PDA

View Full Version : Reactions of GG customers while buying fem stuff in stores

heathr1
02-26-2007, 02:33 PM
Got any horror stories, or great stories?

I've had a few disgusting looks from GG shoppers while buying fem stuff and last week a GG customer looked totally baffled while standing near me when a sales girl was checking the price of a lipstick I was buying.

In a strange kind of way I loved the humiliation.

Staci G
02-26-2007, 02:42 PM
Had a couple of GG's talking about me and giggling but the SA told them to get out I was a paying customer they were looking is all (I was friends with the SA)

Tina B.
02-26-2007, 02:50 PM
I was buying a waist cincher, found what i wanted, got to the cash reister area, and there was a line. stood there among 3 or 4 middle aged women, and not one of them batted an eye, one even smiled and said good afternoon. but went it was my turn to pay, the SA was an older woman, and she gave me that, why do I have to serve the prevert look. but she said nothing, took my money, but no thank you or please come back. But most of the time they are all just great, but then I think I spend more money at one time than most GG's do.
Tina B.

JoAnnDallas
02-26-2007, 03:17 PM
A couple of days before last christmas, I stopped by VS and while browsing a SA came up to me and said "Wife or GF". I looked at her and said "Neither" She looked at me werid for a couple of moments and then it was like a light bulg lit up. She said "OH, UGHH do you know you size". I said "I'm a 12/14", which surpised her, but she help me look and did not buy anything, since most items had been pretty much picked over". She handed me her card and said "Ask for me next time your in the store".

Last month, I was getting my monthly pedicure/toe nail polish/maicure/fill/eyebrow wax when the GG sitting next to me comment on how pretty the red polished looked on my toes and then asked if she could borrow my polish. I said sure and my nail tech handed it to her after she was finished with my toes.

Sierra Evon
02-26-2007, 03:54 PM
I dont have any horror stories persay , just sometime the occassional frumpy looks , and giggle's , mostly un eventful , witch is just fine with me !!!!! :happy:

julie w
02-26-2007, 05:00 PM
not really anything bad , once buying a skirt drab the sales lady said enjoy !
another time shopping en femme the women at the check out didnt read me but another women in the store did and wispered in her ear she looked at me with a suprised look , I think the odd look you have to expect , most sale assistants would not dare say anything , I would ask for the manager if they did. I have a line I might use if a women says something derogatory to me my wife is very ill
and is house bound and to mind there own f&%$ business that should cure them

Joy Carter
02-26-2007, 05:22 PM
When I was getting my makeup done in Macy's, a young girl and a woman went out of their way to see what I looked like. I just smiled and waved. No one is going to shame me into not buying what I want.:D

linnea
02-26-2007, 05:28 PM
I was doing this too, and I had one woman who seemed to make a point of looking at me. She was with a girl whom I assumed to be her daughter, and neither of them really made anything of it. While I was still there, a younger woman and her friend came in; they looked my way and just smiled--no remarks, no giggles.
That's been the kind of experience I've usually had--so far no real horror stories.

When I was getting my makeup done in Macy's, a young girl and a woman went out of their way to see what I looked like. I just smiled and waved. No one is going to shame me into not buying what I want.:D

susie evans
02-26-2007, 05:32 PM
i don't worry about what others say are think i have had bothgood and bad experiances but it just comes with the teritory i can't let the little detailes stop me from being who i am :heehee:

susie

Mistress Frillee
02-26-2007, 05:47 PM
One time at sears, I was looking at all the panties & decided to buy about 5-6 pairs. There was a lineup at the cashier. As I was waiting in line, this older lady in the line mentions to me that those panties will never fit me! :eek: LOL How did she know they were for me? :D I was totally taken by surprise. I said they were for my gf. BUt she knew. LOL And she was trying to be nice. But damn if she was'nt right. I wish I would bump into her now. I would ask her what she would suggest!

cindychan
02-26-2007, 06:10 PM
I don't get looks or giggles that often. Sometimes the SA will ask "can I help you" a million times, which makes me think their a bit nervous. The only bad time thus far was when I went to a buger king and the people working there laughed at me, but that was when I was only wearing a wig and a very loose pink sweater without makeup on. I also worked at a place where we dressed up for holloween for the whole week. I wore a cute short black dress, blonde wig, black pantyhose and white pumps. One of the male customers came up to me put his arm around my waist, held my hand and started dancing with me! It was pretty funny.

