PDA

View Full Version : It felt so nice

Taylor105
02-25-2007, 11:13 PM
I have tried and tried to get my roommate to use male prefixes when speaking about me and she just won't. Well, tonight I started using the word he and him in reference to her. lol She was disgusted. So I told her that every time she refers to me as she or her I get that same disgusted feeling. Well, later in the evening I overheard her talking on the phone and she was talking about me. She said "Taylor has a toothache and he is going to go to the dentist tomorrow". I LOVED IT!!! This is a first for me. Hopefully it will be something she will try to do more often. :)

Kimberley
02-25-2007, 11:22 PM
Hmmmmm. Shock Therapy. I love it!!!

Congrats on getting through Taylor. Chalk one up for the good guys.

:hugs:
Kimberley

RevMoonSerpent
02-25-2007, 11:51 PM
I'm happy for you Taylor. Your solution to the problem should be listed somewhere as a how to and help. It's very unique and I would have never thought of it. :thumbsup:

CaptLex
02-26-2007, 01:06 AM
That's a great idea - and it worked! I've been thinking of responding to people who call me "ma'am" by the wrong salutation ("ma'am" for guys, and "sir" for women") to see if that gets their attention. Glad your roommate is coming around. :happy:

Evert
02-26-2007, 03:42 AM
Whoa! Cool!! :D :thumbsup:

Tamara Croft
02-26-2007, 11:16 AM
That's great to hear :D But it's a shame that we have to revert to something they don't like, in order to get the point across. Why can't people just accept that you want to be refered to as 'he/him'... just shows you what little respect is our there :( But I'm glad your roomate now get's it :D I hope she does this more often too... or just keep calling her 'he' :heehee:

ZenFrost
02-26-2007, 05:11 PM
Ha that's funny! And it seems like a good idea. I had a friend do the same thing to me but in a very different situation. It definately gets the point accross.

kerrianna
02-26-2007, 05:18 PM
Yay Taylor, good one! :thumbup:

I hope your tooth got fixed okay. Poor guy...I know what that's like. :hugs: :love:

bi_weird
03-04-2007, 11:40 PM
Hey congrats! That's awesome that it worked, though silly that you had to resort to that to get her to get it right. Does that sentence make sense?

Taylor105
03-24-2007, 01:26 PM
Hey guys. I hope all is well. Yeah, Karen is definitely not messing up her pronouns about me anymore. But we are no longer roommates either. lol Don't even ask. Peace out!

Kieron Andrew
03-24-2007, 01:28 PM
But we are no longer roommates either. lol Don't even ask. Peace out!
okkkkkkk! but you so cant leave us hanging lol:heehee:

Question Mark
03-24-2007, 05:48 PM
Hey, that's pretty clever! I'll be sure to try that at some point. Kudos.