PDA

View Full Version : Changing your image

rachel_rachel
02-28-2007, 12:11 AM
I just had this thought after reading another thread...
I mean, have you ever gone from.. let's say, goth to glam, or casual to classy, and visa versa.. or going from sexy to slu**y.

Just interested in hearing from others about it.

Kathleen Ann Trees
02-28-2007, 12:53 AM
I'd say in a typical dressing session, which may last a few hours, I go through a progression of looks. Professional, casual, evening wear, shopper, dressy, athletic. Whatever goes with the flow.
Kate.

Chris St Pete
02-28-2007, 09:23 AM
I go as the day goes. After I get up and shower, I dress in casual wear. Then around mid day, I'll change into business attire. Then as evening comes, i dress in a nightie, then naked for bedtime, just as I started the day

lowlavalentine
02-28-2007, 09:32 AM
I bounce around quite a bit. My fashion sense approximates that of Brownian Motion - random.

marie354
02-28-2007, 11:52 AM
I've been through stages in my past where I liked the hooker or ****ty looks, but as I got older, I guess like a lot of girls, I seemed to grow out of it a bit.
The skirts got longer, tops less revealing, heels a little lower, etc.
Now I'm just trying to dress as a woman of my age would, not trying to get that "Ultra Femme" look.
I couldn't get that any more if I tried at my age anyway, so Now I guess you'd say I'm trying to be a bit more realistic.

PaulaJaneThomas
02-28-2007, 12:00 PM
Unless I'm going somewhere posh at night, it's usually jeans all day.

Dragster
02-28-2007, 07:19 PM
I've always been attracted by the ****ty/hooker look, but I haven't got the gear (yet!)

Here's a joke you'll appreciate.

Man and girlfriend start to get serious, so she decides to confess that in her earlier life, she was a hooker. He asks if she was still "working". She says "No, I retired several years ago", so, thinking that she may know many tricks to spice up their love life, he says "That's OK then, what you did in the past is no concern of mine". Then she says "You don't understand, my name used to be Kevin and I played for Wigan Warriors"

As a rugby fan, I couldn't help laughing a lot at that one. If you're from the US, you may need an explanation.

Tony

Daintre
02-28-2007, 07:27 PM
When I managed a lumber yard/store, I had two personalities, the rough man's man out with the construction crews, bad language the whole nine yards. Then I was the softer guy who ran the office, and oversaw the cashiers, no bad language, much more approachable, I was included in make up sessions and Avon parties.

Angie G
02-28-2007, 09:24 PM
Yes to all the above :hugs:
Angie

Amy Hepker
02-28-2007, 09:26 PM
Casual to Classy

linnea
02-28-2007, 09:26 PM
I have tried different styles but stuck with a style that works for me in terms of achieving a pleasing feminine look in the mode of the day (and my age).

Kristen Kelly
03-01-2007, 05:15 AM
My look changes depending on where I am going, don't wear my mini skirt grocery shopping, I dress to blend. I don't get out to many formal functions so this Cinderella has to keep her ball gown tucked away in the back of the closet. I go out so often so when I dress last thing I do is put on the shoes then I got to get out the door, staying at home dressed seems like a waste to me now.

Suzie S.
03-01-2007, 06:08 AM
I have tried all the above at one stage of my life or another. They all can be fun, and it's nice to be able to try different looks. When I was younger I tended toward the sexy/mini-skirt/club look. Mostly now I tend to be more casual/business/professional look. I think it just goes with age. I also think I try to emulate my wife a bit. :happy:

Lanore
03-01-2007, 07:18 AM
I have always been causual. I've tried different looks, but that's play time. I just love being me.

Lanore