Joy Carter
02-26-2007, 06:30 PM
I wish I would bump into her now. I would ask her what she would suggest!

That's the idea M F. Turn the tables on them. :devil:

PaulaJaneThomas
02-26-2007, 07:32 PM
Reaction from GG customers = none. Sorry if this disappoints you.

Wendy me
02-26-2007, 07:37 PM
none that i noticed shopping is fun and if your haveing fun then everyone you should be haveing fun too... i never had any trouble with GG customers .. i have a few rude sa's but we take care of that real quick...

trannie T
02-26-2007, 07:46 PM
I was at Villanova's in San Francisco {now closed-and missed.} The other customer in the store asked if I was buying frilly panties for myself. The owner quickly finished her transaction and ushered her out of the store. She apologised for her customer's behavior and helped me find a bra. When I paid her she gave me a pair of black panties.

Carroll
02-26-2007, 08:23 PM
I get some looks while I am in the under garment section.....while I am working!

Brenda Love
02-26-2007, 08:32 PM
If I owned a lingerie store I would instruct my employees to sell the merchindise to who ever wishes to buy it!!!!! a CD's money is just as good as a GG's!!!!!

My worst ever was trying to buy a panty/camosol set at sears.The sales lady gave me the cold "can I........help you":rolleyes:

Hugs
Brenda

Billijo49504
02-26-2007, 10:05 PM
A couple weeks ago, I went to Lane Bryant to pay my bill. I spotted a top I just had to have, and they had two 14-16.:D So I got both. When I was at the register, a customer said, " cute shirt but why two of them?" I told her one for my wife and one for me. She said, "Atleast you have good taste in clothes." I used one of my gift checks and asked her if she had any, she didn't so I gave her one of mine. I think it was for $50 off of $150, and she had more than that. So she was very happy with me...BJ

TheGirlNextDoor
02-26-2007, 10:30 PM
I had one in the bra section. I was minding my own business and this lady just comes out of nowhere and she was giving me all of this info about what women like to get as a gift, as if I was shopping for my girl. Finally she had to stop talking so she could take a breath, and I don't know what the hell came over me. But I just told her I was getting a bra for myself and she slammed her mouth shut and walked away like I was never there. :D

Bethany Ann
02-26-2007, 10:40 PM
Last week I bought several pair of panties and was walking out the door of Meijer when the alarm went off...Oh Crap. They stop you, lay everything out for all to see, then she found the tag the cashier forgot to remove and waved her little wand over it...and put it all back in the bag while 10 people just stared at me. Then she looked me in the eye and smiled ear to ear...it was 6:20 AM..hehe

Bethany

sandra-leigh
02-26-2007, 10:58 PM
Got any horror stories, or great stories?

I don't recall even once when I've had a problem with the GG customers, and in one of the local boutiques the customers are likely to give suggestions or comments (in a good way, I mean), treating me just like another GG shopping.

In a different local second-hand boutique, the owner wasn't thrilled to see me, and afterward more or less asked me not to come back during business hours -- she asked me to give them a call and they'd open up the store for me after hours. The owner's daughter meanwhile was busy trying to help me out just like any other customer; I got the impression that the daughter was less than impressed with the owner/mother's treatment of me. From conversations with other dressers later, I found out that I'd been much better treated than other dressers in the past.

But other than that, I've rarely been treated worse than "yet another customer I've never seen before and may well never see again.. when is my shift going to be over". And in a fair number of establishments, the SAs and owners great me with a smile and a "Welcome back", and don't shy away from helping me find something.

