PDA

View Full Version : Yes, Sir!

CaptLex
02-24-2007, 08:11 PM
I've been feeling kind of down today (all week, really), and completely unmotivated to do anything. I know it's a combination of things: recovering from surgery, winter blues, cabin fever, not passing, yada yada yada . . . So I decided to go out for a while before the walls closed in on me - you know, take a walk, get some fresh air (well, fresh for NY), sunshine, exercise, etc. And before going out I got "butched up": painted on some eyebrows, darkened my moustache with brow pencil, strapped on the binder and donned my baseball cap.

I walked to the main shopping street in my area (got a few of those "is that a boy or a girl?" looks on the way) and decided to get something to eat once I got there. Went to a fast food place and when I got to the counter the young woman said, "Can I help you, sir?" I thought I was dreaming. :eek: You know that never happens to me. I suppressed the urge to grin, but that changed my mood immediately. I was so happy, I didn't touch the ground the whole way home. :c9:

It's so funny how such a little word can make a world of difference. I just wanted to share that.

*goes off singing* Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy . . .

Kieron Andrew
02-24-2007, 08:14 PM
yay!!!:Party2: .....told you it was only a matter of time

Iniquity Blonde GG
02-24-2007, 08:17 PM
well chuffed hun :hugs: lol ere its just OI !! you get greeted with lol :rolleyes: like you say little things mean more :D

CaptLex
02-24-2007, 08:18 PM
yay!!!:Party2: .....told you it was only a matter of time
And you're always right. Take a bow. :bow:

Kieron Andrew
02-24-2007, 08:19 PM
i bet your passing was helped by you feeling moody too! that always seems to help me lol.....

CaptLex
02-24-2007, 08:19 PM
well chuffed hun :hugs: lol ere its just OI !! you get greeted with lol :rolleyes: like you say little things mean more :D
It's a good thing Kieron posted that English expressions thread, or I would need a translation for that. :lol2: Thanks, Wicked! :happy:

CaptLex
02-24-2007, 08:20 PM
i bet your passing was helped by you feeling moody too! that always seems to help me lol.....
Hadn't thought of that. Yeah, maybe I had a mean look . . . though not as mean as that bulldog you got. :heehee:

Kimberley
:thumbup:

Cool! It can make all the difference in the world.

:hugs:

kerrianna
:^5: :thumbup:
Yay! So happy for you. I'm glad the universe gave you what you needed today Captain. :hugs:

nice avatar Kieron

pocoyo
02-24-2007, 08:21 PM
Yamon.... told u it would happen soon ;)

You know I'm sooo happy for you dude :hugs:
That made my day to hear that.

Feeeells sooo gooooodddd......

Awesome :D:thumbsup:

Definitely celebration time :cheers:

CaptLex
02-24-2007, 08:26 PM
Hey, the Canadian K sisters are here (sounds like a singing group). Thanks Kimberley and Kerrianna . . . :hugs: I guess that was what I needed to get out of the dumps - and here I thought it was Johnny Depp (although that would have worked too). :heehee:

Thanks, Poc. I think this calls for a celebration too . . . *looks around for the rum*

Kimberley
02-24-2007, 08:28 PM
Yup. K and K squared....:D

But I'm the older one....

Tristan
02-24-2007, 08:57 PM
*slides Sir Lex a bottle of rum*

Yay man!

CaptLex
02-24-2007, 09:03 PM
*slides Sir Lex a bottle of rum*

Yay man!

Awww, thanks man! :^5: Hey, a young man showing proper respect . . . Tristan, you are quickly becoming my new favorite. :cheers:

Tamara Croft
02-24-2007, 09:23 PM
I can only imagine you wanting to jump up and down hearing that :dance: however..... should you feel this way again, I have my size 5'z (riggers) and I'll come :kickbutt: they'll hurt... a lot.... don't make me have to use this too :dom: (maybe you'll like it though :heehee: )

CaptLex
02-24-2007, 09:36 PM
I can only imagine you wanting to jump up and down hearing that :dance: however..... should you feel this way again, I have my size 5'z (riggers) and I'll come :kickbutt: they'll hurt... a lot.... don't make me have to use this too :dom: (maybe you'll like it though :heehee: )
Hey, what happened to the kinder, gentler, mellow Tamara? I should have known that was a limited time offer. Be nice to me or I'll call our security chief - Kieron the British Bulldog. :tongueout

Tamara Croft
02-24-2007, 09:38 PM
Hey, what happened to the kinder, gentler, mellow Tamara? I should have known that was a limited time offer. Be nice to me or I'll call our security chief - Kieron the British Bulldog. :tongueout:lol: I told you.... don't make me use this on you :dom: I'll show you how nice I can be with it :heehee:

CaptLex
02-24-2007, 09:40 PM
:lol: I told you.... don't make me use this on you :dom: I'll show you how nice I can be with it :heehee:

Promises, promises . . . just as long as you call me "sir". :lol2:

Tamara Croft
02-24-2007, 09:42 PM
Promises, promises . . . just as long as you call me "sir". :lol2:Only if you call me mistress ;)

This thread is just going downhill :lol: so naughty!!!!

