PDA

View Full Version : Out dressed and the car breaks down...

Kali
02-22-2007, 03:08 PM
I took myself out to lunch today in my undercover femme look (lipstick, womens blouse & jeans, stockings, boots, bra, forms) under a light womens windbraker. Don't have to deal with anyone for an extended period of time, and folks just seem to gloss over what I'm wearing. Went to a local diner and enjoyed my lunch; no one ever seems to notice me; I think they just see the face and my size and ignore the rest.

Anyway I go back out to the car and it won't start; click-thunk sounds and it will crank but not turn over. My regular mechanic is across the street, so I grab a big sweatshirt out of the car and walk on obver. By now it's starting to rain. He can take the car but doesn't do towing, so I call AAA and wait in the car for an hour, punctuated by a run to the bathroom in the diner). Of course its now pouring rain.

Guy comes and hooks up the car tows me across the street. Mechanic takes the car into his shop and drives me home.

I spent this whole time internally panicking that they see the stockings between the jeans and my shoes, the shape of my chest with the forms on them, notice that the shirt buttons the wrong way, etc., etc. Remember I'm not at all passable.

No one seem to notice; no one commented on anything.

Now that I'm home I just had to put on a cute skirt, blouse, and heels, jewelry and makeup, just to relax :)

RobertaFermina
02-22-2007, 03:37 PM
Relax Kali,

You've been through a lot, even if you were not "undercover."
Hope folks *are* too busy with their own concerns to use their acute normal, and xray vision.
Enjoy your "relax", and count your blessings.

:rose: Roberta :rose:

linnea
02-22-2007, 03:49 PM
I have often thought that people are far less observant than we think they are about things that we might feel some self-consciousness. Not only do people what they're looking for (whether it's there or not) but they also don't do too well to see what really is there, even if they are trying.
Nonetheless, I would being worrying about the same thing if I had been in your shoes. I was stopped by the state patrol because my car had a headlight out. I was dressed, made-up--the whole deal. He didn't say a word, except for the usual required questions. He was very friendly and did not seem phased in the least about my appearance. I'm sure that he noticed, of course, because he had to look at my driver's license, but he just carried out the stop as usual (he may have laughed his head off after I left, for all I know).
I'm glad that your lunch wasn't completely spoiled by the car trouble and the rain. I would not have the nerve to do what you did so close to home.
Thanks for sharing your story.

amanda barber
02-22-2007, 03:51 PM
Guy comes and hooks up the car tows me across the street. Mechanic takes the car into his shop and drives me home.

I spent this whole time internally panicking that they see the stockings between the jeans and my shoes, the shape of my chest with the forms on them, notice that the shirt buttons the wrong way, etc., etc. Remember I'm not at all passable.

Only 1 on 20 people will notice the way something buttons, only 1 in 50 know what it means if they do notice. The wrecker guy was to busy wondering if he can get away without a dolly and saftey chains while he just tugs you across the street in the rain. Your driver/mechanic probably wondered why you didn't have socks on in the rain. LOL

Wendy me
02-22-2007, 03:54 PM
lol when you lest expect it something always happens...........

SANDRA MICHELLE
02-22-2007, 03:59 PM
People do notice I think more than you might think but I think that most are discreet enough to not make any stupid comments to you, since it is none of there business and you are not doing anything wrong. Also your mechanic probably needs your business and the tow guy is probably a neanderthal and the restaraunt wants you back no matter what you are wearing. Go out en-femm and enjoy, most everyone you meet will respect your choice and be good about it and the ones that don't are not worth your tiome anyway

Tina B.
02-22-2007, 04:07 PM
People do notice I think more than you might think but I think that most are discreet enough to not make any stupid comments to you, since it is none of there business and you are not doing anything wrong. Also your mechanic probably needs your business and the tow guy is probably a neanderthal and the restaraunt wants you back no matter what you are wearing. Go out en-femm and enjoy, most everyone you meet will respect your choice and be good about it and the ones that don't are not worth your tiome anyway

I must protest on behalf of tow truck drivers, jsut because a guy gets his hands dirty to make a living does not make him a neanderthal, but then I guess everyone makes snap judgements on people even if they should know better.

Any good lawyer will tell you, you can't trust an eyewittness, people will see what the expect to see, and no two will see it the same.

Karren H
02-22-2007, 05:13 PM
You must own an American car!!! My crappy luck I never have fun like that... My 3 Toyota's never break down!! And my Ford Ranger is new... So I can only hope the the Ford goes down hill fast... Hehe

lol when you lest expect it something always happens...........

