PDA

View Full Version : Who Burns ?

RobertaFermina
02-25-2007, 04:16 AM
As in BurningMan!

I have attended BurningMan for the last two years as a member of the Camp "DeepHeaven".

My "Playa Name" is 'Honey'.

It was at the Burn last year that I took my wig and some blouses and skirts and ignited Crossdressing from a "once every 4 years" thing into a consistent part of my lifestyle.

Although I dressed each night as cute as can be, including my beard !

I will return to DeepHeaven and BurningMan this year - we are already in planning meetings.

Are You a Burner ?

How about connecting here in the "Default World" and planning a meetup (or two or three) on the Playa ?

:rose: Green Woman :rose:

amanda barber
02-25-2007, 04:20 AM
Never made it there :(

Planned to make it one year, was actually in the area one other year but it never happened.

Christina Nicole
02-25-2007, 12:19 PM
What are you burning?

I burn:
60 gallons of mid-grade gas per week in my truck
10 or so gallons of premium gas per week in my car
25 gallons of gas per week in my wife's car
200 therms per month of natural gas to heat the house in the winter
1/2 cord of hardwood per year for the fireplace
2 megawatts per month to cool the house in the summer
200 gallons of mid-grade gas to run the boat each weekend during the summer.

What do you burn?

Warm regards,

Christina Nicole

Michelia
02-25-2007, 12:42 PM
That have no idea what this is - some background, Roberta?

BTW, I have been attending a UU church for about 10 years off and on, so I followed keenly your coming out there.

You seem a pretty interesting lady. So you have made me curious with this burning man.

Christina-

you are something else, girl. LOL.

Michelia

LisaRose
02-25-2007, 01:36 PM
Never been ever though I'm only about 100 miles from the Black Rock. It's gotten too expensive. Every August I'm asked at least a 1/2 dozen times if I'm a Burner. Camping gear and food at the local Wally Mart is the last stop for attending Burners.

Have fun next year. Maybe I'll make it someday.

For those who want more info. Here's the 'Official' WEB site:

http://www.burningman.com/

JeanneF
02-25-2007, 01:42 PM
Went once back in college (1999), during my "crunchy hippie" period, with a bunch of school friends. :)

It was A LOT of fun. I was in total boy mode, but it definitely was an environment where you could dress however you want without someone judging you. Unfortunately, I've never been able to get back out there since. Nevada is a long drive from Ohio.

Joy Carter
02-25-2007, 02:30 PM
As in Burning Man!

I have attended Burning Man for the last two years as a member of the Camp "Deep Heaven".

My "Playa Name" is 'Honey'.

It was at the Burn last year that I took my wig and some blouses and skirts and ignited Cross dressing from a "once every 4 years" thing into a consistent part of my lifestyle.

Although I dressed each night as cute as can be, including my beard !

I will return to Deep Heaven and Burning Man this year - we are already in planning meetings.

Are You a Burner ?

How about connecting here in the "Default World" and planning a meet up (or two or three) on the Playa ?

:rose: Green Woman :rose:

Should this be " Brurning Person " ? It would please the PC crowd and everyone would know it's just not for men.:rolleyes: LoL

This sounds like a really great time, but I don't think I'd make it any none time to soon.

Tina B.
02-25-2007, 11:26 PM
Always wanted to go back in the olden days, but never made it, saw some film footage of last years, I think it has changed a lot since back when it begain, or maybe I'M JUST GETTING TO OLD.

Michelle 51
02-26-2007, 08:26 AM
What are you burning?

I burn:
60 gallons of mid-grade gas per week in my truck
10 or so gallons of premium gas per week in my car
25 gallons of gas per week in my wife's car
200 therms per month of natural gas to heat the house in the winter
1/2 cord of hardwood per year for the fireplace
2 megawatts per month to cool the house in the summer
200 gallons of mid-grade gas to run the boat each weekend during the summer.

What do you burn?

Warm regards,

Christina Nicole

You got share's in your own oil tanker or what.No wonder there's global warming.I'm just teasing you Christina.I burn my fair share also Justabit

Kahlan51
02-26-2007, 08:53 AM
Always wanted to go back in the olden days, but never made it, saw some film footage of last years, I think it has changed a lot since back when it begain, or maybe I'M JUST GETTING TO OLD.
I went in 05 and it was incredible. Older can be a problem if you let it. All the people I camped with were 20 something oldest 33 and in many ways I was the most outrageous. Kahlan

Carroll
02-26-2007, 09:37 AM
I used to live in Reno, NV but never made it up there during the Burning Man. Lets face it, some of the people that attend are just down out wierd! Maybe some day I'll make it back out that way to join the fun