PDA

View Full Version : Beards and Mustaches

michellebesweet
02-24-2007, 05:12 PM
I mostly keep my face clean shaved, but sometimes I like to grow my beard and mustache out for a few weeks or a month, my SO likes my beard, gee I wounder why? Do any of the other girls do that. I find I get questioned alot by freinds, relatives and co-workers why I shave and grow it so often. Most of the time I answer, " Because I feel like it". " Got a problem with that."

Brianna Lovely
02-24-2007, 05:33 PM
Years ago, I used to grow a full beard for the winter onths, the grizzly bear look, giggle. But now, that I'm much more accepting of my fem self, I keep everything shaved, all the time.

Trisha
02-24-2007, 05:37 PM
nope i have never let it grow i hate it sooooo much if i dont shave to get rid of it i end up trying to pull my face off i would like to get rid of it forever mabe one day this will happen

sherell
02-24-2007, 06:18 PM
I think your so needs you to look like a man. I hate shaveing wish someone cauld invent a creame to get rid of stubble

Wendy me
02-24-2007, 06:18 PM
if i go up to the camp for a week i won't shave... but first rest stop on the way back off it comes....

Lisa Marie
02-24-2007, 06:20 PM
no way do I like beards I always shave twice a day. I cant stand to have hair on my face at all.

Alaceann
02-24-2007, 06:30 PM
Ihave a full santa beard. It's long and white. I shaved it off about 15 years ago and my SO wouldn't sleep with me for 2 weeks, until it grew back! GO figure!!! The beard is why no photos of me.

Kali
02-24-2007, 06:31 PM
I've had a beard and moustaache for all of my adult life. I prefer the way my face looks in a beard, and it is one of the few hard and fast rules about dressin that my SO has; she loves men with facial hair and would not be happy with me shaving it off.

It's a dichotomy for me. I love to dress; it's a big part of who I am, but I know that I'll never be able to pass like so many of you girls because of the beard. It limits my options, and am makes me unwelcomed at many CD events. But my beard is part of who I am, too.

I still haven't decided if I'll be dressed at Transgender 2007 where I will be a vendor, though I have been told if I do I won't be the only CD there with a beard. Might have to post a poll about it.

melissa michaels
02-24-2007, 06:36 PM
i had somewhat of a beard in my late teens.it helped me get into the bars and clubs at that time.odley enough i shaved clean on 7-7-77 [mabey my lucky numbers]and have been clean since.i have no desire to let any part of it grow anymore.and i don't think i ever will.

Tasha Meredith
02-24-2007, 06:41 PM
I only let my facial hair out in the summers when I'm unlikely to dress. Seeing myself en femme with facial hair totally ruins it for me.

marie354
02-24-2007, 08:17 PM
I've grown a beard a few times in the past, but everyone told me that it made me look older. I'll keep it clean.

Ronda_B
02-24-2007, 08:17 PM
I think that my SO likes my mustache because no other woman will have a mustache like mine. She says that she loves it and feels the same way about the hair on my chest. When I shave it all off, she will not talk to me directly or laugh under her breath. When my son was younger and I shaved it off, he cried when I held him until I would grow it back. Now I still have a small mustache but have been shaving the rest for about a year now.:tongueout

Sally24
02-24-2007, 08:24 PM
Grew a full beard just before I got out of college, then kept it for most of the last 30 years except for a few years in the Navy. I shaved it off almost 2 years ago and will never grow one again, now that I am actively dressing.

Sally

trannie T
02-24-2007, 08:34 PM
I had a moustache for twenty years and a beard for ten. I had to shave the beard for work so I did the moustache too. They just didn't look good with my dress.

RobynM
02-24-2007, 09:01 PM
No way, absolutely not, should be a law against it. The very thought of a Trannie with a beard is weird beyond my comprehension.
Of course I know I'm wrong:freedom of expression, each to their own and so on but it's one thing I really can't get my head round. People with beards in skirts and heels are probably far more advanced in their thinking than I but I still don't like it. Foundation must be a pig to apply. Perhaps it's one of those dreaded TS v CD things. I just get these Monty Python pictures with a bloke in a flowery dress, beard and pipe.

goofus
02-24-2007, 11:24 PM
I've had a beard and moustaache for all of my adult life. I prefer the way my face looks in a beard, and it is one of the few hard and fast rules about dressin that my SO has; she loves men with facial hair and would not be happy with me shaving it off.