Sooo when you least expect it... Expect it?? :)

Love Karren

Tamera
02-22-2007, 05:25 PM
Just a thought!

It's not uncommon for people to not notice the clothes one may be wearing. So many times threads are posted for fear that one may see what one is wearing when they go out.

This is a very UNobservant society we live in.

If people were more observant(INCLUDING OUR OWN GOVERNMENT) we would never have had 911.

People can rob a store and no one can remember what the person was wearing or what he looked like.
AMAZING!!!!!!
Tamera

Kali
02-22-2007, 06:03 PM
You must own an American car!!! My crappy luck I never have fun like that... My 3 Toyota's never break down!! And my Ford Ranger is new... So I can only hope the the Ford goes down hill fast... Hehe

Sooo when you least expect it... Expect it?? :)

Love Karren

229,000 miles on a 99 GMC Yukon. I was planning on dropping it off for the annual state inspection this evening. Other than the starter all it needed to pass inspection was a light bulb. I don't have too much of an issue replacing a not too expensive component at almost a quarter million miles. Until Toyota released the Armada, they didn't have an SUV that suited my needs.

And the tow truck driver was very pleasant, suggesting I just sit in the cab of his truck rather than waiting in the rain while he loaded it on his rollback.

Christina Nicole
02-22-2007, 07:57 PM
Cars break down? My last two Lincolns had over a quarter million miles before I traded them in. Yes, the dealer took a trade and sold them to a limo company who put another 100,000 on them. Never had a break down in over 20 years of driving. You need to take better care of your cars, especially if you are going out as a woman.

The personal safety of women is at a disadvantage if she's stuck somewhere. I imagine it would be worse to be discovered to be a guy in drag after the vultures have one encircled.

Warm regards,

Angie G
02-22-2007, 08:28 PM
Kali (Allways carry some drab stuff when driving it's needed for time like this :hugs:
Angie

Melinda G
02-22-2007, 08:44 PM
Well girls, you know the old saying. "If it's got tits or wheels, it's gonna give you trouble". Plan accordingly.:D

Kali
02-22-2007, 09:02 PM
I always carry an extra pair of boys shoes and coat... some baby wipes and makeup remover... just in case. It gives me a sense of security!

I usually have a change of clothes in the car, just on general principle, along with the heavy sweatshirt, but I had just cleaned stuff out and was only going a mile from home. I would have walked home and changed, but it started pouring torrentially, courtesy of Mr. Murphy I presume.

princessmichelle
02-22-2007, 09:11 PM
Kali,

At first I was going to write --"What a nightmare, Kali!"-- and you do have my sympathy. And bad luck about the rain, but--it's just rain.

On the big stuff: you made it home ok, no one commented on your cding, good for you. All in all it could have been worse.
You made it through.
Kind of gives a girl hope.

Michelle

saramoore
02-22-2007, 09:26 PM
I'm sorry to hear that you had to go through something like that. I know how it feel i once locked myself out of the car and had to call CAA.

Sara

Butterfly Bill
02-22-2007, 10:29 PM
Kali (Allways carry some drab stuff when driving it's needed for time like this

I don't care if anyone sees me in a dress because I'm out, but I still carry a pair of old pants and a a shirt in the box i keep my jack in so I don't get automotive goop on my nice rayons if I ever have to do some roadside repairs. Its real easy to change from skirt to pants, just pull one up and then the other down and nobody sees any body parts that might get you arrested.

karynspanties
02-23-2007, 06:35 AM
229,000 miles on a 99 GMC Yukon. I was planning on dropping it off for the annual state inspection this evening. Other than the starter all it needed to pass inspection was a light bulb. I don't have too much of an issue replacing a not too expensive component at almost a quarter million miles. Until Toyota released the Armada, they didn't have an SUV that suited my needs.

And the tow truck driver was very pleasant, suggesting I just sit in the cab of his truck rather than waiting in the rain while he loaded it on his rollback.

Nissan has the Armada, not Toyota.

GinaVegas
02-23-2007, 08:22 AM
That was a close one Kali!

stacie
02-23-2007, 09:43 AM
Oh yes, It has happen to me before. I even wrote a blog on it.

Rachel Morley
02-23-2007, 10:32 AM
My regular mechanic is across the street, so I grab a big sweatshirt out of the car and walk on over.
Thank God you had that "boy bag"! Lucky for me whenever I go out dressed I'm always with my wife so I don't have any male clothes with me as she is my "safety net".

It must have been a nightmare. Thank God nothing bad happened and no one noticed your "bumps" under your clothes.

