PDA

View Full Version : Reading about it from a GG Perspective

EmmaB GG
02-27-2007, 11:43 AM
Hi girls

This is a question for those of you with SO's -either who do or don't know about you, it doesn't matter.

Have you ever, or would you consider, reading a book about crossdressing from a GG's perspective? Something like "My Husband Betty" by Helen Boyd, or "My Husband Wears my Clothes" by Peggy Rudd?

My SO hasn't yet but I know he will - for the moment he likes reading my thoughts and feeling about it all. We both write ongoing "essays" (that we have open access to all the time) about whats in our heads, as you can't always verbalise those thoughts rationally or unemotionally, and the written word can sometimes be more powerful, positive & truthful as you have to think about it more.

Marcie Sexton
02-27-2007, 11:58 AM
Not only have I read them I own them...good reading for myself as well as my wife...

...and they have helped our relationship a lot also...

Mary L
02-27-2007, 12:52 PM
My wife knows about me, but the situation is "don't ask, don't tell." When I told her a few years ago, the got very upset and had the usual reaction ("Are you gay? Have you ever been with a man?"). Answer is an emphatic no. She told her sister who lives in Toronto (and, coincidentally, who had been married for a few months to someone who brought his CD activities to their bed in a way that totally turned her off). My wife and her sister went to a Toronto bookstore and bought "My Husband Betty" for me and for my wife to read. I read it completely. Not sure my wife did. It is hidden in our clothes closet away from prying eyes. We both know where and I have added a few pages of additional material tucked into the book. Actually it's a pretty good representation of the reality of my interest in CDing.
Mary

Stephenie S
02-27-2007, 12:57 PM
Dear Mary,

Why is it hidden away?

This can only reinforce your feelings of guilt and shame. And how can she read it if it's hidden away? Get it out in the open.

Lovies,
Steph

marie354
02-27-2007, 01:02 PM
My Husband Betty is on my reading list already, just need to pick up a copy.
My Husband Wears my Clothes by Peggy Rudd is now on that list too.
Thank-you very much.

melissacd
02-27-2007, 04:59 PM
Hi girls

This is a question for those of you with SO's -either who do or don't know about you, it doesn't matter.

Have you ever, or would you consider, reading a book about crossdressing from a GG's perspective? Something like "My Husband Betty" by Helen Boyd, or "My Husband Wears my Clothes" by Peggy Rudd?

My SO hasn't yet but I know he will - for the moment he likes reading my thoughts and feeling about it all. We both write ongoing "essays" (that we have open access to all the time) about whats in our heads, as you can't always verbalise those thoughts rationally or unemotionally, and the written word can sometimes be more powerful, positive & truthful as you have to think about it more.

Emma,

I have read both those books and I have given both of them and more to my wife. My Husband Betty is the better read, Peggy Rudd's books are valuable but much drier and more difficult to stay with. My wife did not finish either book as she rejects cross dressing completely. I have tried many other venues of communication though I have not tried the essay method as my wife does not use a computer. I am almost tempted to try that now as she has decided to leave me over cross dressing and at this point I wonder, what do I have to lose by teaching her the computer then sending her messages, in fact I have posted so many things now that the easy part would be gathering all of these and letting her read my thoughts from the past few years.

Thanks for your wonderful thoughts Emma,

Huggs
Melissa

Dragster
02-27-2007, 09:20 PM
I too bought My Husband Betty, and read it all before giving it to my wife. She says she's read the first 4 chapters (I doubt it) but it took over 6 months of gentle prodding. We had the BIG TALK after, but it was a monologue. She asked no questions, until I opened the page where Kyrie listed all the things she feels when wearing women's clothes, which explains my feelings pretty well. The picture of Kyrie in all her glory put my wife off completely. She says she was "disgusted" by the whole subject before, and nothing in the book or anywhere else would change her mind. It would be easy to leave her and seek a more accepting spouse if I didn't love her so much otherwise, and all the great times we've had in the 40 years I've known her!

Tony

Rachel Morley
02-27-2007, 10:07 PM
Yes, I would ... and I did. I own both these books and thought they were very good. Both the authors have follow up books now too.

Crossdressing With Dignity: The Case For Transcending Gender Lines - Dr Peggy Rudd (http://www.amazon.com/Crossdressing-Dignity-Transcending-Gender-Lines/dp/0962676268)

She's Not the Man I Married: My Life with a Transgender Husband - Helen Boyd
(http://www.amazon.com/Shes-Not-Man-Married-Transgender/dp/1580051936/sr=8-1/qid=1166484533?ie=UTF8&s=books&tag2=myhusbandbett-20&tag2=myhusbandbett-20)

rachel_jean
02-27-2007, 10:09 PM
My wife actually bought "My Husband Wears my Clothes" a couple years ago (not an easy thing for her to do, I'm sure), read a chapter or so and it's been hidden in one of her drawers (from others, not from me) since. I believe I read some of it myself.

It might be a good idea to did it back out and have us both read it.

Rachel Jean

Jenny Beth
02-27-2007, 10:58 PM
My wife and I have both read Peggy Rudd's books but I haven't gotten around to getting My Husband Betty.

Roxi Loh
02-27-2007, 11:06 PM
I have not read those books but I have encouraged and printed articles for my wife to read but she has not. The articles were not pro CD but a discussion of why we dress and what to do about it. Some were even anti CD just to bring a perspective. This is after 25 years of dressing together and having sex together with me dressed as a woman.

Kathleen Ann Trees
02-28-2007, 01:01 AM
I have not read either. Based on the feedback from the forum, I probably should some time. I've got a half dozen spy novels unread on my desk right now. Between work, kids, work, home, work, honey do list, and work, I don't have much time or motivation to read as much as I'd like.

Kathleen

Trisha
02-28-2007, 03:43 AM
im sorry i wish i could read but cant just yet the onley up bringing i had was with my fists no shcool whanted me from a real hard place in london england but mabe one day i will read for now still learning how to spell if my headacts stop reading on a p.c i can do paper i cant heres hopeing :D

Suzie S.
02-28-2007, 05:49 AM
Emma, I have not yet read those books, but I have heard good reviews of them. I would love to read them, and I think my wife would also. Anything I can do to give me a better understanding of how cding affects my wife would be invalueable. :happy: