PDA

View Full Version : Leg shaving

Jill
05-29-2004, 09:08 AM
I have shaved my legs twice, the past two winters. It's a huge pain, and you neve realize how much hair is actually on your legs until you try to get rid of it. What a pain! Not to mention I have myself a huge cut on my heel that bled forever. But oh what a feeling when I slip into some pantyhose. I thought my legs look good in hose before, but when they are shaved. Wow! I kind of wish I could do it year round, but I am way too afraid of being outed. Does anyone keep their leg shaved all the time?

CDKathy
05-29-2004, 09:40 AM
Hi Jill,

Yup it is a big pain, just ask any GG. :D

Actually, I haven't been keeping mine shaved either. Sort of goes along with keeping my beard for nearly 20 years. Just never liked shaving, PERIOD! :mad:

However, I have shed the body hair from time to time over the years and, believe me, I am one hairy beast.

Now I seem to have turned a page in the book of life and am starting a new chapter. Especially since finding this site.

I just went through this so here's what I did...

When I do the initial hair removal process, I go out to the local drug store and pick up a bottle of Nair hair remover. I haven't tried the new Nair for Men but you might not get the funny looks if you buy that instead. Anyway, I follow the instructions for removing stubborn hair and have myself a good soak in the tub. Warm water, not hot. Softens the hair and feels good too. Then I get out, towel off and apply the Nair, starting at my feet and working my way all the way to my neck. Then I wait until just short of the maximum time in the instructions and start the shower running. Again, warm not hot. Then, in the shower, I just use a soft wash cloth to just wipe the hair away.

Now, this isn't a perfect solution for me as it tends to leave a bit of stubble behind. Maybe the Men's version would work better. What I do next is to wait a couple of days. The remaining stubble is a bit of a pain but I just bear with it. Then, as I just did this morning in fact, I have another soak in the tub. Then using my lady's razor and shaving gel, while still in the tub, I go over everything. Stubble is gone and I'm feeling smooth as silk. :D And, from now on, I intend to keep it that way.

Now it is just a matter of maintenance which only entails the last bit. Who out there doesn't enjoy a good soak in the tub? I feel sorry for those who only have a shower. :(

CindyT
05-29-2004, 12:30 PM
Yes it IS a pain but it's well worth it! I just used a razor after soaking in the tubby for a while. I use regular hand soap and a triple edge razor. What I found works good is to keep the razor against your skin in both directions, so on the return stroke it pulls the hair back out of the razor.
My Biggest problem is getting those little ingrown hairs a day or two after! Looks like a bunch of little pimples :( But if you can keep a good lotion on and take a long bath each day or so it helps quite a bit! I shaved my chest and it gets itchy once in a while but it's getting better now! :p

CharlotteSomers
05-29-2004, 12:35 PM
I wish I could keep my legs shaved all the time, but I live in Florida and wear shorts every day. Even in the winter.

I've only shaved twice but I loved it and loved the way my legs looked in black hose when they were shaved. I can't wait to do it again sometime.

VanessaCD
05-29-2004, 02:03 PM
I hear that Charlotte. My being in Florida also, relates to wearing shorts most of the time..What stops me from shaving all the time is definitly the bumps that show after a day or two... It gets to look so bad. Like I have been attacked by a swarm of fire-ants or something.. I think if I was ever lucky enough to find a CD party locally, I would surely shave all over again for the look... One trick I have found, is if you keep your hair trimmed very short, almost stubbly, and keep your body well tanned, it gives a great illusion of smoothness. I am working on that again now...

Why are there so many CD's in Tampa? Some girls have all the luck ;)

Julie
05-29-2004, 05:15 PM
I'm preparing for a big weekend in a couple of weeks and the clothes I have require a shaved body. Since I'm a swimmer I can use that as an excuse. What I have done recently is use the sideburns trimmer on my electric shaver to cut back the hairs to about 1/4 their original length. Next on the agenda is to tan the skin. Something about tanned skin that seems to hide the lack of hair. In less than 2 weeks my skin will be as barren as the Sahara.

