PDA

View Full Version : Got called mam twice today.

cindychan
02-23-2007, 08:25 PM
Once while at the gas station and again at Fred Myers. I guess because my glasses and pageboy hair cut make me look fem plus I was clean shaven. Hopefully I can share some more images of me but I really need a ditgital cam instead of a web cam.

Sierra Evon
02-23-2007, 08:32 PM
kool , sounds great !!!!, I still get alot of the thank-you sir, or the mister, thing alot more than the Mam's , there few and far between , I feel ya , on needing to get a digital camera , thats what I need too , and a new computer too , not this Ghetto computer I have to use right now , I to shop at Fred Meyers , have wrote checks there alot , so most of the checkers see my male name and thus dont callme Mam....

Rachel Morley
02-23-2007, 08:39 PM
I bet you felt fabulous, I know I would have. :happy:

Have you tried your webcam in natural daylight? I found I got better pics when I stood near a window during the day. Just make sure that the camera isn't pointing directly at the window, make the light come in from the side.

cindychan
02-23-2007, 08:45 PM
I'll try that thanks.

Samantha B L
02-23-2007, 09:23 PM
Hi Cindy,It happens.I've been called "Mam","girlie" and "Rhonda".A couple of times i think it was because I was passing,hopefully.And a couple of times it was kind of a hostility thing.I turned 50 last year and I look sort of haggard and grey when I'm in drab so I get called Mister and Sir sometimes but "Mam" has it's special aspects for a cd'r.Samantha

Trisha
02-23-2007, 09:47 PM
a few times i have long hair again now and the woman in h&rblock who does our taxes asked my wife if her hubby was comming with her the problem was i was sitting right next to my wife at the time that was last month so i guess i pass as fem even in drab

lisa68
02-23-2007, 10:37 PM
I was out with my SO & my daughter for lunch somewhere new to eat and the waitres said " good afternoon ladies". With my hair all brushed out and not even dress in fem. she didn't see my face until she got around the table and handed my SO her menu. She apologize to me and turn red.

michellebesweet
02-23-2007, 10:46 PM
I have been out sometimes and been called mam or miss, I don't correct anyone, I just smile and say thanks.

cindychan
02-24-2007, 02:38 AM
I didn't correct them either it felt good to be called mam.

ArleneRaquel
02-24-2007, 03:05 AM
I just love being called mam or miss. :love: & :hugs: Trina - Ms Bifocals of 2007

GinaVegas
02-24-2007, 09:20 AM
Good for you Cindy!

gerdaberlin
02-24-2007, 10:25 AM
since my age prohibits me to use my voice much, I cannot fell the pleasure of being called mam, but I love when the younger among us go out there and mingle up! more of it! BTW cindychan you would pass even in men's attire!

cindychan
02-24-2007, 12:03 PM
lol. Funny thing is I'm not quite young (I'm in my early 30's). As for passing totally I'd have to lose another 20-30 Ilbs to reduce my upper torso size and arms. I really hacked my brows yesterday so I'll see how that goes. But thanks for the comments;)

Trisha
02-24-2007, 04:15 PM
cindy im not old either im in my 40s now and life just keeps getting better all the time :D

lostmyhubby GG
02-26-2007, 11:41 PM
a few times i have long hair again now and the woman in h&rblock who does our taxes asked my wife if her hubby was comming with her the problem was i was sitting right next to my wife at the time that was last month so i guess i pass as fem even in drab

but it was totally embarasing for your wife!!!!