PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good thing? Age Related Acceptance

Wendi0012
02-25-2007, 10:48 AM
Hi girls! I have in one way or another been cding since my early teens. There have been spots in my life where one thing or another has kept me from being Wendi. About 4yrs ago or so I meet my so and coming to this day she is so much the love of my life. The point is she is accepting of who I am and instills the well being of wendi. I have noticed an overwhelming aceptance of society as awhole to wendi also. Could this be true that people are really accepting people as who they are and not who they think they should be. Ladies ask any women between 16-24 and you'll be suprized how many encourage us. The same is also true for boys 20-24 sorry for such a small age group on boys.
Please let me know if this relates to anyone at all, xoxoxox:love:

myMichelle
02-25-2007, 12:40 PM
Hmmmm...I've never actually thought about it in terms of a specific age range. I do believe that it is easier for anyone under about 80 to accept us than it is for some senior citizens. As I said, I've never spent a lot of time thinking about it--but it sure is nice to think that maybe, just maybe people are begining to change the way(s) they think about us. Whether or not it's true, I think it's a comforting thought that perhaps crossdressing is becomming a bit more mainstream. At least maybe mainstream enough to find some level of acceptance...

Sheri 4242
02-25-2007, 01:08 PM
I am convinced that there is some merit in what I hear you saying. It does seem to me that there is more acceptance today than there used to be, and that this broader acceptance is mainly found in younger people. Well, let me quaify and define this: the general range of wider acceptance does seem to be found in younger adults, especially gg's in their early 20's. This is "versus" the percentage of acceptance generally found in older generations -- like my generation (I'm 54). Of course my observations are generalizations!!! I know several gg's in their 20's who are VERY accepting, yet I also know a few who absolutely are not!!! I have also noted that certain geographic areas seem to have more people who are accepting and/or more tolerant than other areas. For example, I have found the further south in Florida that I have traveled, the better. Strange sounding maybe, but this has been my actual experience. Finally, as far as my generation goes, I have found some acceptance that might not have existed years ago. For example, I recently went to a high scool reunion where I ended up revealing my cd side to a few gg's I hadn't seen in 30 years. One put it this way: 30-plus years ago they wouldn't have understood or been accepting. Today they aplauded me for being who I am. Interesting observation you have had!!!

Barbara Joanne74
02-25-2007, 01:11 PM
I would agree. I have noticed that the younger sales girls and guys are very happy to help you and dont act judgemental towards you(to your face anyway) The older women and men are a lot more outwardly judgemental even if they dont say anything

Barbara

JeanneF
02-25-2007, 01:29 PM
I think the big difference involves when a person grew up. Because most people equate crossdressing with homosexuality (and yes, I KNOW most CDs are hetero), people who went to high school in the 90s and 00s are WAY more accepting of gay people and thus are much more likely to be cooler with dressing.

I know when I was in high school (graduated 1997), we had a handful of openly gay and lesbian students, and it was a non-issue. And talking with friends who have graduated even more recently, it's even more common (and actually somewhat "cool"). If you're exposed to alternative lifestyles, and you find them non-threatening, the you're probably going to be an accepting person.

It's much like how people who grew up in the 80s or later tend to be a lot more racially tolerant than older people...if you grow up in an environment where something is considered acceptable, you're much more likely to not be offended by it.

Sheri 4242
02-25-2007, 01:43 PM
Lisa has added more insight with merit on this subject. I once read that it was amazing (at the time the author wrote this -- probably mid 90's) that our society had become more tolerant of gay and lesbians (yes, a generalization, but with truthful elements), yet the sight of a man in woman's clothing evoked (again, at that time) such tremendous negativism. I now think this is changing, too, albeit very, very, very slowly. At least many younger people (in their 20's) seem to have a better grasp that most cd'ers are hetero. My generation seemed to assume that if you were cd/tv that automatically meant you were gay. Thankfully this seems to be changing.

Marcie Sexton
02-25-2007, 03:58 PM
The only time out enfemme, I was treated with respect and no long stares, but then again it was the holiday season...plus you don't see many where I live either...

Tina B.
02-25-2007, 06:18 PM
people have been exposed to more, so it has taken away some of the fear of us, gays have been out more, and up front, so they are becoming more mainstream.
when I was young not much was known by most people, so they did not have to think about it.
but remember while more young men are excepting, you have to remeber among 18 to 24 year old men you will also find the ones that are intorant enough to take a baseball bat to a gay, or crossdresser.
We still got along way to go baby!
Tina B.
Always best if you dress like a lady, think like a lady, play safe!!!

rickie121x
02-25-2007, 06:30 PM
In the last two years I have noticed that younger women seem to accept my role as a cross-dressed male much more readily. Of course I am so f-ing nice to them - maybe that makes the difference. But really, that is the way it seems. I live in an "over 55" subdivision, and it seems that the women here are pretty estranged to my role - not seeming to like it, or me, very much at all.

When I go to my favorite outings, BDSM parties, where there is plethora of younger ladies, some early 20's, they seem to be so very cool about it. Of course, the environment is different.... Although I don't think that is the controlling factor.

So I agree with the thread premise, that there is an acceptance amongst young ladies who have grown up with more open minds than the earlier generations.

Rickie :dom: :GE:

toniinoz
02-25-2007, 09:02 PM
If being gay seems to be nowadays acceptable , and crossdressers are assumed by most to be gay , then why are we not accepted ????????????

Trisha
02-25-2007, 11:24 PM
my step kids are 12 years old thats the girl and 14 years old thats the boy all there freind mostly know me as trisha if this helps i here so meny times that this is the age that most of you fear but its just a few in that age group thats my :2c: on that but it is so far and apart that i get a comment that makes me feel down most people dont care what i look like or what i where