PDA

View Full Version : ? About Las Vegas Wedding

Sheri 4242
02-24-2007, 12:54 PM
I'm looking for advice. My wife suggested that on our upcoming trip to Las Vegas that this might be the perfect opportunity for us to fullfill a dream of mine. I lave long wanted us to have a bridal type wedding ceremony where I coulld wear a wedding dress I bought on ebay, and where my wife and I could have a ceremony expanding our original wedding vows to our "other" life . . . the life where I am Barbara. We have contacted several of the many chapels out there, but only one has responded. They said that they were there to serve and that included me being dressed any way I wanted. That they were there to help couples with any "themed" recommitment ceremonies they wished to have. HERE'S the one sticking point: I am tendin to believe all that this chapel is saying. (They advertise goth weddings and even a Rocky Horror themed wedding.) They know I'll need a lot of help with make-up, etc., and it seems tht as long as their fee is paid, it's a non-judgemental "go" situation. My wife has one area, though, that she is reluctant about. Besides Halloween, she is VERY sensitive about me being dressed in public. Anybody out there have any advice? Anybody had a CD wedding? Suggestions and comments will be greatly appreciated!!!

Holly
02-24-2007, 01:34 PM
Barb, first of all, :welcom: to the forum. I was a bridesmaid last April in a Las Vegas CD wedding. I believe it was held at the Las Vegas Wedding Chapel on Las Vegas Boulevard. The couple had planned it together complete with limousines, and a wedding dinner after the vows at a local restaurant. It was part of last year's Diva's Las Vegas activities. I am sure that you will find most places able to accomodate your request. As for your wife's feelings about you being out dressed in public, well, what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas. :p

Sheri 4242
02-24-2007, 02:13 PM
Thanks for your response! It will be of major reassuring help to share what you said with my wife, to be certain!!! My wife is really a gem about my dressing and about me being a crossdresser and what all that can involve. I am VERY lucky and realize it!!! The only thing my wife has had any problem with is me being dressed out in public (aside from Halloween, where it has become a neighborhood tradition to see how I am going to dress every year). When we travel, I will often drive dressed, and she is cool with that, too (although she says it slows me down a bit too much -- lol -- don't want to be caught speeding in a miniskirt if I can help it). Anyway, I'm going to proceed with our plans and will let you know how it goes. (Actually, my wife is the one who brought up taking the wedding dress and doing this based on exactly what you said: what happens in Vegas is supposed to stay in Vegas.) Thanks again!!!

Nora
02-24-2007, 06:40 PM
HI Barbara:

Holly is correct. The Las Vegas wedding chapel was the place where we held the TG wedding at last years Diva Las Vegas. I was also one of the Bridesmaids at the wedding. They are most accommodating and will help you in any way they can. I was also fortunate to be at other TG weddings held here and everyone was pleased with the services.
I live in Las Vegas and will be more than happy to help and advise you in any way I can. If you need a bridal party I am sure that members of our Tri-Ess chapter will be more than happy to volunteer.
If you need help in makeup prior to the wedding there is the Glamour Boutique nearby. Prior to last years wedding both brides had makeovers and were picked up by limo at the Glamour Boutique and went to the chapel.

Whatever you decide the best of luck to you.

Nora

Thanks for your response! It will be of major reassuring help to share what you said with my wife, to be certain!!! My wife is really a gem about my dressing and about me being a crossdresser and what all that can involve. I am VERY lucky and realize it!!! The only thing my wife has had any problem with is me being dressed out in public (aside from Halloween, where it has become a neighborhood tradition to see how I am going to dress every year). When we travel, I will often drive dressed, and she is cool with that, too (although she says it slows me down a bit too much -- lol -- don't want to be caught speeding in a miniskirt if I can help it). Anyway, I'm going to proceed with our plans and will let you know how it goes. (Actually, my wife is the one who brought up taking the wedding dress and doing this based on exactly what you said: what happens in Vegas is supposed to stay in Vegas.) Thanks again!!!

Trisha
02-24-2007, 06:58 PM
what happens in vagas stays in vagas go for it and post the pics if poss :love:

Sheri 4242
02-24-2007, 08:02 PM
I really appreciate the advice, encouragement, and support. The LV wedding chapel that my wife has had email contact with is the Viva Las Vegas Wedding Chapel. They told her (when she mentioned I would be dressed as the bride) that this was not a problem and that they try to accomodate "EVERY" theme request when possible. All of your responses have been most encouraging and uplifting!!!

NORA: I truly appreciate your additional offers of advice based on living there. Havng some Triess assistance might not be a bad idea!!! I don't know if the chael you and Holly mentioned are the same as the one my wife has had email contact with -- there are so many out there, and many with similar names. The one I mentioned above is the only one to respond to my wife and seem to be creditable. What do you think???

Nora
02-25-2007, 12:23 AM
HI:

The names are very similar and often may be reffered to by several names. The one that we went to is on Las Vegas Boulevard about 2 blocks north of the Stratosphere. When i double checked it is also known as the Viva las Vegas chapel. Here is the link to the website.

http://www.vivalasvegasweddings.com/

Both weddings that I went to at this Chapel were very tasteful . Photos and videos were taken. There is a choice of several chapels within the complex and you can chose the one that is right for your wedding party.

Do you know when you might be here to renew your vows? Both bridal parties were very satisfied with the way the affair was handled.

I really appreciate the advice, encouragement, and support. The LV wedding chapel that my wife has had email contact with is the Viva Las Vegas Wedding Chapel. They told her (when she mentioned I would be dressed as the bride) that this was not a problem and that they try to accomodate "EVERY" theme request when possible. All of your responses have been most encouraging and uplifting!!!

NORA: I truly appreciate your additional offers of advice based on living there. Havng some Triess assistance might not be a bad idea!!! I don't know if the chael you and Holly mentioned are the same as the one my wife has had email contact with -- there are so many out there, and many with similar names. The one I mentioned above is the only one to respond to my wife and seem to be creditable. What do you think???

Sheri 4242
02-25-2007, 12:40 AM
Nora: that's the place my wife emailed. Their response was very encouraging, but it is really great to get a first-hand confirmation!!! We are coming out with friends the first of April. (They are close friends but don't know about the cd'ing -- although I'm certain they wondered about me a few years ago when I got double ear piercings - lol.) Anyway, they are only staying 3-4 days; we are staying a few days longer and thought that after they left would be the best time to do this. So, depending on chapel availability, I'd say we're looking at having this ceremony on the 6th, or 7th, or 8th. Plan on firming up the date on Monday when we get our plane reservtions settled.

CDTiffany
02-25-2007, 12:59 AM
I did not go to a wedding chaple, but i did walk through a hotel lobby in a wedding gown last week. No big deal.
XOXO Tiffany

Nora
02-25-2007, 10:33 AM
HI Barbara:
It is too bad that you wont be here during the Diva Las Vegas (April 23- 28 ). The wedding last year was a huge success. There were approximately 25 in attendance followed by the reception at the Bahama Breeze restaurant(everyone paid their own bill ). I am sure that this will be something that you will remember for the rest of your life.
If I can help in any way please email or message me directly.
Nora