Imaging how much faster I will be in the pool! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/18/18_4_100v.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001)

Julie

Sabryana
05-29-2004, 08:51 PM
I read this somewhere but have not tried it so cannot vouce for its effectiveness. Was mentioned that if you add 1/2 cup of baking soda to a warm bath and soak in it for 10-15min that it will soften the hairs and make shaving easier. Personally I have turned to waxing since it really didnt hurt to me even with really hairy legs. Supposedly after several times your hair gets to begins to come in much finer instead grow faster and get darker like shaving does. Certain body washes also help to keep ingrown hairs away.

Marissa_CD
05-30-2004, 12:49 AM
I started the same way, shaving only in the winter scared to death of someone noticing. I think my biggest fear was my dad seeing. He has always seen me as his perfect masculine son and when he noticed and asked why I shaved my legs and I simply anserwed honesestly "Because I like it better" I got over the fear of people noticing. I now shave year round and besides my dad noticing almost 3 years ago and my sister saying somthing one time no one has ever really said one word. I guess what I am saying is now days I think you can pretty much get away with it without having to come up with any real convincing "excuse".......I mean you dont have to mention to anyone how incredible your legs look and feel after a good clean shave wearing a pair of stockings or pantyhose. As far as the pain in the ass issue, I have noticed (I shave standing in a cubicle shower) that shaving has become a hell of a lot less inconvieniance the more frequent I do it and how often I moistierize. I shave almost everyday, now days using shave minimizing lotion I shave once evey other day now and it has become so quick and easy. I spend ten minutes in the shower shaving counting the time I spend washing the rest of my body. I also should mention I am 6' 1'' tall. I also use the lotion everyday especially right after I shave. Anyway I hope I didnt bore you and I hope I answered your question.
Kisses, Marissa.

KrystynaVA
05-30-2004, 08:26 AM
Not a pain at all any longer. Have been shaving my legs and most everything else blow my eyebrows for many years - started because I bike alot - like the 72 miles I did yesterday.

Bikers shave their legs because it is easier to clean out road rash wounds after a bad fall and because the regular massages any hard riding biker needs is also performed better on shaved legs.

When I first shaved my legs I used the biker's excuse - now after so many years I just say "I like the feel. You ought to shave your legs and see how great it feels."

The other thing is that I dont mind being seen as a little androgenous or even femme in public - I also keep my blond hair rather long and almost always wear gold hoops in my ears (both pierced). But then being gay makes it easier especially in the gay community I live and work in. I really dont have to protect my "masculinity" as much as straight guys have to in the heterosexual community.

Charley

Ted
06-06-2004, 09:43 AM
I have been able to shave my legs only a few times. Because of my work, I cannot shave my legs as I have fitness training in the Army every morning. But I am getting close to retirement in a few years and when that happens, that is one first things I am going to do. It felt great to wear pantyhose with no hair on my legs.

ioanna
06-06-2004, 11:51 AM
I was completely shaved all winter, but, unfortunately, have had to let it grow back for summer...don't want to disappoint my family and relatives.
I love the feeling of being smooth, and it looks better, imo.

Elinor
06-06-2004, 11:57 AM
I too used to shave my legs about three years ago. Smooth legs are cool, a slip and skirt feels better more feminine. If it feels good then it is good. Live life enjoy life. :D

Rachel_740
06-06-2004, 12:22 PM
Hi Girls,

I've been shaving for a few weeks now (all over), but tonight I've gone a stage further - got all excited & waxed my legs. Very impressed at the results too (although I've still got to learn to do it right, it all takes time). It didn't hurt as much as I expected either :)

diane
06-06-2004, 06:34 PM
One of the trends in body building is to shave your entire body to show off your muscles better. If you want to shave just tell them you are lifting weights.

I actually started working out for that reason ... what can I say?

Suzzie
06-06-2004, 08:11 PM
Hello gang,

I shave my pits, private area up to my belly button and my upper legs every two days. I like to becauce I have to stay on top of it. If not, the hairs are too long and tougher to shave. This makes it easier and I can wear baggy shorts any time of the year and still wear my short shorts around the house. The lifting of weights thing sounds very interesting, but I don't want to let my upper body get too big. I like a toned body that's tanned and hairless. Just wish lots more people would do it.

Love Suzzie :p

Cheri K
06-06-2004, 08:20 PM
Its just a dream for me to be able to shave my legs. God how Id love too. Maybe someday.....

