PDA

View Full Version : Remember Me

CaptLex
02-23-2007, 12:29 PM
Poc's thread about living in stealth mode got me thinking about how I want to be remembered when I go. Do I want to be remembered as a man? A man who used to be a woman? A guy/girl? A friend? A parent? An opinionated nut?

I think I want to be remembered as mainly a human being. Also, hopefully as a good and caring friend, parent and child. But yeah . . . I do also want to be thought of as a guy. Would be nice if someone said, "He was a cool guy". :cool:

So, how do you want to be remembered? This question is open to all.

Adam
02-23-2007, 12:33 PM
i want to be remembered as a son as a brother a ungle unfact i have already talked to my mum about this and she promised me if i die she will re fer to me as he and my male name on my head stone it means alot to me

Evert
02-23-2007, 01:52 PM
I want to be remembered as a guy. A good father, even when it was not my kid. So maybe even as an lovely grandfather. A grandkid spoiler. :heehee:

I don't want my girl name on the stone.

bi_weird
02-23-2007, 03:18 PM
A friend first. Someone who gave more than took. That's about it.

Kimberley
02-23-2007, 04:16 PM
As a caring human being with a huge capacity for understanding and love. I want to be remembered as someone who detested the negatives like arrogance, discrimination to name just a couple.

When I go I want them to prop up the casket in a corner, toss in a bottle of Balvenie and have one hell of a party. No morbidity or moaning.

I want to be remembered just as a good person, sensitive to the needs of others. Anything more than that is icing on the cake.

Abraxas
02-23-2007, 05:24 PM
Yeah... I just want people to remember me as a nice, if flawed, person.
Maybe I'll have two headstones, or one with both names. :heehee: Is that allowed?

ZenFrost
02-23-2007, 06:39 PM
To be honest, I don't actually want to be remembered. In fact I don't even want to be buried or cremated. I'd rather just have my body get fed to sharks or something and then have everyone forget about me.

I figure that once I'm dead I wont care about anything so it wont matter what happens to my body or whether I'm remembered. But I'd prefer if people didn't bother to dwell on the past and remember me when I'm gone.

CaptLex
02-23-2007, 06:45 PM
Okay, Zen, that's a fair answer. So, you get a different question - how do you want to be known now (before you go), besides as an evil genius/computer nerd? :happy:

pocoyo
02-23-2007, 08:12 PM
Erm sorry Cap but I'm immortal... it's the elf blood. So you'll have to think of a different question for me too. :happy:

CaptLex
02-23-2007, 08:30 PM
Erm sorry Cap but I'm immortal... it's the elf blood. So you'll have to think of a different question for me too. :happy:

Ah, but if you're immortal you won't need to be remembered 'cause you'll always be, you know . . . around. Tried to trick me, did ya? You little elf (that explains the ears). :heehee:

pocoyo
02-23-2007, 08:32 PM
Ah, but if you're immortal you won't need to be remembered 'cause you'll always be, you know . . . around. Tried to trick me, did ya? You little elf (that explains the ears). :heehee:

To be honest I was hoping you'd say "So, in that case, how do you want people to SEE you/talk about you."
So I could go on about how great I am :D :heehee: hehehe. Aargh! *covers ears*!

CaptLex
02-23-2007, 08:34 PM
To be honest I was hoping you'd say "So, in that case, how do you want people to SEE you/talk about you." So I could go on about how great I am :D :heehee: hehehe. Aargh! *covers ears*!

Yeah, I was gonna say that, but I decided to throw you a curve ball. :heehee: *strike one and Poc swings away*

Okay, I'm a softie . . . how do you want people to see you now? :D

pocoyo
02-23-2007, 09:00 PM
Yeah, I was gonna say that, but I decided to throw you a curve ball. :heehee: *strike one and Poc swings away*

Okay, I'm a softie . . . how do you want people to see you now? :D

Wooo! A chance to go on about how GVEAT I am! (Hahaha, I swear I AM turning into Rik Mayall sometimes!)

Ok well.....

They say

"Ooh that pocoyo... he's such a sweetie. Always doing good deeds and helping little old ladies and stuff. And ooh did you hear? The other day he gave a huge sum of his vast fortune to the needy.. AGAIN! He's already given millions to charity! Always arranging charity things with that Bob Geldof and that Sting and all that lot he is. It's not like he doesn't spend any on himself though, you can tell he likes a good dinner *giggle giggle* Aww and did you see him with his little son the other day? Like peas in a pod they are. He is so soft and gentle with that boy, bought a tear to my eye Marjory, I tell you. I love to see a man who's a real soft touch. I saw him reading one of his own books to the lad too. Not only that, he treats his wife like a princess... a PRINCESS.... I tell ya... if I was 30 years younger.... she's a lucky lady his wife...."

