PDA

View Full Version : Cute Guys?

Laurie909
02-24-2007, 04:01 AM
Here's a thought...tell me what you think. Ever hear some girls talking and say something like..."Hey, look there's some cute guys." I don't think guys can be "cute." Girls can be can "cute" and guys can be "good-looking" or whatever, but not "cute"!

John
02-24-2007, 04:16 AM
No, I think guys can be cute, same way they can be pretty and girls can be hansome. Wate a sec... googling... aha! "attractive especially by means of smallness or prettiness or quaintness". Boys can be that.

It's just that in recent years (by recent I mean about 50) the use of such words has developed a gender gap, but go look in the old claseks (Dickins and Brontey and such) and you'll find them refering to 'hansome women' with no isues. The word 'cute' wasn't really used back then so it can't be found there, but I'm sure you see my point. We of all people should apreciate when something is falling into gender steryotypes.

:2c:

Kate Simmons
02-24-2007, 06:29 AM
Well, yeah but when I'm in femme mode and I find a guy attractive, I say he's "cute". It's a girl's nice way of saying the guy is a "hunk". I remember myself thinking: "MMM--those arms, those eyes". :happy:

pocoyo
02-24-2007, 10:31 AM
Yup... guys can definitely be cute.... just look at Elijah Wood (aww he's so nice, and gorgeous, and....cute!) But it's not even anything to do with size, to me, ANYONE, ANYTHING, ANYSIZE can be cute... it's about how lovely/sweet something/someone is.

There is another meaning I use for cute as well though.... and that is to mean "attractive".
E.g. imagine one gay boy pointing an attractive man out to his friend at a bar and saying "oooh... he's cute!" ... that's sometimes how I mean it.

Dasein9
02-24-2007, 11:10 AM
I think of cute as a certain type of attractive. While Elijah Wood and Hugh Laurie are both attractive, Wood is cute, but Laurie isn't. (Don't get mad, Abraxas! He's still hot! )

bi_weird
02-24-2007, 12:30 PM
Yeah I tend to find that most people can be labeled as "cute" or "hot". Though I'd say Elijah Wood is hot... admittidly at the cute end of hot, but still hot. It's just a different sort of look, the way I use those words. Like, hot has some element of being DDFMG (picked this up from when I worked at a library of all places, stands for "drop dead f*$@ me gorgeous", meaning he or she is so attractive you do it right there if they were willing), whereas cute you don't tend to want to shag him right there, you want to cuddle with him.

bi_weird
02-24-2007, 12:32 PM
whoops forgot a part. Guys seem to find 'cute' as an insult to their masculinity...and it's really not, at least the way it's used around here. Cute guys are still shaggable, just they've got other traits which are more important.

CaptLex
02-24-2007, 12:36 PM
Oh yeah . . . guys can definitely be "cute". And this doesn't take away any cuteness from women either. They're cute in their own masculine way. I go boy-watching all the time, and there is an abundance of cute guys in this city (especially in the Village and Chelsea). Yay for cute boys! :daydreaming:

pocoyo
02-24-2007, 01:10 PM
Hehe oooh I've inspired quite an Elijah Wood fest.... :D :thumbsup:

I forgot to say that he fits BOTH my meanings of cute.... drop dead gorgeous sexy and very sweet and lovely...

and... I don't say this sort of thing often, I'm not that sort of boy, and not prone to jealousy but....

HANDS OFF HE'S MINE!!!
I've been desperately in love with him for years and I don't plan to stop any time soon :heehee:

hahahaha
aaahhhhh (happy sigh) *with very friendly, open, smiley face* I do make myself chuckle sometimes....

*but suddenly looks scary and serious like you've never seen him before*
I mean it though... hands off.... *points accusingly at them all with a screwed up weasely face*....

(:lol2: :lol:)
eeheheheheh

I'm joking of course, if Elijah's into orgies (and let's face it... we all know he is)... you're welcome to come and party....
Ahahaha. My humour is so warped, I hope I'm not the only one who gets me.

*Walks off with a chuckle in his chest and a spring in his step*

Anddd now ladies and gentleman... back to the topic!......

