PDA

View Full Version : Clothing Optional Resort

QZ2
02-27-2007, 08:11 AM
If I was rich I would build a clothing optiional, or should I say, an optional clothing resort where everyone could dress any way they wanted. The staff would be ultra friendly and descreet.

Two questions: 1. Would you come? 2. Where should I build it?

Any other suggestions?

Your friendly hotelier, Susie

kaitlin
02-27-2007, 08:41 AM
YES....some where there is plenty of sand and salt water.

marie354
02-27-2007, 09:57 AM
Yes I'd come there. The east coast would be nice. There is only 1 gay bar near me and it's 45-60 miles away. If I had the funding, I'd open a TG friendly place along the mid atlantic coast. Maybe not in the Carolina's, too many hurricanes tend to make landfall there, but the Delaware, Maryland, or Virginia coast might be a nice place.

Jocelyn Quivers
02-27-2007, 10:09 AM
1. Yes, include the option of 1/2 off or free drinks for those who are en femme. 2. A temperate area where it does not get to hot so those of us hot natured ladies don't melt away. Jocelyn

bobbie anne
02-27-2007, 10:09 AM
Hi. Great idea, but you are too late. There already is such a place.

marie354
02-27-2007, 10:33 AM
Hi. Great idea, but you are too late. There already is such a place.

Where is it?

Robin Leigh
02-27-2007, 10:40 AM
Maybe Bobbie means Provincetown (http://fantasiafair.org/Welcome.asp). The Fantasia fair only runs for a week, but the town is apparently quite TG friendly the rest of the year.

Robin

marie354
02-27-2007, 10:56 AM
It would be nice to find/create a full time-full service resort type of thing that was open to all people.

Stephenie S
02-27-2007, 11:42 AM
Ladies,

Resorts ARE open to all sorts of people. That's how they make their money. Do you imagine that resorts have rules that say you must wear such and such or we don't want your money? . . . NOT. Perhaps some exclusive hoity toity places will require a jacket and tie or a dress at dinner, and most will require that you wear a bathing suit in the pool, but as to what kind of bathing suit?, and who wears the tie and who wears the dress? . . . again, NOT.

This concept is the same as the shopping one. Resorts want your business and your money, just like stores want your business and your money. If you are discrete and well behaved you can go where you want and do what you want. There are NO crossdressing police who will come and arrest you for CDing. You get in trouble with the law for committing a crime. If you commit a crime, the cops don't care how you are dressed. Otherwise it matters not. Call a few resorts and ask if you don't beleive me. They will expect you to behave and not cause a scene, but otherwise, they WANT your money. Spend money and make friends. Simple.

Lovies,
Stephenie

JoAnnDallas
02-27-2007, 11:53 AM
There are a few resorts that cater to the CDer. One of the most famoust was in upper state New York back in the 50/60 area. I think it closed down in the 70's. CDer from all over the country used to go there. I think a book has come out recently about the resort, including pictures.

If I won the lottery, I might just seriously think about something along this line. From what I have read the place in upper state NY was always packed and this was in the era that was really taboo for CDers.

bobbie anne
02-27-2007, 04:42 PM
Check out Audreys Inn in Bisbee Az

scarlett
02-27-2007, 04:52 PM
Bisbee is a nice place, gay/tg friendly, lots to see and laid back. I'd recommend it.

Kali
02-27-2007, 05:55 PM
Yes I'd come there. The east coast would be nice. There is only 1 gay bar near me and it's 45-60 miles away. If I had the funding, I'd open a TG friendly place along the mid atlantic coast. Maybe not in the Carolina's, too many hurricanes tend to make landfall there, but the Delaware, Maryland, or Virginia coast might be a nice place.

It's a bit of a haul for you (about 60 miles), but Rehoboth Beach in Delaware has plenty of GLBT-friendly bars and businesses, at least according to my GLBT friends who spend parts of their summers their.

Raychel
02-27-2007, 06:49 PM
YES....some where there is plenty of sand and salt water.
:yt:

Noel Chimes
02-27-2007, 07:13 PM
Sounds like it would be ppuuurrrrrfect. And how much are rooms for the weekend?

Angie G
02-27-2007, 08:40 PM
Sounds like a good idea :hugs:
Angie

Billijo49504
02-27-2007, 09:34 PM
There already is one in SW Michigan. It's a gay resort that welcomes crossdressers. It's called Douglas Dunes.....BJ

bobbie anne
02-28-2007, 03:13 PM
Where is it?

Hi Marie. The place I was thinking about is in Texas. That is all I remember just now, will see if I can find the article again and pass it on.