PDA

View Full Version : Is drab always drab ?

Rachael
02-27-2007, 06:27 AM
I've been wondering whether CDs have a different dress sense than those other males who aren't. Personally I usually favour bright colours and more flamboyant styles and never allow my wife to buy any clothes for me, male or otherwise. This even includes underwear. Recently I was purchasing a cashmere pullover in a wellknown department store. Predictably I chose a bright pink ( I do also buy blue). When I got to the chckout the slaes assistant asked whether i was buying it for myself. When I replied in tghe affirmative she began launched into a monologue about how she wished more men would choose colours like this and be less worried about what others thought. Thinking about it I realised that I have received several similar comments from women who don't know I'm CD. Wht do you think? Is this a general phenomenon?

:love:
Rachael

Mary Jane
02-27-2007, 08:35 AM
Being a CD has definitely affected the way I present myself in male mode. I am more particular about my appearance than I had ever been before.

marie354
02-27-2007, 09:52 AM
Some guys look OK in a pink shirt or sweater. My self, having a smallish frame, I look like a pansy if I wear a pink tee in guy mode. But add a pair of caprie's or a skirt and all that changes.

JoAnnDallas
02-27-2007, 10:43 AM
Over the last year, I have bought many T-shirts in colors that normally men don't wear. Such as PINK, HOT PINK, and LAVENDAR. Lades Hanes, JMS, Faded glory T-shirts are the only fem clothing my wife knows I wear. She caught me wearing on of hers one day and I told her I liked the feel and colors. Since then I have switch almost all of my T's for ladies T's.

Jocelyn Quivers
02-27-2007, 10:49 AM
While my femme side is purchases just about any color or style of clothing it has had zero effect on my drab side. My drab side has a complete boring sense of clothing style. When in drab I basically stick with dull boring colors and wear outfits that would make Walter Mondale proud. Jocelyn

noname
02-27-2007, 03:57 PM
I've always chosen bright colors that have some zing. Heck when I was in high school I wore girl socks just for the eye popping colors. I never wanted to be just ordinary, run of the mill. Of course you have to have the personality to wear that kind of stuff. Which you most likely have if you like that kind of stuff.

But yeah, I've gotten compliments on my choices from SA when checking out. I recently bought a hot pink dress shirt with black pin stripes that is fitted and made to be worn untucked and unbuttoned at the top. The girls at work were acting a bit odd to me that day. Mostly none of them would speak me. It was almost as if they wanted to say something but knew they couldn't. Even at the grocery store I've gotten a second glance with that shirt. But hey, it's a mens shirt I bought in the mens department :P Combine that with my black bag and the shirt color really pops. I love it.

linnea
02-27-2007, 04:00 PM
When I'm drab, I'm pretty drab--earth tones a lot. I might be over-compensating.

TV Wannabe
02-27-2007, 04:07 PM
I usually wear Khakis or cargo pants with a T-shirt, my most feminine article of male clothing is a pink T-shirt that says "Keep laughing this is your girlfriend's shirt", Ive gotten alot of comments on this rregardless of the message on the shirt, I used to wear it on saturday soccer games, and one time we played a team of guys from europe, nearly all of them said that it was a great shirt.

JoAnnDallas
02-27-2007, 04:41 PM
Back in 2005 when I first came to Dallas and stay with my older sister, I would undress from JoAnn to more drab mode. My drab mode was really a en fem mode too. I would have on panties, pantyhose, bra, ladies t-shirt, ladies slacks, socks, and ladies sneakers. No one even noticed how I was dressed and the ladies slacks I had on had NO back pockets. It did have a false fly on the front. I would be dressed this way and my sister and I would go shopping. many times I even wore flesh colored lipstick too.

Sally24
02-27-2007, 07:32 PM
I like to pick nice colors and different styles in male mode but it's really hard to find anything nice in most stores. Without spending alot of money, there aren't many interesting male clothes around.

Sally

Angie G
02-27-2007, 08:00 PM
I don't go bright in drab :hugs:
Angie

Rachel Morley
02-27-2007, 10:33 PM
When I replied in tghe affirmative she began launched into a monologue about how she wished more men would choose colours like this and be less worried about what others thought. Thinking about it I realised that I have received several similar comments from women who don't know I'm CD. Wht do you think? Is this a general phenomenon?
Do you mean that there is a general phenomenon going on (albeit quietly) that women wished men wore brighter colors like pink in their clothes? If this is what you were referring to then I'd say ... perhaps. I guess it's a case of "some and some". There are going to be some women who would like their SO's to wear more colorful clothes and there are some who wouldn't. I guess I personally have met more women who did tell me that they thought that, generally speaking, guys clothes were boring (especially colors) compared to women's.

Some guys look OK in a pink shirt or sweater. My self, having a smallish frame, I look like a pansy if I wear a pink tee in guy mode. Ha ha me too Marie. I'm 5ft 4ins and 128 lbs and so when I wear feminine colors (and because I wear women's tees and sweaters in these colors) I look like a sissy and a bit wimpy too. However, I kinda like my guy self this way and fortunately for me, so does my wife. I am totally secure in my (lack) of masculinity :D