes I some times wear them and I have fishnet stocking also :hugs:
Angie