Abraxas
06-06-2004, 10:20 PM
I think everybody should shave their legs. I love when men shave their legs, whether they are CD/ TV or not. I don't think most people look twice about it; lots of bikers, swimmers, bodybuilders, etc. do it... Many men have very little or very fine hair anyway.
Nothing wrong with it.

Stelli
06-06-2004, 11:39 PM
I use to shave my legs in winter (for very practical reasons and that of being able to wear wool pantyhose - I am sensitive on cold - health wise and helps me a lot if I can keep my legs warm) but now I keep it almost all the time winter and summer. And I do not care much what someone thinks of me as regards to that. There are men that do not have too much of body hair anyway.... So I do not see it as very big deal.

Vaxing is much better than shaving, longer lasting results, but shaving or vaxing nevertheles if you have a lot of body hair that you need to use moisturizers. Hair actually helps skin to have some kind of natural lubrication.

But, this is not the reason I wanted to reply here. The reason why I wished to reply here is that in old greek times everyone shaved complete body !!!! It is this understanfing of this civilisation that masculine means having hairy body. For old greeks it was shape and abilities rather than body hair.....

Anyhow I think there's hardly better feeling of having legs hair removed after some time having it hairy. I feel lighter and more skin sensitive. That is so great. Once you keep them hair free at all times your skin get somewhat numbed to touch.... I wish I can shave it every day as it would be the first time!

pedebra
06-07-2004, 03:23 AM
I kept my legs shaved for almost two years. I found that if I touched up in the shower every day as I shaved the rest of my body, it was almost no
trouble: only a couple of minutes added to shower time. The feeling of the
smooth skin under panty hose or stockings was well worth the effort. One time a golfing friend asked if I shaved my legs; I said yes and nothing else was brought up again.

JustmeBear
06-07-2004, 04:14 AM
I have two words EPIL STOP..

I bought it for my girlfriend and before I gave it to her I tried it out myself..the hair on my arm is still gone :p

maidtina
06-08-2004, 06:28 AM
I shave my legs twice a week. If you keep on top of it
it doesn't take long.

I wear shorts in the summer and have never had a comment,
my hair is naturally fair and I don't think many people are
that observant.

makalya
06-08-2004, 09:03 AM
Hi Jill,

Nice legs!

Just like some of the other Florida girls in here I have the, 'always in shorts' delima and have not found the courage to shave and deal with the opinions of others. Some day I'll get on with it and take the step of shaving that I have longed to do for so long.

I want to thank all of the respondents to your question as thier experiences have helped pave the way for me.

thanks again,
Makalya

Sabryana
06-08-2004, 04:49 PM
Took Abraxas' advice and tried the Epil Stop stuff and its been a waste of $15 for me. Have used it 2 days in a row and still only removed half of the hair. Instructions say not to leave it on for more than 8 minutes before removing so I have tried to stay around that timeframe but it barely removes any hair each time. Not saying that it doesnt work but for me I just dont feel its been effective. Trial and error.

diane
06-08-2004, 06:39 PM
I find a good triple bladed razor and a good gel shave cream work well for the legs ...

Ted
06-09-2004, 06:54 PM
Haven't been able to shave my legs in a loooong time. Mostly because I returned to the military for employment. Secondly, because I am a very hairy guy, and thirdly, I am trying to repair my marriage with my wife. She says she likes the hair and got pissed last time I shave them.

But when I retire! look out.....

Ted
06-09-2004, 06:56 PM
famous last words: "I can swim!"

glub glub ;)

wannaplay502000
06-09-2004, 09:20 PM
I shave every day. I tried shaving thrice before and found it a pain and all the other negatives that have been posted. This last time I have maintained clean shaven legs to my waist for over 2 years now. I love how it feels to slip into a pair of jeans with silky smooth legs and then jump on my Harley and ride into the wind. A very sharp razor and good shave lather will give you the best shave. Keeping the razor on your skin both directions is excellent to clean the blade. DO NOT shave one area over and over trying to get it perfect, it will only create rash and ingrown hairs. It takes a while to learn to shave closely, as it did with our faces which we will always nick or cut occasionally but I think that it is well worth the way it feels and the way it looks, especially in heels. Be careful.