At one of the boutiques the other day, the owner greeted me by name as I walked in (as she always does), and made a point of mentioning that she'd just got some new stuff in that day and it was near the back of the store; she was so pleased with the quality of what she'd just gotten in, and wanted me to have a chance to look at it. What she'd gotten in was some lingerie such as some slips and camis and teddies. Unfortunately I could see at a glance that there wasn't a single item in the mix that would fit me, but it was still neat that the owner has accepted me and my dressing enough that she'd point out the lingerie, knowing that I would appreciate the fabric and the designs. This boutique owner is not TG-literate, and "making a buck" is no higher than her third priority. When I'm in there, she is not "marketting to crossdressing consumers": she's selling to "that nice young man with good taste who appreciates fine womens' clothes". It's like it has slipped her mind that there is anything unusual about me crossdressing. And really, what more could you ask? :o

Sweet Jane
02-27-2007, 01:14 AM
I've never had any trouble...sales assistants have often commented on what I am buying..I take that as a compliment...they invariably use the sales assistant line of...what a lovely top..etc...yeah, I think it gets easier the more you buy.

Delila
02-27-2007, 01:31 AM
I had a bit of a run in with a SA in a store. I was with my wife we were looking for lingerie for me the lady asked what size my wife was and when my wife told her it was clearly the wrong size (wife being in the DD range me in C). We implied that we wanted to look for our selves the lady stopped talking to us but followed and clearly threw me dirty looks until I made my wife leave.

Stephanie-L
02-27-2007, 02:40 AM
I have had many positive reactions from gg SAs and customers, including one who helped me when I was looking for a certain skirt, sugested a competitor, who had it. She asked me about it the next time I was in her store. The only two times I had negative reactions were 1) when I was very new to fully dressing and went into a mall in a rather rural area (read Redneck) and got a few laughs, and 2) when I was trying on shoes in my local "Big Feet" store and another customer complained loudly about all the CDs buying up the larger size shoes, (I was in drab trying on some pumps). All in all I have had many enjoyable experiences shopping for femme clothes.......Stephanie

TG-Taru
02-27-2007, 03:05 AM
when the alarm went off...Oh Crap. They stop you, lay everything out for all to see, then she found the tag the cashier forgot to remove

Oh yeah, happened to me too, I had bought a couple of evening dresses on sale, also had in my bag another dress I had had modified. Had exited women's department, went in men's, and the alarm went off. Store was empty pretty much, but was still nervous with 2 SA girls looking over my stuff. Found the tag, folded the stuff back up and I went to browsing. No comments or looks, at least when I was there :)

Melinda Lou
02-27-2007, 01:23 PM
I try to avoid other customers when shopping, just because I don't need the hassle. But I have had some funny encounters with female sales clerks. I bought some panties in the girls' department at a Sears once and was checked out by a cute young female SA. Trying to make small talk and put me (and herself) at ease, she first asked me if I had a daughter, which I didn't quite hear, then asked me if they were for my daughter. I answered "yes", sheepishly, then I saw the wheels turning in her head as she figured out that I was too young to have a daughter big enough to wear a that size (18-1/2), and that meant they were for...me. She blushed bright red and tried to cover her embarrassment by talking about her date that night. It was sort of cute. And as someone else mentioned, I sort of enjoyed the humiliation.

Another time, I was doing the same thing in another Sears, and the young female SA gave me the opposite reaction...she thought I was actually buying for a daughter, and said to me, "I bet this just makes your day, doesn't it?"--as if I'd been sent out with a list and a 6-pack of panties was on it. She was sympathizing with the humiliation she thought I was going through. I thought, "you don't know how right you are", at the way I actually felt.

KimberlyS
02-27-2007, 02:06 PM
Sorry Heather no horror stories. The only thing close to it would be one times I was out of town on business, I stopped at a mall on my way back to my room to get a bit to eat and walk the wall. I stopped at a Victoria Secret store to look and I a very helpful SA began helping me. I was kind of surprised that she wanted to be so helpful and did not go off to help others when I said I was just looking. I must have had like the buyer look, because she seem determined to help me. And when she found out I was looking for me, we had 4-5 bras picked out in no time and we were off to the fitting rooms. Well after trying on I came out kept one and handed the rest to the SA. As I turned, I see across the room a guy staring at me with with look of horror on his face. So does that count? His wife/GF was just shopping away. I would have loved to have been a bug on his shoulder when he started talking to his wife about me coming out of the fitting room with bras.

For the most part I get no reaction from others, smiles, grins, surprised or questioning looks, to GG's talking to me or asking me questions. Most of my shopping is in person, in male presentation.

And Sorry, I am not into the humiliation part. But glad you enjoyed it.

