PDA

View Full Version : Another small step for JoAnn

JoAnnDallas
02-23-2007, 10:38 AM
This morning was on of those morning where the wife leaves early for water arobics and I have about 1-1.5 hr to dress up before I have to leave for work. Well today I decided to wear a dress and heels, makeup, red lipstick, and wig. Then I decided to take the mail out to the mail box. I have done this many times before, but today after I put the mail in the box and turned around to walk back to the house, there coming up the street was two (2) grade school GIRLS. There is a grade school about 5 blocks from my house. I thought to myself, well no place to hide, just ack natural and walk by them. As I walk toward them, they looked up at me and one of them said "Morning Mam". :eek: Do I say something or what. So I smiled and did a little wave to them, passed on by and up to the house. I did not even look back but I did concentrate to see if I could hear any giggle or talk, but heard nothing. I guess I must have Passed or they will have a nice story to tell thier friends. LOL

marie354
02-23-2007, 11:00 AM
Grade school kids may not feel that there was anything wrong or you passed the "kid test" very well.
Great story! I just love hearing the good things about CDing.

Wenda
02-23-2007, 11:05 AM
Thanks for sharing a neat story. Good for you!

Tina B.
02-23-2007, 11:26 AM
Great way to handle it with kids that young!
Tina B.
and it should have kept you on a pink cloud all day!!!!!!

finacarina
02-23-2007, 12:44 PM
As I walk toward them, they looked up at me and one of them said "Morning Mam". :eek:

Elementary school aged kids saying "morning mam". Now thats a surprise. Must be all in where you live.

SherriePall
02-23-2007, 12:51 PM
Congratulations, JoAnn. Sounds like you passed your grade school test.

steffie39
02-23-2007, 01:04 PM
Congratulations JoAnn!

Steffie

Emily Ann Brown
02-23-2007, 01:53 PM
Sis,

I just checked the daily paper at that elementary school.....you didn't pass (see page 2). GIGGLE GIGGLE !

Way to go sis....I'm proud of ya girl.

Emily Ann

Erica Leigh
02-23-2007, 02:02 PM
Kids today, i think are more socially accepting of things and their minds are usually open to more things, then again there are those that cant comprehend why top ramen exists.......i never worry what someonelse thinks, its my life, i am not hurting anyone, so what gives anyone the right to judge me or you.....this was probably off topic....
well grea for you... ithink our hardest critics are kids.

Erica

JoAnnDallas
02-23-2007, 02:06 PM
Emily......Thank you sis.......Just trying to emulate the standards that you and Karren H have. :D Besides it was face to face and no place to hide, so I did what I did at HEF, acted normal and carried on.

When I look back over a year ago and I did the same thing. I would have been horrified. I give credit to Emily, Karren, all my sisters her, and my Tri-Ess sisters for building my comfidence to where I am today.

Holly
02-23-2007, 04:59 PM
JoAnn, so you finally passed elementary school! :D All kidding aside, you did good!