Karenscott
06-09-2004, 11:31 PM
New girl here,, this is my first post! HOOOORAY !!!! Anyway,,, I've kept my entire body shaved for almost 20 years now. At first I got a few odd looks and questions,,, ( still do, but much less). I just told them that I hate body hair. That satisfied most people. I even go on my boat in just shorts now. Eventually it all dies down. I dont even think about shaving anymore. I shave every day and it just seems automatic. Other people dont have to know the intense pleasure I (we) experience slipping my freshly shaved legs into a pair of stockings , ( and women actually BITCH about wearing hose !) My chest is also shaved clean which makes my bras (which I wear every day) look better. Hairy guys in bras just dont do it for me. Basicly, do what you are comfortable with,,, most of the looks and questions die off quickly,, and you can be who you want to be.

Lee
06-09-2004, 11:55 PM
Karenscott,come on in and joint the fun.One BIG happy family.
I like the feeling of smooth legs.The way the wind feels,when it blows up my skirt!Hope you enjoy the forum.

Amy
06-10-2004, 06:34 PM
I just shaved my legs for the first time a couple of days ago and what a pain. I always thought girls were lucky they didn't haveto shave there face but I really think guys got the better deal. But I kind of like how the feel. I keep rubbing my legs against each other like a cricket. They look pretty good too except there white as ghosts. But this morning I had all these red spots and they itch. what's up with that.
Amy

Cathe TV
06-10-2004, 07:39 PM
I agree with Diane. These days most guys in there 20's-30's either shave their bodies, or because of athletics simply have no hair. From taping ankles to wearing close fitting pants, hair gets removed and doesn't grow back. I barely have to touch my legs from years of taping and tight pants rubbing the hair off. To make sure nothing is left I use a barbers TRIM sheer with a super close cutting head.

Arms are a different matter, but I cover that because the meds I take for cholesterol make areas covered with hair itchy! So out comes the barbers sheer again - hair gone - and so many people have the same reaction to statins it doesn't raise eyebrows. Chest is covered to - I'm not very hairy to start with but I wear nitroglycerin patches and they need to be in a different place each day - so hair has to go so they stick. Jusdt a bonus for having heart problems:)

I would bet anyone could use those excuses without any problems whatsoever. Try it!

CDKathy
06-11-2004, 06:15 AM
But this morning I had all these red spots and they itch. what's up with that.
Amy

Ah, the dreded ingrown hair. :( First few times you shave these can be a problem 'till your skin gets used to being shaved. I use a good Aloe lotion right after shaving and then morning and night each day. It helps keep things soft and reduces the itching.

Shaving is a pain at first, but once you get into a routine, the end result is well worth the effort. ;)

elizabethb1
06-14-2004, 10:38 AM
I must be very fortunate bcause I don't reallly to shave my legs everyday. I have been accused of shaving my legs because iI have very little hair on them. For some reason the men in my family loose the hair off their legs as they grow older. I can go a long time before I have to shave and only in spots. So my legs are very smooth and soft. My wife says I have very beautiful legs and wish her's were like mine. She does not know that I crossdress. I have appoach about wearing her panties, but she not really for it. hugs and kisses Sexy :) :)

Xdresser824
06-14-2004, 01:13 PM
i shave all year round my legs are long and tan and i love to show them off.

KittyMuffin
06-14-2004, 07:00 PM
I shave my legs in the shower and let it go down the drain. I do it there because if I do it anywhere else I might get caught. Fortunately my mom does it there too so if the drain gets clogged no fingers will point at me! :D

Dawnn
06-14-2004, 08:57 PM
Ive been shaving my body at least once a week (my arms every other day :( )for many years and it hasn't bothered me for years. Ive tried wax, and sometimes still do for long trips. As for being caught, most people don't notice and for the people that do, I just tell them I hate my hair and they never ask twice. I also have long brown hair about 3 to 4 inches past my shoulders. I wouldn't have it any other way because it feeeeeeeels sooooo gooooood. :p

Germaine
06-16-2004, 01:19 AM
I have been shaving everything for months now and I have the whole process down to about 25 minutes and it last for about two maybe three days and my girlfriend loves it. I am a member of the reserves and no one in the unit even noticed even after training and the shower room...So I say dont sweat it...if you are nervous to do it then I think the ones that would say anything are nervous to look...It is wonderful

jenny_k78
06-16-2004, 01:42 AM
I have not shaved my legs yet, but am working toward trying it out. I have shaved my lower area and my chest and the sensation is unbelievable. I think I might wait until summer is over and we return to cooler weather to shave my legs. My brother would notice and I don't want to have to make a cover story to tell him as he really looks up to me.

