PDA

View Full Version : I am in a lot of pain right now

Kelley Anne
02-23-2007, 08:16 PM
I bought my first bra's a couple weeks ago and whenever I put them on I hated the view - I'm afraid I'm one furry dude.
So I got the bright idea to get rid of the hair. So I got Nair for Men as it should be the industrial strength right?
Long story short I now have a hairless chest that feels like I set it on fire. Apparently the second application of goop wasn't a good idea.
I really love the way my bra looks now but it hurts too much to wear it. :eek:
My +? is: Is there a better way to do a mass de-furring as I want to get rid of the hair on my lower body before summer comes and I start wearing my girlie shorts and pantyhose.
And permanent is not an option right now despite my dreams of not looking like a wookie. :D

Joanne_2003
02-23-2007, 08:21 PM
basically two options, shave or use nair. I use nair and as long as I do it in small sections of my body for about three and a half to four minutes I'm OK. If I try and do my whole body in one application I burn and break out in a rash. Use a moisturizing lotion with aloe two times a day and when you take your shower apply baby oil to the area before you dry off and let it set a minute before you pat dry, this will help the pain you are in now.

Joanne
:2c:

Tasha Meredith
02-23-2007, 08:25 PM
I'm betting most the responses coming will point to pro waxing and electric epilators. Cremes are unfortunately a hit-or-miss option. Nair used to work wonders on me. Lately it's had trouble getting rid of chest hairs so the situation can change for anybody.

Personally, I just shave with a 2-blade Gillete for Women's razor; wax for face and neck; Nair for arms, legs, back. There are a couple waxing kits I've been trying, but...kind of early for me to recommend one in particular.

insearchofme
02-23-2007, 08:26 PM
I feel for you sister. I have very sensative skin and Nair does a number on it. I say go for waxing. Believe me the pain from waxing is nothing compared what you've gone through. It's been 2 1/2 weeks since I first waxed my chesrt and tummyand I don't need to wax again, probably not for another 2 1/2 weeks. Been waxing my back for a year now and the results are truly amazing.

Oh I bet I 'm as hairy as you.

michelleupnorth
02-23-2007, 08:30 PM
Never had the problem. I keep myself shaved and smooth all the time. I use Veet for women and only put on one application, leave on for 3 minutes and rinse with a face cloth. I shave any parts that might burn and the directions are clear on were not to use Veet.

It will heel and then maintained often only a little care is needed

cindychan
02-23-2007, 08:34 PM
Sorry to hear about your pain honey. I found that using bar soap and lathering up big time causes less irritation with shaven. Also using the razor both directions( up and down) does a fantastic job that is much faster. Becareful though it's not for everyone. I got smooth skin so it works for me.

Rachel Morley
02-23-2007, 08:35 PM
If I was you I would clipper (buzz cut) the hair as short as possible and then shave to be smooth. This is what I did the first time I ever shaved my legs. After that it's just about maintaining a smooth body by shaving once a week.

Sierra Evon
02-23-2007, 08:41 PM
reminds me of a saying Ive hear before from other GG's Ive known , " you've gotta suffer for your beauty " , something like that !!!!!!!!:be:

Colleen
02-23-2007, 08:58 PM
The first time I did it I got the same reaction. Try the womans next time.It has the same stuff in it.Wait for a while until you heal.I my self alternate now.I shave for mantinance and nair for toal massive hair loss.The main thing I found out about nair is you have to shower or bath really good with fresh water and clean rags.I do it now and have no problem.Any chemacle left on the body WILL BURN.I hope this helps.

trannie T
02-23-2007, 09:58 PM
Nair is made of strong chemicals, some people have skin that is too sensitive to tolerate these chemicals. I know that it's unmanly to read and follow directions, but for things like Nair it is manditory.

lisa68
02-23-2007, 10:08 PM
I agree with her about using Nair. I made the mistake not reading and I burned the skin on my legs. Left it on too long. Live and learn the hard way when not reading the directions.

marie354
02-23-2007, 10:24 PM
Nair had the same reaction on me, but I did a test patch first.

I have a norelco with a beard trimmer that I normally only use for my face, but when I first started shaving my body, I used the pop-up trimmer to trim all the hair very short.
Then I finished shaving with a new blade. Use a shave gell that moisturizes too. Then moisturize after you are done.

michellebesweet
02-23-2007, 10:42 PM
I have tried hair removal creams sprays, nair, none I think work for men, I shave only, and just keep it shaved, also use aloe for your burning feeling, makes it feel good and heals the burning caused by the chemicals.

Wenda
02-24-2007, 12:04 AM
If I was you I would clipper (buzz cut) the hair as short as possible and then shave to be smooth. This is what I did the first time I ever shaved my legs. After that it's just about maintaining a smooth body by shaving once a week.
Works for me! I have a 100 year-old house. Tub, no shower. I used an electric clipper to take the majority of growth off before shaving. I shave everything from my navel to my sideburns every morning. I had my chest waxed once, and was disappointed. I have tried creams with mixed results. I shave my legs daily as well. These daily shaves are all completed in the 6 minutes that it takes to boil two eggs, so, on Saturdays, I take a lot of time and clean all the corners.
I wax my brows and bleach my arms. I shave my fingers and toes.
Once you get started, and keep at it, shaving is not uncomfortable, and is economical. I use Aveeno to reduce shaver bumps.