I have learned to accept myself and just be me. It allows me to enjoy more what I am doing and also seems to rub off on others in helping to accept me. Plus I do not look like some pervert sneaking around the lingerie department just to play with the merchandise. I am a shopper and that is my attitude.

Just be yourself, not someone else,

KimberlyS-CD
Joe in a Skirt

finacarina
02-27-2007, 02:27 PM
Ive been out and about for over 10 years and I have never ever had a negative reaction from any ggs or men. Maybe its easier in a place like LA. But no negative reactions ever, sorry to dissappoint.

lissetta
02-27-2007, 02:37 PM
Just went shopping at the local tj maxx.25% 0ff sale prices!Well got there when store opened and lo ..nothihg but us girls in the womens dept!Across the rack i overheard ..overhere dear is your size thankyou!

TV Wannabe
02-27-2007, 03:59 PM
Today I was @ walmart looking for a power cable for a portable dvd player, when I decided to look at the womens shoes, I walked around a corner and was looking at various sandals when I noticed that two young muslim girls were watching me heavily, I felt kind of embarrest so I just left.

vannesar
02-27-2007, 05:13 PM
Never really had a problem . I buy quite a bit of stuff in charity shops , a great place for nice quality undies , Charnos , lux lux etc.cheap tights and stockings. I get the occasional odd look but just say it's for the wife , we're both about the same size . I bought some dermablend in worcester last week
the Lady shop assisant had been on the training course to sell the product and was spot on with the skin colour match . I explained I was an "occasional user" and left it at that but bought some nice makeup brushes on special offer. ten out of ten for their service (Ogles in St. Johns). vanessa

myMichelle
02-27-2007, 05:19 PM
One of my greatest experiences involved another GG customer while I was shoe shopping. We were both standing next to each other in the same isle and looking at/trying on the same size shoes...I was enfemme, and had just slipped a pair of sandals on when the GG looked at me and said "Those really look nice on you!" I thanked her for her comment but little did she know how awesome her comment was or how good it made me feel.

SANDRA MICHELLE
02-27-2007, 05:21 PM
Almost always positive but i am sure after words they discussed the siting with there friends and embelished the story. I did have a couple of late teen early twenties girls laugh at me once and I called them on it. Asked them why they felt it appropriate to laugh at me since i didn't laugh at them for the way they were dressed. Both were woefully overweight with there entire middles exposed and short skirts. i was at least approprietly attired. I think that they will think twice before they ridicule another cd in the future.

Rachel Morley
02-27-2007, 11:01 PM
not really anything bad , once buying a skirt drab the sales lady said enjoy ! This exact same thing happened to me a few years ago. I was in drab, it was a long black skirt and the sales assistant handed me the bag after I'd paid and said "enjoy your skirt". I smiled and suddenly felt very hot! :o :o

Most of the time though, I've found that I rarely get any problems with clothes, makeup - that's a bit different. I've had a few weird looks when I've bought lipstick and mascara. If my wife ever asks me to go on an errand and get a couple of things from Walmart, and her feminine hygiene products are on the list, that can be a bit of a challenge for me depending on my confidence level. :D

Kathleen Ann Trees
02-27-2007, 11:20 PM
I'm not bold enough to try things on in stores, so I usually take the tack that I'm buying for the wife. We're a similar size so I can be quite confident and convincing that it's birthday or anniversary time.

It's a little hard to be convincing when buying bras or briefers. Husbands don't buy that stuff. Dresses, slacks, skirts, tops, and jammies are not a problem. I get my shoes at Payless. Most of their stores put the size 11 and 12's next to or across the aisle from the men's, so I'm convinced they promote us. They are so use to us, I've never had any sort of negative feedback.

When I have mentioned the items are for me, the SA's usually get a little flustered, just because of the unusual nature of the truth. But, they almost always try to be helpful.

My suggestion, choose your timing when stores are less crowded, and you'll be fine. If you get a negative reaction, politely leave. Their loss.

