PDA

View Full Version : Transitioing and the Wifes side of it

Cami_wi
02-26-2007, 12:23 AM
I found an artical and website that may bennift allot of S.O. wifes and girlfriends of CD's and TG girls. Seems to make sence to me and there
is also allot of Information on the site.

http://www.beaumontsociety.org.uk/wobs/challenge.html

Stephenie S
02-26-2007, 12:55 AM
I printed it out for my wife to read. Thanks

Stephenie

marie354
02-26-2007, 01:30 AM
I put a shortcut for it on my desktop so I can read it in the morning and I might just print it out for my SO to read as well.
Thanks a lot. From what I did read of it, it will be a very interesting read.

Joy Carter
02-26-2007, 05:23 AM
I have read this before and I totally agree. But what about us ? There has to be a balance for us CD/trans gender. My mental state was never good for years because I ignored who I am. The past six months have been good for us both. I was rough in the beginning but we are much closer now. Had I known thirty plus years ago this would not be going away, I would have told her before we got serious. I think we both now are experiencing unconditional love.

Katrina
02-26-2007, 04:45 PM
Interesting. When I read things like this, I want to either end my engagement, or kill myself. I'm not going to do either, so don't worry. I think that this wife doesn't understand just how much pain a TG person is in and has been in for however long they were in denial.

marie354
02-26-2007, 06:51 PM
I read the article this afternoon and I can understand that transitioning has to effect everyone involved from your youngest brother/sister up to the grandparents as well as friends, employers and co-workers.
To think that it would only effect the one transitioning would be silly.
Not to say that it isn't a hard thing for the one transitioning to have had made the decision in the first place. It's hard on everyone, I'm sure.