PDA

View Full Version : Struck out Shopping last night!

Deidra Cowen
02-22-2007, 01:34 PM
Got dressed up last night and went shopping. The phone rang a couple of times...then of course it just takes me forever to get ready. Anyway left at 7:30 which basically gave me just enough time to go to two stores.

Went to Steinmart where I almost always find great stuff for cheap. Like my long skirts. They freaking had nothing I liked...never have gone there and not found something fun to wear. Decided to checkout Old Navy since they too are cheap and again struck out but that place is always hit or miss for me.

Really bummed me out and here I am looking at nothing kewl to wear Saturday Night that I have not worn a bunch of times. :Angry3: Thats the bad part about being a girl <<giggle>> ya want to look nice and have new stuff when you are around people, but its not easy finding it.

Lets face it for me at least this is a rough time of the year. They are putting spring fashions out in the stores here in Atlanta. But I rarely wear sleeveless stuff or short sleeves. Gotta cover my big arms at least to the elbow.

Oh well...sorry for my little bitch session....might have to sneak back out and go to the Mall tonight. Expensive but I usually find something there at Macys.

Hugs

Deidra

Holly
02-22-2007, 01:40 PM
Wow, someone else who likes Steinmart! Sorry about not finding anything, Deidra. But then again, it's the shopping that is fun, not the acquisition!:heehee:

marie354
02-22-2007, 01:40 PM
I have times like that too. Don't worry, I'm sure you'll find something to wear. Maybe one of the stores will have a winter clearance sale.

Deidra Cowen
02-22-2007, 01:45 PM
Wow, someone else who likes Steinmart! Sorry about not finding anything, Deidra. But then again, it's the shopping that is fun, not the acquisition!:heehee:

Steinmart is great...LOL...most the time! And cheap!!!!

Marie..they had winter clearance going on...but you know it seems big sizes I can wear L or XL depending on the brand are the first ones to go. Seems like there are always tons of small and medium things hanging up on those racks. :Angry3:

But i will find something I am sure...might even run to the thrift store but they close so early might have to do that SAT.

marie354
02-22-2007, 01:53 PM
I know what you mean Deidra, 12's are getting tight on me. I guess the mfgr's are making 12's a 10 now.... teeheehee

finacarina
02-22-2007, 02:02 PM
Oh well...sorry for my little bitch session....might have to sneak back out and go to the Mall tonight. Expensive but I usually find something there at Macys.

Hugs

Deidra

No need to apologize Deidra I feel ya!

Jesse69
02-22-2007, 02:03 PM
Deidra - I hate Old Navy and Gap. Fot Atlanta, I love Dilliards and Macys.

Marie354 - you might be gaining weight. To me, mfg are making 4's like 6's. You got my last email?

Karren H
02-22-2007, 02:11 PM
Well you always look soo good in anything you wear so take an old top and skirt, add an new belt or scarf... Cute hat maybe and no one will know the difference!! Except you!! Lol

Karren

SherriePall
02-22-2007, 02:48 PM
And how comes when I go shopping there's never anything left on sale but larges and extra larges?
There must be a conspiracy somewhere, Deidra.

Tina B.
02-22-2007, 02:51 PM
I feel your pain, I hate comming home empty handed, but I have to agree with Karen, sometimes, if you can't find that skirt and top, new accessories can make an old outfit new again. I just got a conch belt, and it seems to dress up stuff I was really tired of, well that and a new hat!
Tina B.

RobertaFermina
02-22-2007, 03:43 PM
Tired of my 'old' stuff....Dear Dear !

That hasn't happened to me yet. I just want to be fair and give everything a wearing before I repeat.

I'm not looking forward to being "weary, wearing that same #!@$** dress."

Hope a new dress steals your heart without stealing your life savings !

:hugs: Roberta :rose:

Wendy me
02-22-2007, 03:52 PM
i hate not finding anything out shopping ... and empty handed going home is not fun ..... i love the clearance racks ... i can squeeze in a 8/9 bot a 10 is comfy ...... shop on....

Deidra Cowen
02-22-2007, 04:47 PM
I know what you mean Deidra, 12's are getting tight on me. I guess the mfgr's are making 12's a 10 now.... teeheehee

LOL silly girl.

Well you always look soo good in anything you wear so take an old top and skirt, add an new belt or scarf... Cute hat maybe and no one will know the difference!! Except you!! Lol Karren

Thanks for the compliment Karren and thats a good idea about the belt or scarf...hmmm but don't have a hat.

And how comes when I go shopping there's never anything left on sale but larges and extra larges?
There must be a conspiracy somewhere, Deidra.

Quit bragging you little skinny thing! :Angry3: :D

Tired of my 'old' stuff....Dear Dear !

That hasn't happened to me yet. I just want to be fair and give everything a wearing before I repeat.

I'm not looking forward to being "weary, wearing that same #!@$** dress."

Hope a new dress steals your heart without stealing your life savings !

:hugs: Roberta :rose:

Thanks sweetie...but yeah I have worn everything that fits me right now a bunch of times. But I will find something ..or just go with jeans.

i hate not finding anything out shopping ... and empty handed going home is not fun ..... i love the clearance racks ... i can squeeze in a 8/9 bot a 10 is comfy ...... shop on....

Uh oh another evil little skinny girl!!! :Angry3: :D But yes its no fun not finding anything babe.

Wendy me
02-22-2007, 05:21 PM
funny thing i found more that i wanted to buy when i was size 16 than now... seams the more i lose the fusser i am at shopping.... when in doubt buy shoes...

Christina Nicole
02-22-2007, 08:02 PM
Sleeveless can be made to work. Just add a light jacket, cardigan, or gauzy or lacy top over your outfit. There's a lot of very lightweight things you can get to throw over an outfit. Doing so also makes the outfit more interesting since you can select complementary colors and brighten things up. Accessorizing is fun!

Warm regards,

Angie G
02-22-2007, 08:21 PM
Deidra bummer hun well luck at the mall :hugs:
Angie

Karren H
02-22-2007, 08:55 PM
No hats??? I think that's aginst the rules?? hehe

Karren