It's a dichotomy for me. I love to dress; it's a big part of who I am, but I know that I'll never be able to pass like so many of you girls because of the beard. It limits my options, and am makes me unwelcomed at many CD events. But my beard is part of who I am, too.

I still haven't decided if I'll be dressed at Transgender 2007 where I will be a vendor, though I have been told if I do I won't be the only CD there with a beard. Might have to post a poll about it.

Well I think that if you want to have a beard, go for it! Who says dressing up and facial hair are necessarily incompatible?

serinalynn
02-24-2007, 11:36 PM
I had a mustash until christmas 2000 but have been clean shaven since

QZ2
02-24-2007, 11:59 PM
I am really surprised how many CDers are with beard. Me too. I have had a full beard for over 35 years. My wife has never seen me without it. Once in a while I say something like, "Maybe I'll shave it off and see what I look like." Her comeback is. "NO! Don't ever shave it off. I like it too much. I like the way you look with a beard and it is so soft!"

She does not know about my dressing and having the beard keeps me off the streets, so to speak. I have a full lenght mirror, almost. I stand in front of it and I can see myself from the neck down and use my imagination for the rest of it.

Susie

Tina B.
02-25-2007, 01:02 AM
In my younger days, the wife loved me in a moustache, and I would at times grow a beard, but when I had either, I would only dress when I was home alone, and I stayed away from mirrors, but for years now I have stayed clean shaven, and no longer fear mirrors!
Tina B.

Suzie S.
02-25-2007, 05:03 AM
Nope, never had a moustache or beard. I've been clean shaven since I sprouted my first hair at puberty. :happy:

lisa68
02-25-2007, 05:07 AM
I once in a while get the urge to grow goat- tee for awhile until I shave it and my legs. I guess I please both sides of the coin.

Ally K
02-25-2007, 10:34 AM
I've been growing a beard since I've been able to. I've had mine for 4 years or so (had facial hair longer than that... but it just wouldn't connect to form the beard lol).

I like the way my male self looks with it, and so does everyone else. But I like to shave it from time to time. Although, my SO HATES when I shave (and yes, she knows about my crossdressing). I want to shave my body as well, but she doesn't want me to do that either. Says she likes my hairy chest and legs. Bleh. I like being clean shaven from the neck down. It feels so good! (and its been so long!)

-Ally

Juanita O
02-25-2007, 12:15 PM
hi

I can only stand facial hair for a few days, then I shave it off. I tryed a mustache before I went in the Air Force.

michellebesweet
02-26-2007, 12:31 AM
Love all the responses girls

"Mary"
02-26-2007, 06:55 AM
I had a moustache for a few years. Now I stay clean shaven (face and ...... Hmmm). I'm finding that the beard growth is not as thick and tough as it was in my 30's, and easier to cover up.

Casey Morgan
02-26-2007, 07:27 AM
People with beards in skirts and heels are probably far more advanced in their thinking than I but I still don't like it.

From what I've seen, they're not more advanced in their thinking, they're just coming from a different place, that's all. Someone I know online talks a bit about being "a guy in a dress". He says that wearing a dress is him and having a beard is him too, so why should he have to choose. He's just gotten to the point where he's tired of not being himself. There are terms for that (and if it wasn't so darned early I might be able to come up with a good one) but I don't feel that "more advanced in their thinking" is one of them.

For me, being clean shaven does help with my image, but I honestly like how I look without the beard and mustache. That's also the me I recognize from when I first started thinking I was broken, so maybe it's also that that's the person I need to see in the mirror right now. But I could see myself going back and forth between being clean shaven and having the beard and moustache. It's just a style thing, after all.

Lisa Golightly
02-26-2007, 07:31 AM
Mines been lasered off... so, erm... No beard to see here :)

krissysSecret
02-26-2007, 07:34 AM
Being a "stay at home" cd, I have had a goatee for a long time( used to be a beard). My guy self looks much better with some facial hair although I wish that weren't true.Every now and then, I will shave it off and get dressed with makeup and have some fun. Some of my co-workers know that I crossdress AND they give me that "what have you been up to " look when I show up at work with a clean face! Its all fun....
Krissy

Kali
02-26-2007, 08:46 AM
Well I think that if you want to have a beard, go for it! Who says dressing up and facial hair are necessarily incompatible?