"Well yes Betty I did know all that, but did you catch his latest film at the cinema? Very fine actor he is too, and.. well.... he's so handsome I have to admit he made me blush. Oozes sex-appeal he does. Especially in that... well you know that scene, with Natalie Portman! Although I altogether prefer the scene with Elijah Wood.... got me quite hot and bothered that did! ... Oooh did you hear?... there were rumours that Elijah Wood is his live-in-lover... when pocoyo was playing that sell-out gig at Wembley (which our Matthew went to and said was FABULOUS), I heard those papparazo's took a few snaps of him and Elijah kissing backstage.....now what do you think of THAT Betty, hmmm?"

"I think he's a flamin' good bloke Marjory, that's what I think!"

That's what they say, somethin' like that. :happy:

CaptLex
02-23-2007, 09:04 PM
You're right - it's best to hear those things while you're still around to hear them. Well, you know what I mean. An elf and a hobbit, huh? Yeah, I could see that . . . :heehee:

pocoyo
02-23-2007, 09:10 PM
You're right - it's best to hear those things while you're still around to hear them. Well, you know what I mean. An elf and a hobbit, huh? Yeah, I could see that . . . :heehee:

Teehee did it make you laugh? What the grannies/ladies were saying about me?
OMG... how did you know that I (and loads of my friends) always say I'm half-elf, half hobbit? :eek:!!!!

CaptLex
02-23-2007, 09:17 PM
Teehee did it make you laugh? What the grannies/ladies were saying about me?
OMG... how did you know that I (and loads of my friends) always say I'm half-elf, half hobbit? :eek:!!!!
So now I need to see your feet . . . :tongueout

pocoyo
02-23-2007, 09:18 PM
So now I need to see your feet . . . :tongueout

Actually, they do have a little fur on :o and are strangely large for my height lol!

ZenFrost
02-24-2007, 12:21 AM
Okay, Zen, that's a fair answer. So, you get a different question - how do you want to be known now (before you go), besides as an evil genius/computer nerd? :happy:

Being known as a computer nerd is fine, but I really am not a fan of the limelight in any sense. I go to lengths to avoid recognition and attention, I think I'd best be suited to live the life of a hermet that no one knows about. Just as I don't want to be remembered in death, I wouldn't want to be known in life. If I had no choice but to be known as something, I'd live with the label 'evil genius' because it fits my character and mind.

If that's not the answer your looking for, my backup answer is that I's like to be known as an artist. Which isn't exactly true because I just don't like the idea of being known at all, but art is one of those things that people actually are starting to know me for doing.

CaptLex
02-24-2007, 01:05 AM
If that's not the answer your looking for, my backup answer is that I's like to be known as an artist.
I'll take it - thanks for indulging me. :D

Abraxas
02-24-2007, 03:54 AM
Hehehee
Okay..... you guys are awesome! lol!

Kate Simmons
02-24-2007, 06:25 AM
Hi Cap. I kind of agree with you. I want to be remembered as a good person. Quite honestly (and I know I can be honest here), though, I'd prefer to be remembered as Rich and a man. That is where my real strength lies after all. I'm in no way ashamed of who I am either way.:happy:

happyfish
02-24-2007, 09:59 PM
I think I'd like to be remembered as a mystery and have people debating over things that they'll never know. :evil: Either that, or as an artist, a really nice person and a darned good ...
cook. ;)

Tristan
02-24-2007, 10:17 PM
I want people to read my name on my stone and go... Tristan.. Tristan... wasn't he that nut that .......

and the others would go yes yes he did and then also did ......

MJ
02-24-2007, 11:50 PM
hi captain
i want to be remembered As a caring human being with a huge capacity for understanding and a big heart full of love for everyone.
and i hope that people understand and think of me as a woman not a thing or it

Gabriel
02-25-2007, 09:10 AM
Being known as a computer nerd is fine, but I really am not a fan of the limelight in any sense. I go to lengths to avoid recognition and attention, I think I'd best be suited to live the life of a hermet that no one knows about. Just as I don't want to be remembered in death, I wouldn't want to be known in life. If I had no choice but to be known as something, I'd live with the label 'evil genius' because it fits my character and mind.

If that's not the answer your looking for, my backup answer is that I's like to be known as an artist. Which isn't exactly true because I just don't like the idea of being known at all, but art is one of those things that people actually are starting to know me for doing.

Ditto! :cool:

Marcie Sexton
02-25-2007, 09:36 AM
Well put MJ, you said it all very well...that is exactly how I feel...

I think Ronnie Vanzant put it the best, "...if I leave here tomorrow, would you still remember me ?"