Kathleen

Deidra Cowen
02-27-2007, 11:35 PM
Thats why I do my very best to do 90% of my shopping in femme mode. I feel if they see how I look and how I carry myself I get more respect than if I am just a nervous guy in the ladys dept. :tongueout

On the bad side stories:
Was at my neighborhood liquor store with my old GG GF in femmy mode. This beautiful upperclass looking blonde lady had absolute look of shock and fear on her face when she figured out I was a Tgirl. My GF later pointed down to my crotch area and in my tight jeans my dang tuck job had come undone. I was mad about that, but learned to check down there when out in public... oh well.

At the convience store on a halloween night a nice looking old lady...kinda the church lady look was what she had going on gave me an absolute dirty stare as I passed her in my witch outfit.

On the good side:
A lady at the MAC store absolutely kept smiling and then started complimenting me on my hair, outfit, nails and jewerly as she was shopping. She had a friend with her who did not say anything but smiled too. I could tell they liked me. Still my best experience with real GGs out in public not at a bar.

Besides that I occasionally get smiles from GG customers out at the stores. I am good too now at doing femmy body language and mannerism. You know you look at another woman in the eye briefly, smile then keep going. Thats what trips up a lot of Tgirls and it did me too till I learned that move!

joanlynn28
02-27-2007, 11:38 PM
The closest thing lately was when I was grocery shopping Sunday night. I used my club card and appearantly Vons hasn't updated my Vonsclub card, the surfer cashier dude gave me a puzzled look when he handed me my receipt. It still had my male name printed on the bottom of the receipt and I was enfemme which is 24/7 for me now.

marie354
02-27-2007, 11:51 PM
If my wife ever asks me to go on an errand and get a couple of things from Walmart, and her feminine hygiene products are on the list, that can be a bit of a challenge for me depending on my confidence level. :D

I don't think I've ever had a girlfriend that didn't send my to the store for that kind of thing at least once while we were together, except my current SO... She is well past that stage.

sixstringplayer_58
02-28-2007, 02:06 AM
not really anything bad , once buying a skirt drab the sales lady said enjoy !
another time shopping en femme the women at the check out didnt read me but another women in the store did and wispered in her ear she looked at me with a suprised look , I think the odd look you have to expect , most sale assistants would not dare say anything , I would ask for the manager if they did. I have a line I might use if a women says something derogatory to me my wife is very ill
and is house bound and to mind there own f&%$ business that should cure them
julie w that was a good line i just tell them it is for a friend once looking at skirts at a thrift stor a gal came in i was dressed as a guy she looked at me and with a dumb look i told her the skirt was for me and i couldnt find my size she didnt say anything but i was ready to tell her off if she did i bough a pair of shoes in a thrift shop and the gal waiting on me siad thos was very heavy and she hoped my frind could handle the weight of the shoes i told the gal waiting on me it was her problem GOSH the gal wanting the shoes was me heheheheheh GLENDA:love:

lowlavalentine
02-28-2007, 08:54 AM
One time I was browsing in the misses department of Kohl's and had a woman come up to me and ask me where the petite's dept. was. I'm 6 ft. tall for goodness sake - why would I know where the petite's section was? I've noticed that quite a bit when out shopping or even walking down the street. Women like to talk to other women and as a passable cd you will be involved in these conversations whether you are prepared or not. It's difficult to pass all the time though. On one occasion after I had paid for a new pair of heels I had the cashier wish me a good day "sir". She was polite about it though.

My most outrageous experience while out shopping involved a man not a gg. I was waiting in the checkout line at a WalMart and a short fat guy in front of me in line turned around and came nose to nipple with my size 9 breastforms. I was wearing a tight top and he was so taken with the sight that he hardly took his beady little eyes off my fake boobs for the 5 minutes it took to work our way through the line. It would have been very rude behavior if I was a gg. As a cd, it was an experience that was somewhat rude but also somewhat validating, even if it was from a Danny DeVito clone.

Lowla

Mikey
02-28-2007, 01:25 PM
Thats the one reason I love living near Seattle, everyone is so open up here and no one cares about other peoples preferences. I have never had a negative shopping experience no matter where I shopped.

jjjjohanne
03-01-2007, 08:21 AM
Normally, I am very nervous and try to avoid other customers. However, people typically pay no attention to me. With that said, let me add that I either dress in drab or in femme drab. The most obvious femme drab I do is shorts with dark hose. Only three times have I ever been femme drab in a skirt (and that included dark hose -- and one time heels.)