PaulaMea
06-16-2004, 09:05 AM
Shaved legs....the first time I shaved my legs I couldn't believe how wonderful it felt. Then, I slipped on my best silk thigh highs and it just got better. So, I went nuts and shaved everything, it took a lot of effort (stating the obvious). Anyhow, my wife loved the legs shaved but my bare chest and pits freaked her out. Especially when I did the tape cleavage trick. So, the chest is now grown in (no plunging necklines for me). I keep legs shaved throughout the winter and give it a break over summer (shorts and swimming) to avoid the questions. Thighs to belly button stay hair free all year. One thing I have found to avoid the ingrown hair bumps is to exfoliate every day with a luffa or scratchy sponge in the shower. After, I use an astringent and follow that with lotion. I've found that if I shave every day or every other, I never have bumps. If I go a couple of weeks then shave, it almost unavoidable.

P

shinytight
06-21-2004, 11:12 PM
NAIR for men is great....
I always use it before shaving, as it greatly reduces the time and amount of shaving I have to do.

Cant wait tilll summer is over cause I cant shave below my thighs because of shorts in the hot NY summers...

Tristen Cox
06-22-2004, 02:51 AM
I agree that it's a lot of work. So I cut down the maintenance and shave every other day. Waiting just makes more work. If I can, I wear pantie hose that cover up to my waist under my 'other' clothes. Pants during the day and 6" pumps and fishnet at night.:D

jessicadiane
06-22-2004, 02:43 PM
I shave my legs every week so I can have nice legs in pantyhose.It usually only takes a week to get a tiny bit prickily and so that is usually when I shave. I cut my legs pretty good the first time I started shaving them about 5 years ago.But now I am a pro at it and get them silky smooth although like any other girl, I still get nicks :p

Bernadina
06-22-2004, 06:43 PM
I keep my legs shaved all the time. Even in the summer. I don't think anyone notices when I'm wearing shorts. And if they do -- so what? - Dina

kay_cd
06-22-2004, 08:12 PM
I too shave from the neck down.
Who wants to have hair on their bods?
My legs are much more shaved than my wifes.
Nipples tooo although she does not need to deal with that.
underarms are a must for me.

Starluscious
06-22-2004, 09:45 PM
;) Charlotte Summers you have some sexy looking legs. and a beautiful body. Let us get to be friends. I love crossdressing as well. I shaved my legs weeks ago and hair hasn't grown much. not telling my secret of how I did it. then all the ladies would copy me. I'm being original somehow. wouldn't you luscious ladies like to know how* ;) *Muahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh* to you all. Looking good gals. see you later. I gotta go talk to my friend Daisy now. it's been a while.

Love Starluscious aka Dan

Darby
06-22-2004, 09:46 PM
Shaving, I try to keep the legs cleaned up but I suppose I'm lucky... really light colored hair on my legs so whether I shave or not it's hard to see the hair. I do have to say though, pantyhose and stocking sure do feel better with newly shaven legs! It's one AM and just thinking about it makes me want to jump in the shower but my wife would have something to say about that!

kay_cd
06-22-2004, 09:57 PM
Darby, go lo carb for a few and treat your wife like the queen she is!
Flowers for her, the dishes, and much more

DebbiAnne
10-29-2004, 09:09 PM
I bought one too, but haven't had a chance to try it...I like the results...LOL

Samantha_Atlanta
10-30-2004, 01:14 AM
I have shaved my body over the years and now keep it shaved all the time. I absolutely agree, the feeling of no hair is ,without a doubt soo sensual :)

Sharon
10-30-2004, 01:27 AM
I shave autumn and winter, but let the hair grow back for shorts season. I have light growth, so once or twice a week is enough. I love soaking in a bubble bath on a cold night, shaving all over and spoiling myself, being as far removed from my "real" life as possible for an hour or two. Then I generously apply lotion to make my legs feel as good as I pretend they look.

lonontop
10-30-2004, 07:34 AM
Im going to either shave or wax my whole body from now on. Sound like smooth skin under hose is just great, can wait. How long does the hair take too grow back after a wax?