Now that I'm home I just had to put on a cute skirt, blouse, and heels, jewelry and makeup, just to relax :)
Ah yes, perfect! Girly dressing in the safety of your own home. It sometimes takes guts to be a crossdresser out in public whether you're in full dress or partial dress.

MsJanessa
02-23-2007, 04:15 PM
hon your post goes to show what I've long suspected---the average person on the street just doesn't care how we are dressed

Kali
02-23-2007, 04:33 PM
hon your post goes to show what I've long suspected---the average person on the street just doesn't care how we are dressed

In my usual male attire I often wear t-shirts with outright S&M messages. Every now and then they get a reaction. Met a nice sub that way ;)

Tasha Meredith
02-23-2007, 08:17 PM
I always carry boys clothes as a backup for that reason. It takes away a little of the thrill, I'll give you that. But the risk and anxiety won't play on my mind while I could be enjoying myself.

Mikey
02-23-2007, 08:30 PM
I worked security for over 12 years, people are not really observant when it comes to descriptions. If you were wearing a dress then maybe someone would have noticed but since you were wearing pants and a shirt, that is all the other people noticed. I takes someting really out of the ordinary to make the average person notice small details. I interviewed someone who was robbed at gunpoint and all they could remember was the gun pointed at them. They did not see the person pointing it.

cindychan
02-23-2007, 08:44 PM
One day I was driving home from work and I saw a car brokedown with the emergency lights on. As I was driving closer to the car a large beared man wearing a blackdress and high heels came out of the car. I thought that was strange that he had a beard , but this guy was like over 6'2 easily. I always wondered what his situation was attired like that.

Sierra Evon
02-23-2007, 08:53 PM
had a similiar situation happen to me last December , thats when my cars transmition went out on me , at the time I was wearing a pleeted skirt , but was able to make it home in a low gear , going about 5 mph , I did'nt care if anyone seen me that was the least of my probs , just was upset & :Angry3: , at the cost to have repairs done , those mechanics at those shops like to take advantage of girls in distress,,,,,,,but luckily I know a thing or two about cars , soo it was all good ,,,,,,,:dom: :doh:

michellebesweet
02-23-2007, 11:46 PM
I loved your story, very cute, worked out great for you.

kristytv
02-24-2007, 12:39 AM
karen, i have to scold you, the ranger will outlive your toyotas, the whole japenesse is better thing is really a farse , they are no better than american cars . and oh btw , my cougar cracked the block/crank while i was enfemme. luckily ,i had change of clothes in the car, and i am friends with the girl who towed me home.

Billijo49504
02-24-2007, 12:48 AM
My wife's Cavaleir is a 97 and has a lot of miles and still going strong. But that is a GM product, not a Ford product, Karren....BJ

Kristen Kelly
02-24-2007, 04:11 AM
I broke down years ago before I was out. Would go for late night rides and broke down a few blocks from my house in the center of the road, had to have it flatbedded home, rode in the cab with the driver.

Billie Renee
02-24-2007, 10:55 AM
Well it happens from time to time I know I drive a tow truck and I see a lot but so does my customers when I pull up and get out to hook up their cars enfemme. Do this on a daily basis and one guy even gave me a hug and told me how nice I looked for a tow truck driver.:D

amanda barber
02-24-2007, 12:43 PM
Everything breaks down at some point. Toyota powered GMs, Mazda trucks labeled as Fords are the same as the "more reliable" japanese versions.

Know what you drive, know its weak points and what is a high wear item for it and keep an eye on it. Most breakdowns are simple tire, fuse/relay issues or a small part you should have onboard. actuall hard part breakage is very uncommon and large components give you lots of warning signs before they go.

Niya W
02-24-2007, 01:41 PM
A few years back there was a group of girls going to an even called cotilion. Its an formal event for TG's. The decided to take a limo up and have fun. Well just as soon as the limo cross they bay bridge it broke down. TO make things worse for a few girls it was their first time out in public.

kristytv
02-24-2007, 07:15 PM
Everything breaks down at some point. Toyota powered GMs, Mazda trucks labeled as Fords are the same as the "more reliable" japanese versions.

Know what you drive, know its weak points and what is a high wear item for it and keep an eye on it. Most breakdowns are simple tire, fuse/relay issues or a small part you should have onboard. actuall hard part breakage is very uncommon and large components give you lots of warning signs before they go.

you mean the fords labeled as mazd'as, the exceptions being the escape and the edge . which are still 100 ford designed with a mazda chassis