CaptLex
02-24-2007, 09:44 PM
Only if you call me mistress ;)

This thread is just going downhill :lol: so naughty!!!!
That's okay . . . I missed you (shh you didn't hear that). :shh:

Tamara Croft
02-24-2007, 09:48 PM
That's okay . . . I missed you (shh you didn't hear that). :shh:Sorry...... what was that??? didn't quite hear you...... oh.... what......

YOU MISSED ME HUH???
:hiding:

CaptLex
02-24-2007, 09:50 PM
Oh geez, I forgot . . . nothing gets past you. :heehee:

Tamara Croft
02-24-2007, 09:52 PM
Oh geez, I forgot . . . nothing gets past you. :heehee:LOL...... yeah and you're not getting past me either..... bend over :spank:

CaptLex
02-24-2007, 09:54 PM
Oh, no . . . where's that bulldog when I need him? :p

Tamara Croft
02-24-2007, 09:57 PM
Oh, no . . . where's that bulldog when I need him? :pHe's a bit tied up, you're on your own :lol:

Kieron Andrew
02-24-2007, 09:57 PM
Oh, no . . . where's that bulldog when I need him? :p
huh? eh?? did someone say something??........there's nothing in my work contract that says save you from Tamara lol.......even im scared of her lol:eek:

CaptLex
02-24-2007, 09:58 PM
huh? eh?? did someone say something??........there's nothing in my work contract that says save you from Tamara lol.......even im scared of her lol:eek:
Ack! I was afraid of that . . . ruuuuuunnnn! :eek:

boi_0h
02-24-2007, 09:59 PM
Slainte, that's awesome. Glad it brightened up your mood too :dance: :dance:

Tamara Croft
02-24-2007, 09:59 PM
You're scared of me???????? oohhhhhhhh........... you big fibber :p and who let you out of your ropes...... grrrrr....... :slap:

CaptLex
02-24-2007, 10:00 PM
Slainte, that's awesome. Glad it brightened up your mood too :dance: :dance:
Thanks, Shaun. I was doing that little dance too . . . and this one. :twirl:

Tristan
02-24-2007, 10:13 PM
*Draws his sword then takes a good look at Tamara then glances at the guys fleeing deciding maybe they have the right idea after all*

Tamara Croft
02-24-2007, 10:18 PM
*Draws his sword then takes a good look at Tamara then glances at the guys fleeing deciding maybe they have the right idea after all*LOL..... I have a samurai sword... and I'm not afraid to use it....... :bringiton: :bringiton:

:tongueout

MJ
02-24-2007, 11:42 PM
captain sir
i am so happy for you. it was only a matter of time, :happy: again i think it was your mood that help you as well.

bi_weird
02-25-2007, 12:30 AM
CONGRATS! *hands out yet another party hat and brownie, this time with those candles which relit when blown out*
*laughs as the Cap tries to get the candles to go out*
*helps him out so he can eat his brownie*
That's most excellent, dude, I'm glad for ya.

Abraxas
02-25-2007, 12:52 AM
Dude, RAWK! That's awesome!
:D :D :D

Felix
02-25-2007, 04:09 AM
Well good morning to you Sir how wonderful for you :hugs: :hugs: I bet it made you feel a hundred foot tall!! It's things like that that make all the difference to ya self esteem and confidence. Maybe ya wanna don that make up again and the outfit get a few more Sirs and away ya go :thumbsup: xx Felix :hugs:

Kate Simmons
02-25-2007, 04:39 AM
That's great Cap ( I think I got your point after reading all the banter here). It's a big difference also when it's an honest comment from someone and not just a patronizing one, isn't it? I've had both while out as Sal.

Adam
02-25-2007, 05:50 AM
cool im pleased for you hope its the first of many sir to come :D

John
02-25-2007, 06:35 AM
Neet, good for you :thumbup: . Passing's one of the best things that can happen when you're dressing, I thing. It's like you're being validated or something...

Glad it stopped you feeling bad too. :D

pocoyo
02-25-2007, 08:31 AM
*Draws his sword then takes a good look at Tamara then glances at the guys fleeing deciding maybe they have the right idea after all*

*chuckles* :heehee: Tristan's cool. Funny fella.