SandyR
02-24-2007, 01:21 AM
Way feel for Honey.....We are all different. I prefer to have my chest and back waxed, lasts almost 6 weeks, first time is kinda rough, but not to bad. I like to shave my legs, but I aggree with the twice shave. Once down, then up.

Hang in there, use lots of aloe, lotion and be patient. It really does get better...

Huggss....

SandyR

Deborah_UK
02-24-2007, 03:51 AM
Wax - hurts a bit :winking: the first time but hurts less as time goes on, you don't get the itching when the hair starts growing back that you get with shaving, and it leaves the area lovely and smooth.

Lots of salons do waxing for men, and lots of men get waxed, so you needn't worry about outing yourself if you don't want/need to.

Tina B.
02-24-2007, 10:26 AM
I used an epilator, a real pain machine, at first, but then the longer you use it the easier it gets, and then one day you go to shave your legs/body and can't find anything that needs to be shaved, and it feels very smooth, I am not all that hairry, but it got where I could go for a week or two between shaves, and the hair comes back lighter and lighter, so that it gets easier and faster to get the job done.
Some people complain about ingrown hairs, but I never did have that problem.
And I am another that just can't use chemicals on be with out that burn
The only thing I didn't like about it, it's not good for the face.

Tina B.

Kelley Anne
02-24-2007, 02:45 PM
Thank you all so much for the advice and support. The burning has mostly gone away and I'm soon get to put my bra on and finally get to see it on an non hairy chest. I'm so excited::D

Dragster
02-25-2007, 06:57 PM
I use an electric shaver (Braun) on my face to avoid the red spots I used to get from a blade. Does anyone use this on their legs, after using the clipper to remove most of the length? How does it feel, and how frequently do you need to shave? Unfortunately, I can't even think about it until I've changed my wife's mind about CDing, but I'd like to be ready!

Tony

Angela E.
02-25-2007, 07:31 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol2: :lol2: :GE: :joke: :joke: :bonk: :bonk: Havent you noticed that you`re a cat????

Kate Simmons
02-25-2007, 07:45 PM
Most dephilatories contain some form of Thioglycolic acid, which is indeed nasty stuff. It is used to break down the keratin protein. I know because I make the creams and lotions. It's best to follow the directions as closely as possible. The main thing is to make sure all of it is rinsed profusely with water because if you don't get it all off, it will continue to react with moisture from your body. Like shaving, it takes time for the body to used to any radical change. The first time I body shaved, I felt like a plucked chicken. It's not just the physical reaction, it is the mental and emotional as well just as it is sensory feedback to the brain. It takes a bit of getting used to if you are used to being hairy no matter what method of hair removal you use.:happy:

btmgrl6
03-08-2007, 03:51 AM
I suspect the second application is what burned you...I use the woman's nair and have never had a bad burn...I have burned my skin,(in sensitive areas of my chest) but not badly. what is it that they say about a man not wanting or following instructions? LOL. Next time you should be ok if you follow the directions on the label. i tried shaving, but it took a long time,up,down,sideways,back and forth, and I could still feel stubble,even with one of those quatro blades. I've been on HRT for about a year now, and body hair isn't much of a problem anymore.

GINA-CD
03-08-2007, 04:28 AM
I used Nair a couple of weeks ago for the first time in my chest. good results 'cus I read the instructions 3 times (yes, I didn't want to make mistakes). my skin was smooth and perfect and I enjoyed that very much.

Today I started using the Epilady and remove a small area... it hurts a little, but there's no worrying about rash or burns on your skin.

Good luck.

Carroll
03-08-2007, 07:38 AM
Boy, am I glad I have almost NO hair on my chest!

Marcie Sexton
03-08-2007, 08:54 AM
I use that one for about 3 minutes and it works well, I do though shave my legs...I would also suggest lots of lotion...

Angie G
03-08-2007, 11:14 AM
I just shave what I want gone works for me :hugs:
Angie

Lovely Rita
03-08-2007, 03:28 PM
sorry to hear about your pain. I hope you feel better.

Siobhan Marie
03-08-2007, 04:30 PM
I just shave what I want gone works for me :hugs:
Angie

Thats all I do. I do hope you're feeling better. Razor burn when I do get it through being an idiot hurts so I can't even begin to imagine what Nair burn is like.

:hugs: Anna Marie x

JoAnnDallas
03-08-2007, 04:31 PM
Hope you get feeling better.

janet p
03-08-2007, 11:47 PM
OOPS, a little heavy on the lotion. I've done the same thing but knowingly because the hair doesn't seem to come back in the areas that burn the worst. Other then that you'll live!:love: