PDA

View Full Version : My daughter is too perceptive!

sandy_folsom
02-26-2007, 11:12 PM
My daughter is seven years old and I need to be alert when she's around. ;)

First, she noticed that my toe-nails were painted. Okay, that's probably pretty obvious. I just explained it away that Mommy and Daddy were just playing around the other night.

Second, she noticed that I was looking at dresses in an ad for a local department store. I said that there were guy's clothes there also and showed her the two pages of men's clothing (as compared to the 10 pages of women's fashions).

So I have to be a bit more discreet when she's around!

Barb Valentine
02-26-2007, 11:19 PM
It's amazing what they'll notice
And speak there mind

CrossdressinGoth
02-26-2007, 11:26 PM
Kids are smarter than you think!

amen to that one sister

marie354
02-26-2007, 11:46 PM
We teach our children how react in any given situation as well. Unless you tell her that it's wrong for a man to paint his toes she probably won't have a problem with it. It's always been up to the parent as how their child learns and grows.

Brianna Lovely
02-26-2007, 11:47 PM
Kids are smarter than you think!

No, they're just more honest and open. Their minds have not been filled with societies trash yet, so they see things clearly, as they are.

Colleentg
02-27-2007, 02:11 AM
Yeah, kids are very in tune with things, and very inquisitive. My own daughter caught me wearing pantyhose while I was in bed sleeping. (My leg had become uncovered from the sheets). She was six then and asked her mother tons of questions to her. Her mother told her, (an untruth), that she dared me to do it and that it would never happen again. She was told never to bring it up again, to anyone. She held that, too. A few years later, she asked me why I pierced my ears, "boys don't wear earrings"! Even though I was wearing diamond studs at the moment! Then, like you, I got caught wearing nail polish, nothing bright, just a clear coat. I told her it was to make them harder and to protect them from this and that. Then after her mother and I separated, she was spending the day with me in my apartment, she asked why I was acting so much like a girl! Hmm, I never realized at the time that I was.

TG-Taru
02-27-2007, 03:22 AM
Denying and covering up will teach them not to ask when they're a bit older, still doesn't neccessarily mean they bought all the explanations. My niece has asked me if I was a boy or a girl, commented on my long nails and asked if my (toe) nails were polished (clear). She hasn't asked lately, but I'm pretty sure she still does notice.

Young kids don't judge, but are indeed open and curious. They will learn not to be so open, both sadly and happily. And, sadly, perhaps learn to judge too.

janec
02-27-2007, 05:34 AM
It's amazing what they'll notice
And speak there mind

they certainly do the other week my so and were looking out of the upstairs window deciding on what changes we were going to make in the garden when our 14r old daughter looked up and said mum you could wear his jeans (new boy jean fashion) then said he cloud were your skirts we ust looked at each other and had a laugh later on that day i said to my so if only she knew how close to the truth she was:love:

Emma England
02-27-2007, 06:04 AM
If you tell the kids that it's ok for boys to wear girls clothes (and vice versa), they will just accept it.

Easy to except when young - but may also lead to a more open mind in later life.

Michelle 51
02-27-2007, 08:25 AM
I knew the difference between pantie's and my undie's long before 7 so beware.They're sharper than you think. Justabit

GinaVegas
02-27-2007, 08:49 AM
Yeah, it's really amazing what kids will pick up.....

Girly Sara
02-27-2007, 08:55 AM
My 8 year old niece (bless her!) noticed my long, girly french manicured nails once and said "Uncle Alan, you've got girly nails!" I had to laugh and just smiled and said "yes i have". Nothing more was said.

Sara xxxx

Holly
02-27-2007, 09:02 AM
My 8 year old niece (bless her!) noticed my long, girly french manicured nails once and said "Uncle Alan, you've got girly nails!" I had to laugh and just smiled and said "yes i have". Nothing more was said.

Sara xxxxSara, great answer!

Tashee
02-27-2007, 09:08 AM
Mine too are very noticing..That is good. It is a great chance to teach her to be accepting. Good luck

JoAnnDallas
02-27-2007, 10:35 AM
Right after I got my acrylic nails last year, we were at my neices house for a party. My two grand neices noticed my nails and the youngest look at me and went :eek: "OMG Uncle J... you got girl nails?". Her older sister looked at them and said "Whats wrong with them?". After a few minutes they went to their mother and told he about my nails. Well my neice (she is in her 30's) took my hand, looked at my nails, and said "Well, the tech did a nice job". The youngest had now gotten used to seeing my long nails and the older grand neice thinks my hands look real nice. The oldest did find out about my polished toes and told me never to let her sister know as she would blab it all over the place. In fact the oldest grand neice likes to apply my clear polish on my nails for me. Then too, the oldest grand neice and I are very close. We go shopping together, she asks me my option on clothing she trys on. We are like to GF's out having a good time. She even knows I have a VS Angel Card.

vbcdgrl
02-27-2007, 02:46 PM
Yep, kids notice the littlest things, and have no inhibitions, so just blurt it out

Vikki

JoAnnDallas
02-27-2007, 04:16 PM
Kinda like the commerical where the 5-6 year old tugs on the brides dress and the bride bends down to hear what the little boy is saying and the little boy tells the bride, "My mommy can not believe your wearing white".