Victoria Pink
10-30-2004, 08:58 AM
Just shaved mine for the first time and I agree with the posts. What a sensational feeling!

Victoria

Stephanie Brooks
10-30-2004, 10:17 AM
I shave autumn and winter, but let the hair grow back for shorts season. I have light growth, so once or twice a week is enough. I love soaking in a bubble bath on a cold night, shaving all over and spoiling myself, being as far removed from my "real" life as possible for an hour or two. Then I generously apply lotion to make my legs feel as good as I pretend they look.
Darlin,

Shorts season is when you need to shave the most! That's the time you can shave and wear nylons in public. :D If you wear the right color hose, your legs from a distance will have the hue associated with hair. No one seems to notice.

I've gone to restaurants that way, and even to the office on Saturdays (though there's almost never anyone here). It is as close as I can get to feeling as though I'm just another girl out in public. It took one summer to stop worrying about being seen that way, but now it's nothing.

Bonnie-OR
10-30-2004, 05:46 PM
Hi All, read some of this thread the other day, and made up my mind to try shaving my legs. Now that winter is here and the shorts are stored away, I can give it a try. Wow, now I know what all the girls have been raving about all these years. Bad thing is now all the scars and bruises really show now. Huggs, Bonnie

Sweet Susan
10-30-2004, 05:56 PM
Bonnie, we can't do much about the scars, but you could rub the bruises with vitamin e; it helps ease the discoloration. Nothing like a set of freshly shaved legs. Nothing, nothing, nothing. What you want to do now is go outside and feel the air move over your legs and up and under your skirt. Sensational! :)

christine55
10-30-2004, 07:49 PM
Unless I'm in a lazy mood I usually shave every day. I can feel the stubble a little bit after one day, after two days it is definately scratchy, which most certainly does not feel feminine. Use moisturizer whenever I shave or get dressed. I just dont wear shorts in the summer.
Hugs, Christine

Sara Kat
10-30-2004, 08:26 PM
Well for the past two months I've been shaving my legs about twice a week. This is the first time that I've gone this long staying smooth. Back when I was living at home I couldn't really do it save for once in a very blue moon. I can honestly say that I love it. I never want to go back to being hairy again and I hope that I won't have to, but I still have to be very careful about things being in the military. I still haven't done my whole body though. I started at my feet and have worked my way up to my waist. I just need to get better at it and find the best oils and moisturizers for the best results.

T-girlMichelle
10-30-2004, 09:02 PM
I stumbled upon this site Today while looking for a new Epilator, My Lady Remington that I,ve had for 12 yrs died last nite. :( But I bought a new one Today :D Heres the link, it has tons of Awesome info:

http://www.hairfacts.com/index.html

btw I wax and use an epilator on my legs and the hair does grow out thiner and thiner it just takes years.

Jeannie9
10-30-2004, 09:58 PM
Hello,

The quest for smoothness. I was fortunate to have my wife's permission to go ahead and have laser hair removal done on my legs. I used to have quite hairy legs. Yuk! Now with four treatments done I only need to shave twice a week. I must admit that the treatments are working as I now have large "bald" spots on my legs. Shaving with an electric razor only takes about three minutes in the morning. Will be going for two more when the funds permit.

Off topic. I've also had LHR done on my armpits and the results have been outstanding. If I remember to look for them I have 4-5 hairs there.

You just can't beat the feeling of smooth hair-free legs IMHO.

PS: For those interested you may want to visit hairtell.com or consumerbeware.com both sites offer great advice.

Enjoy!

KittyMuffin
10-30-2004, 10:12 PM
I shave once a month in the shower. Since I crossdress in secret (...parents) I only wear pants, in fact, I don't even own a pair of shorts. Yes it is a pain and it is difficult to achieve without cutting one's self, however, going over it first with an electric razor (the linear section) first makes it easier, of course it takes about twice as long.

I heave heard of sme cream that you rub on and in an hour you wipe it off and the hair comes off with it, either permanently or for a really long time. I haven't really looked into this. Anyone else know of such a product?

