PDA

View Full Version : Any one else try OPI?

pattysue
02-06-2005, 10:44 PM
I have been trying Hard as Nails for a few months. So, far I like the shine, but for every day use it's to shinny for me. And seems to peel off to easy. After looking at different post and on the net. I found a polish/strengthener that has a matte finish. It's called OPI Matte finish. You are supposed to apply a new coat every other day. It will have a matte finish for about half a day depending how often you wash your hands. It never gets to shinny but will have a slight gloss to it (that really looks nice I think). And if applied every day your nails will have a slight Gray tint to them, after a week or so. As for the quality I think it's great compared to Hard as Nails. It doesn't appear to peel or crack if you nails slip off of say a door handle on the car when you are opening it, that seemed to happen when I was using Hard as nails. Has anyone else tried OPI?

Pattysue

DonnaT
02-06-2005, 11:51 PM
I like OPI. I haven't tried the matte finish though. I'll use the glossy nail strengthener, or the start to finish. No one has said anything at work.

On weekends I'll use color. OPI just seems to go on smoother and evens itself out better than some of the other polishes.

spaskinstyle
02-07-2005, 01:42 AM
Hello Patti Sue,
I just thought I'd pop in here and let you know that I am very familiar with OPI as one of the good brands that is available to professionals only more or less but you can get it at fine salons and on ebay. This is a very good brand of polish. I personally used to use it when I would go to the tanning salon because it would not turn yellow if I had a french manicure, but I digress. The OPI brand is really famous in salons and whatnot, they have a marvelous selection of colors and styles and they tend to come out with wonderful seasonal collections as well. I recently got there new catalog so if anyone needed me to look something up for them I wouldn't mind. The polish is great, usually lasts a long time and the finishes are perfect. Have a great Day Patti Sue.

Love Theresa

Jocee
02-07-2005, 08:54 AM
Has anyone else tried OPI?
Pattysue
OPI's Nail Envy is fantastic..... It has really helped strengthen my nails, and the matte finish is indistinguishable. If it does shine up, which it will do a little, a gentle buff will return it to a nice matte finish....

Joanna

KewTnCurvy GG
02-07-2005, 08:59 AM
More like I live and die by it!

:p

hugs
kew

ChristineRenee
02-07-2005, 09:01 AM
Jocee is absolutely right. OPI IS fantastic. My tech at the salon recommended it to me for strengthening my nails and it surely does that. Plus I love the matte finish. OPI is a keeper ladies!;)

Love,
Chrissie:)

Paula A
02-07-2005, 09:32 AM
Nail Envy By OPI is really great stuff and worth every penny. Does not chip or scratch anywhere as easily as other brands and I believe it works as far as stengthening and thickening you nails, but you need to use it all the time. I also find that if you use hand lotion the finish will become semi-glossy, that you can not just buff out, but it's not the ultra High Gloss of other brands. Drys fast and hardens quickly. GOOD STUFF.

Leslie(TV)
02-07-2005, 10:46 AM
I'm a licensed nail tech. Yes, OPI nail envy is great, matte or not.

Julie
02-07-2005, 02:34 PM
You can buy OPI products here. The first link is American and the second for the UK.

JJ

http://imageunique.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/opi_nailcare.html

http://www.lookfantastic.com/cgi-bin/lf.storefront/en/Catalog/1521?google=opi

MichelleH
02-08-2005, 02:07 PM
I've been using OPI Nail Envy for about a month now and it's great!! Just did my nails again today. The difference in the strength of my nails is really noticeable. I use the matte finish and follow OPIs directions exactly--two coats at first, then one coat every other day, then take it off once a week and start over. If you like a little more gloss, but not too much, you can polish your nails with a soft cloth. You can also get a little shine by using a clear glossy polish as a base coat.

MichelleH