PDA

View Full Version : gambles can catch up with you

sandra-leigh
02-24-2007, 02:49 PM
I took yesterday off, but in the evening I went into the office to pick up some of my items that I need for the Masquerade Gala Dinner on Sunday. I spent longer than I expected because I ended up reading newsgroups and checking in here (logging in via home).
Just before I left my office, I put on some underthings, and slopped on my new and noticably red lipstick, intending to go directly to the washroom three doors down, look in the mirror to see how I liked the colour, and wipe it off before heading out past Security. I didn't worry about meeting anyone else, because by then I was the only person left on the floor... and I was only going 3 doors, right?

So, of course like any gambler that plays long enough, the odds caught up with me: I reached the hall corner that has the washroom entrance just as the security guard on his rounds was turning from that hall into the hall that I was coming from. A direct view of me! And the lipstick probably couldn't have been missed in that lighting (maybe if it had been on straight but it wasn't)!

I sort of automatically raised my hands to hide my face, realized quickly that would only bring more attention, so I just said "Hello" and breezed right into the washroom, and made sure the lipstick was all wiped off.

The security guard only saw me for a few seconds (long-enough probably!) and he didn't mention anything when I went out. (He's a great fellow, but he and my wife get along quite well, and there's the risk that he would accidently mention something to her under the assumption she knew already.)

(I headed from work to a club I've been to a number of times, including a few times fully dressed. My underthings were not visible. Some of the performers who have seen me both ways came over and talked to me a fair bit. Interestingly, it wasn't until I started going to some of the clubs visibly dressed that the performers started talking to me -- and this is a group of people slow to trust outsiders. Somehow I became trustable because I dared to dress??)

DeeInGeorgia
02-24-2007, 10:57 PM
My gamble yesterday paid off. The only time I could get for a therapy appointment yesterday (my day off) was at 1:00 PM and the drive from the office to home is about 30 minutes. I went to the therapist dressed enfemme, but I needed to be home in time to change before my son got home, which is somtime after 2:30.

The therapy session ended at 1:50, and after walking to the car, I made it home at 2:32 and I rushed in and changed and took off most of the makeup by 2:40 when my son got home.

Dee

michellebesweet
02-24-2007, 11:22 PM
We all take chances, around work, home, out in public. It is just the thrill, you just have to do it. I love going out in the morning in heels to get the newspaper, have seen some of my nieghbors, no one has said anything, think they are just not up yet and cant see to well in the morning, best time for me. Just heels, no lipstick or wig.

sandra-leigh
02-25-2007, 12:51 AM
So, of course like any gambler that plays long enough, the odds caught up with me

This evening I was out at a benefit event, for which I've met (in drab) a number of the people performing. There was a chance I would see one or two in the hall in the usual after-mob, but that didn't seem particularily likely. But I decided not to get obviously dressed, as I expected that I would see in the audience a number of people I'd been introduced to by my wife at similar events.
So I went stealth -- women's jeans, violet tights that couldn't be seen, long slinky top over B-cup forms (you could see the bulge if I was sitting down and you were looking at me -- but who'd be looking at me in a dark concert hall, right?)
It turned out that the people I was expecting to see where not there, and I was thinking that "Gee, I could have come dressed after-all!" Thought I recognized -one- person, but I wasn't sure.

Well, it turned out to be good that I wasn't too obvious -- because while I paused at the door to put my gloves and hat on, someone came up to me and offered me a drive home. Someone who lives down the street and recognized me from having seen me in the yard as she walked her dog. And people who know me in drab tend to find it very easy to recognize me en femme (wig and dress and all), so I would defininitely have been busted by a neighbour.

In an earlier thread, someone said "you have to trust your intuition"; mine's served me pretty well so far, even if it isn't infallible.

sandra-leigh
02-25-2007, 01:08 AM
We all take chances, around work, home, out in public. It is just the thrill, you just have to do it.

I live in a city of about 600000. It isn't a small town, but it isn't uncommon to see someone you know, even in a completely different context. The person you know from seeing the same kinds of concerts might turn up on the farmers market 15 miles away the next week. You might see no-one you know at the Local Big Mall five times running... and the next time, there's someone you've done enough business with that they know you by name and know something about you...

So, in this city, you might be totally anonymous for a couple of months worth of excursions... but there's always the risk that the next time you'll see someone you know (who knows a bunch of the same people you know, and word could get around and around...)

That means that my every excusion is a gamble. But that doesn't mean that every excusion is the kind of thrill you describe: it just means that if you don't put aside the risk of "someone might see me", then you might never get out at all.