Once a woman opened the door to my dressing room and I was standing there in a dress. She quickly shut the door and I said "Happy Halloween!"

A couple times, I noticed someone saw my outfit and gave a smile (as if they were humored.)

Once in Payless, an older woman saw me trying on some heels. I saw her later in a women's clothing store next door and she said to me, "I hope you are going to be in a bazaar." I told her, "Sorry, I am not." She was disapproving, yet not hateful.

Once I was in nude hose and shorts. I just tried on a dress and was returning it to the rack. I forgot how I was dressed. A family walked past me in the main aisle with my outfit in full view. I had never forgotten my clothes before. I was just too distracted. Only the daughters noticed. Both were under 10 years old. One smiled at me funny, and I couldn't figure out why she did that. Then the other started to laugh and covered her mouth. The smiler elbowed the other and they walked on by. Later, while I was checking out, these were in line nearby and the smiler checked me out again, but then paid me no attention.

When I have worn dark hose, some people notice me, but then look away again.

When I wore the skirt, people would look and then look away quickly so as to not be caught staring. Only one or two gave me a disapproving look. Two teenagers at Lady Foot Locker laughed out loud at me.

But, concerning what I was shopping for (and when I was dressed in masculine drab) I don't know of any time when any customers noticed what I was doing except for the following:
Once, I was in drab in the dresses section and this woman gave me an awful skunk eye. She didn't stop until I left.
In the shoe store, you have to try them on and you are in the size 12 women's section... you cannot hide it too well. People have looked and then went on with their business. Once (I was in obvious hose) a little girl walked by and looked intently at my legs. I try to avoid children. Later she and her mother walked by me again and she complimented me on my shoes (the ones I wore to the store.) I think her mother might have put her up to that to teach her to be respectful... but I don't know.

renee99
03-01-2007, 10:35 PM
I agree, children are annoying. Especially in gangs.

But snobby SA's are the most annoying of all. Especially the ones that play games like "forgetting" to deactivate the security on one of your items.

I think in the future, when I go shopping, I will carry some printed postage-paid postcards with me, that read as the following:

Dear <Executive name>,
Recently I was shopping at <Store location> when your associate <SA Name> refused to help me and generally exhibited a bad attitude towards my presence. If you do not take steps towards amending this situation, I will be taking my salary of $<Salary> per year and my clothing budget of $<Amount> per year to your competition and recommend that my friends do the same.

Cordially,
<Male name>

Then, after the SA mouths off, ask her for her name while making sure to blatantly show her what you are writing her name down on. She will then have several seconds in which she can offer an apology and change her attitude. Her refusal to do so then becomes implicit acceptance of the consequences after your postcard is mailed.

Karren H
03-01-2007, 11:25 PM
Never had a GG say anything to me when I'm out shopping enfemme or in drab!!! Had a few strange looks, more when I'm the only guy in the womans department, and I'm standing there in a male suit, holding up a dress checking for length!!! hehe

Love Karren

cdlaura2007
03-02-2007, 01:55 AM
I'm on a business trip this week and have finally gotten up the courage to go out shopping by myself. It has been so much fun. I wore my boring drab clothes since I still don't have a wig to go out with, but had a bra, panties and pantyhose on underneath.

What I found was that the sales associates were generally friendly and helpful. In two of the stores(Nine West and Victoria's Secret), they were very encouraging and even suggested I go and try things on. In a few others, I asked if I could try clothes on and none of the ones I asked had a problem with it. I have to admit, it was a lot of funning going into a women's clothing store and trying things on.

The customers generally ignored me, although I did get a few stares and looks. This was most obvious in Victoria's Secret when the associate kept coming into my room bringing me bras and other girly things. You could tell they were startled to see a guy walking out of the fitting room or tried to peek in when she opened the door to get a good look at the guy wearing a bra.

Joy Carter
03-02-2007, 06:00 AM
I have learned to accept myself and just be me. It allows me to enjoy more what I am doing and also seems to rub off on others in helping to accept me. Plus I do not look like some pervert sneaking around the lingerie department just to play with the merchandise. I am a shopper and that is my attitude.

Just be yourself, not someone else,

KimberlyS-CD
Joe in a Skirt

Atta gurl Kimberly !!!!!!!!! :D