Marlene4a
10-30-2004, 10:44 PM
I agree with Diane. While in the shower, I use a good body gel, and shave using this stuff, with a triple blade razor.
Works great.

Jeannie9
10-30-2004, 11:14 PM
Hello KittyMuffin,

I can really relate with you on this one. I only shaved my legs twice when living my parents. The fear of being found out was too great.

As for other products you may want to check out consumerbeware.com for more information.

My understanding is LHR is for the permanent reduction (as per the FDA - Food and Drug Administration). Electrolysis has been proven to be very effective for over 100 years. This method takes alot more time and money.

I hope that you will find a method that will afford you the smoothness that you desire.

As this can be "expensive" please do your research.

Kaye_martin
10-31-2004, 04:28 PM
OK, my turn. I've been shaving my legs, underarms, tummy for the past 4 years and really love the smooth feel and look. I honestly can't stand hair! No big deal with the family or friends either. Shorts?? No problem..... I'm at an age where I just don't give a damn about what anyone thinks :)

Kaye

Aly
10-31-2004, 05:59 PM
(first posting, Hi everyone)
I've been getting my legs waxed every 4 weeks by a profesional beautician for about 4 years. Initial contact was scarey but it's no problem now. Highly recommended, and when I see pictures of myself with hairy legs it looks kinda weird. I swim regurlarly and no-one seems to notice, (except once when I forgot to take my toe-nail varnish off and only noticed in the shower afterwards when a guy stared a lot). Shorts are no problem, I think the only people that notice these things are other TVs

Julie
10-31-2004, 06:02 PM
Welcome Aly, now you've broken your duck I hope you'll post again.

Julie J

Wenda
10-31-2004, 08:52 PM
some very nice legs, ladies! I shave every day, it just seems to be easier and I like the feeling. After the first shave, I was covered in little red bumps. A sales clerk noticed and recommended shaving gel. I have been using Aveena since. Always nice and smooth. Do you really think it would be such a big deal if you wore shorts with shaved legs? A lot of athletes, weight lifters, swimmers, etc shave. wenda.

Bobbie13
10-31-2004, 11:04 PM
Beautiful Shot!!!you Go Girl.yes I Just Shaved From The Waist Down Using Nair & A Razor And Boy What A Feeling...haven't Done This In Years,it Is So Hot...got All Excited Doing It..!!

Sharon
10-31-2004, 11:11 PM
I would love to have my legs waxed. Too much of a coward though, sigh...

LindaTS
11-01-2004, 07:55 AM
I keep my whole body completely shaved all the time. The only person to ever comment on it was a doctor in the ER one time and he asked me about shaving my chest. I just told him that's the way I prefered it. End of conversation. My prime care doctor know's about me though. Linda

Leo
11-01-2004, 12:35 PM
I've been shaving my chest for quite a while and also took a dislike to back/shoulder hair and got rid of that. More recently however, I've taken a liking to shaving my legs all the way. The next time I slipped into stockings, well it was an amazing feeling. They felt closer to my skin than ever before. So for me at least when dressing, shaved is the only way to be. Costs a little more on shaving foam, but it's money well spent.

MelissaMarie
11-01-2004, 01:36 PM
I like to keep everything shaved as much as possible.Nothing to me feels so nice as silky panties and hose on freshly shaved legs and hips. Men just dont realize how much work goes into us girls :) looking good. I bet if all men knew how nice pantihose felt on clean shaven legs razor blade stock would triple!

chocolateboygirl
11-01-2004, 08:09 PM
Ah shaving.. I'm pretty lucky since my racial background means that I'm essentially hairless, except for my pubes, under my arms, small patches on my thighs, and my lower legs.. so shaving in the shower takes all of about 2 or 3 minutes. I even shaved when I was in the Reserves, and if anybody asked, I just had to show them my naturally bald arms and that was the end of discussion (of course, it made women green, with envy, not camoflage!).

Nothing beats a great pair of legs!

cbg

Sweet Susan
11-01-2004, 08:33 PM
Shaving my legs is a daily ritual that is pure pleasure. I love the act of doing it, as well as the result. I'm absolutely smitten with leg shaving...........