Kieron Andrew
02-24-2007, 01:13 PM
i got called 'cute' last night and it was definitely meant in a 'you're a cute young man' kinda way......so yup boys can be cute :D:heehee:

*cue pocoyo!*

Evert
02-24-2007, 01:15 PM
I'm cute :D

:lol2:

CaptLex
02-24-2007, 01:18 PM
I'm cute :D
:lol2:
You sure are, hun. In fact, we got a lot of cute guys right here in this forum. All you have to do is look around, Laurie. :tongueout

Evert
02-24-2007, 01:20 PM
Lauri? Read this:

One post before me........? Now that's a cute guy!:D

Iniquity Blonde GG
02-24-2007, 01:21 PM
lol oh yes guys can be cute :D lol or is that when i see one i think hes a cute bum pmsl !! :devil:

pocoyo
02-24-2007, 01:24 PM
AHAHAH!! I take from the lack of responses to my post, and polite ignorage of it, that no-one did get my humour... oh dear!! *Finds that even more funny* ahaaaa! :lol2:

cue pocoyo!*

:whistling:..... *tries to hold it inside*.... *nearly bursts*
Weellll what can I say? You ARE very cute, a very very cute young man indeed... OOOh young maaan....
And I think we all know which of my cute meanings I use to fit Kieron... ;).... eh?.... eh?... ;)... nudge nudge, wink wink... hahaha

Evert... you are VERY cute.... :daydreaming:
And as for Cap... hhhweeellll.....!

Hehehe waddaya mean I'm hyper due to lack of sleep/food?
Rubbish... prove it!

Everyone: Uh... pocs... read your last few posts mate....
Pocs:...... ah!

Dasein9
02-24-2007, 01:28 PM
Okay, okay, he's yours! Too young for me anyway.

But I still reserve the right to look!
*grrrrrrrrrr* [Says Das as he defends himself.]

pocoyo
02-24-2007, 01:30 PM
Oooooh masterful.... mwrawr!
Well you can touch too... I can share... you just can't keep him :heehee:

Awww he's not like worryingly young! He's older than me!

Er... could you just do that little grrrr thing again?..... :angel:.....

Dasein9
02-24-2007, 01:33 PM
*grrrrr!* [But this time it degenerates into an unconvincing chuckle.]

Eh, he's young by my standards. I'm 37 and into older guys. ;)

Evert
02-24-2007, 01:35 PM
If everyone loves older guys I'm in trouble :lol2:

bi_weird
Haha Poc I love you.

Kieron Andrew
If everyone loves older guys I'm in trouble :lol2:
nah i love older girls hehe

CaptLex
02-24-2007, 01:36 PM
I'm afraid Elijah is too young for me too. He's the exact age as my son (born a few days apart), and that's just too weird for me. Besides, I'm so distracted by the hunk in your avatar, right now there just aren't any other guys for me. *sighs* Johnny transcends cute, handsome, good-looking or pretty . . . he's just so beautiful . . . :love:

Evert
02-24-2007, 01:38 PM
nah i love older girls hehe

Me too! :D

pocoyo
02-24-2007, 01:39 PM
Hehehe *chuckles at everyone*

I am about to swap this Johnny pic for another one Cap... hold onto your hat... brace yourself.... ah yes he certainly is beautiful!

(Oh no cap if you know about Elijah's birthday you'll know why I picked a certain date for something once... ooops :o )

CaptLex
02-24-2007, 01:52 PM
I am about to swap this Johnny pic for another one Cap... hold onto your hat... brace yourself.... ah yes he certainly is beautiful!
Ahhhh . . . I could stare at that face all day. :lovestruck:

(Oh no cap if you know about Elijah's birthday you'll know why I picked a certain date for something once... ooops :o )
Don't worry, your secret is safe with me . . . but I may blackmail you at some point. :tongueout

pocoyo
02-24-2007, 02:40 PM
Ahhhh . . . I could stare at that face all day. :lovestruck:
Thanks! :D... oh... you meant Johnny.... :p :heehee:

Don't worry, your secret is safe with me . . . but I may blackmail you at some point. :tongueout
:yikes: ... eeek! hehehe

Laurie909
02-27-2007, 12:01 AM
Ok, guys and girls....thanks for your thoughts on "can guys be cute." I guess the overwhelming answer is "yes". Actually, and I don't know why, but I think Pocoyo is kinda cute!

Kieron Andrew
02-27-2007, 04:46 AM
Actually, and I don't know why, but I think Pocoyo is kinda cute!
uhhhhhhh cos he is lol:heehee:

pocoyo
02-27-2007, 08:45 AM
uUuuh :o :o :o
thank you L & K