Kieron Andrew
02-25-2007, 08:32 AM
*chuckles* :heehee: Tristan's cool. Funny fella.
i knew you'd like him when i told him to join :heehee:

pocoyo
02-25-2007, 08:43 AM
Yeah I really do, nice guy :D
Good call on the getting him to join dude :hugs:

Tristan
02-25-2007, 10:45 AM
Yeah I really do, nice guy :D
Good call on the getting him to join dude :hugs:

There was a lot of torture involved, but it's ok I didn't mind. :beatup:

Kieron Andrew
02-25-2007, 10:46 AM
There was a lot of torture involved, but it's ok I didn't mind. :beatup:
oh you so lie!! :rolleyes: :tongueout

Tristan
02-25-2007, 10:50 AM
oh you so lie!! :rolleyes: :tongueout

:whistling:

pocoyo
02-25-2007, 10:55 AM
Hehehe! *puts on sweet, sympathetic uncle voice* ....
Has that Kieron been getting mean again?
Awww pooor Tristan... mean Kieron! *Harry Hill voice*... bad Kieron, dirty Kieron... in your bed!
:heehee:

CaptLex
02-25-2007, 11:17 AM
You're wise to run from Tamara, Tristan. Even the bulldog can't help us there (even though he bullies people to join).:heehee:

Thank you, Marissa, Abraxas, Adam and Joshua. :hugs:

Yay, I got a brownie from Bi (with trick candles and everything)!

You're right, Felix, the "butching up" helps, but it's a hassle to do that every day. It's worth it, though. :D

Good point, Salandra, it's probably the first time I knew somebody wasn't just humoring me - makes a big diff. :happy:

Kieron Andrew
02-25-2007, 11:19 AM
(even though he bullies people to join).:heehee:

i bloody well did not.....i just advised him that i thought he would have fun here!

Tristan
02-25-2007, 11:21 AM
i bloody well did not.....i just advised him that i thought he would have fun here!

and you were right it is. Thanks :)

Dasein9
02-25-2007, 11:24 AM
LOL..... I have a samurai sword... and I'm not afraid to use it....... :bringiton: :bringiton:

:tongueout

Yeh. I've got a two-handed broadsword I made myself. Your samurai sword can't even come close enough to cut. :tongueout:

CaptLex
02-25-2007, 11:27 AM
Yeh. I've got a two-handed broadsword I made myself. Your samurai sword can't even come close enough to cut. :tongueout:
Uh oh . . . baiting Tamara . . . :eek: *runs*

Kieron Andrew
02-25-2007, 11:30 AM
Uh oh . . . baiting Tamara . . . :eek: *runs*
either hes not very clever or he's incredibly brave lol

Dasein9
02-25-2007, 11:32 AM
No doubt it's the former.

I do have the broadsword, but I made it for a props class. There's no blade, and it's only good for bopping Little Rabbit Foo Foo on the head!

Kate Simmons
02-25-2007, 11:45 AM
Well, hell anytime Tam wants to spar with katanas, I've got three of 'em. One for each(!?) hand.:heehee:

Tamara Croft
02-25-2007, 12:51 PM
Yeh. I've got a two-handed broadsword I made myself. Your samurai sword can't even come close enough to cut. :tongueout::lol: yeah but my size 5'z will make your butt sore :tongueout

Dasein9
02-25-2007, 12:52 PM
Size 5 what's? ;)

uknowhoo
02-25-2007, 01:04 PM
Rock on, Capt! That's just too cool. I'm tickled pink 4 u! :D :hugs:

CaptLex
02-25-2007, 01:12 PM
Rock on, Capt! That's just too cool. I'm tickled pink 4 u! :D :hugs:

Aww, thanks Tammi. It's amazing how one little "sir" has managed to erase tons and tons of "ma'ams". :D

princessmichelle
02-25-2007, 01:43 PM
... Went to a fast food place and when I got to the counter the young woman said, "Can I help you, sir?" I thought I was dreaming. :eek: You know that never happens to me. I suppressed the urge to grin, but that changed my mood immediately. I was so happy, I didn't touch the ground the whole way home. :c9:

It's so funny how such a little word can make a world of difference. I just wanted to share that.

*goes off singing* Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy . . .

Congratulations, Sir.

pm

CaptLex
02-26-2007, 12:56 AM
Congratulations, Sir.

pm
Thanks, Michelle . . . :koc:

ZenFrost
02-26-2007, 05:32 PM
Way to go! It's amazing the difference one little word can make, it can make a day so much better or so much worse. (And to think, some still say the sword is mightier than the pen, though I suppose it would be a pretty bad day if you got run through with a sword.)