Well, if you read this thread you'll see that there are crossdressers who are just as judgmental about "how" people who crossdress should be look there are those in the world who are just as judgemental about why crossdressing is wrong.

Remember, just because you are a CD doesn't mean that you can't be as narrow or closeminded as anyone else. I think other than our shared joy in crossdressing, we are a representative sample of society as a whole, with all the ingrained prejudice that implies.

Alice Torn
02-26-2007, 08:46 AM
I always shave all facial hair off, before I cd, but when I abstain for a time, i let mustache grow some. My housemate, is a gg, with a mustache, has never shaved it. Strange times, guys who shave off facial hair, gg's with mustache, who never shave!! Bizzarro world!?

Raychel
02-26-2007, 07:42 PM
When I was younger I used to grow a beard in the winter time. I did itch and drive me crazy most of the time. Now I shave all the time. Besides my wife hates beards.

satinunderneath
02-26-2007, 07:47 PM
I have to shave for my job, Uncle Sam's bitch boy LOL, but on the weekend my SO loves me to let it grow. I think I look ridiculous in a nighty and a goatee, but she says I look ridiculous in just a nighty, so it is a nice compromise

charles1
02-26-2007, 08:10 PM
my beard is not real heavy but i must shave everyday. my legs and underarms are fairly light and whwn i have the luxury of shaving them it is so feminizing and sweet

Amiad
03-03-2007, 05:06 PM
I have to shave for my job, Uncle Sam's bitch boy LOL, but on the weekend my SO loves me to let it grow. I think I look ridiculous in a nighty and a goatee, but she says I look ridiculous in just a nighty, so it is a nice compromise

Satinunderneath, You made me laugh!:D I love your post. And to answer the original thread, I like my self in a beard, goatee, mustache or just plain stubble. When I feel serious about my dressing, whatever I have on my face comes off.

Amiad

Byllie
03-03-2007, 06:12 PM
Yes, I too have a beard 24/7, and my wife loves it, so it stays. This raises a question in my mind. Someone mentioned that going to a meeting dressed but with beard was down upon. So I ask, in your opinion, is it perfectly acceptable to have a beard and be en femme otherwise? Also, how would feel about those who poo-poo wearing a beard and a dress?

Kendra Irene
03-04-2007, 02:01 PM
Yes, I too have a beard 24/7, and my wife loves it, so it stays. This raises a question in my mind. Someone mentioned that going to a meeting dressed but with beard was down upon. So I ask, in your opinion, is it perfectly acceptable to have a beard and be en femme otherwise? Also, how would feel about those who poo-poo wearing a beard and a dress?

I have had a beard for over 35 years. My wife had not seen me without until 3 weeks ago. The CD social club that I belong to (just over a year) has fully accepted me and the my beard. I feel that the first step out, is to find a group that is accepting and helps put you at ease.

:hugs: Kendra

Sierra Evon
03-04-2007, 02:40 PM
I always get a five 'o clock shadow , I have to shave daily !!!!!!!!!!

Peggy55
03-04-2007, 02:45 PM
I mostly keep my face clean shaved, but sometimes I like to grow my beard and mustache out for a few weeks or a month, my SO likes my beard, gee I wounder why? Do any of the other girls do that. I find I get questioned alot by freinds, relatives and co-workers why I shave and grow it so often. Most of the time I answer, " Because I feel like it". " Got a problem with that."

I'm looking at your avatar and you are so pretty! I can't imagine a beard on that face! I keep a moustach and have to photoshop it out in pics I take!

EricaCD
03-04-2007, 02:49 PM
I had a beard for years. Sadly, it is indeed an insuperable obstacle to getting out as a CD--unless you are as naturally lovely, brave, and comfortable as our friend Butterfly Bill!!!

That said, I will say that the long hiatus in shaving is a big part of the reason that the skin on my face is still in relatively good shape. And I try to give my face at least one day a week off from shaving for just that reason.

Best!
Erica

Lovely Rita
03-05-2007, 02:35 PM
My SO hates any stubble beard or mustache, and I am very pleased.

SherylynJade
03-05-2007, 04:17 PM
my so cant stand for me to have any stubble at all on my face, but every now and then I like to have a goattee, even though work won't let me wear it.