PDA

View Full Version : Laughing at Myself

Rachaelb64
02-28-2007, 07:53 AM
The last night I was potting around my flat fully dressed just doing the odd bit cleaning/washing up, half listening to the news on the box as you do. Then, as it was dark outside, I caught my reflection in the window. There I was dressed in a short skirt, high heeled boots, black tights and top. Full make-up and wig.

I stood there for a moment looking at myself thinking if anyone could see me now (which is hard as I'm on the 10th floor) they'd think how abused I looked. Then I burst out laughing at that thought, and had a fit of giggles for the rest of the night thinking about it. :lol2:

Now before I would have run and got changed back into drab and become very down about the whole thing. But last night I kepted smiling and giggling to myself and I didn't go and change.

Ok I may look like a bloke in a dress but I've got bloody good pair of legs in a short skirt and boots :D

I suppose its shows I'm becoming more at ease with myself. :D

PaulaJaneThomas
02-28-2007, 08:51 AM
Nice to find some-one else on this site with a sense of humour :D If you do get bored laughing at yourself, I've found there's plenty on this forum to laugh at instead :D

Kathleen Ann Trees
02-28-2007, 08:55 AM
Glad to see the happiness. Isn't this just the best! Oh, what the world is missing.

Kathleen

Kate Simmons
02-28-2007, 08:55 AM
Hi Rachael, I always laugh at myself as well. I figure if I can't do that, who can I laugh at? I've never taken myself that seriously anyway (either way) and just have a lot of fun enjoying being myself.:happy:

uknowhoo
02-28-2007, 09:01 AM
What a great thread! Life's way to short (and CD's lives way to funny) not to laugh at ourselves. Thanx for the reminder. :D xoxo Tammi

AllyM
02-28-2007, 09:42 AM
Laughing is a good thing and I laugh at myself all the time!

Peggy55
02-28-2007, 09:50 AM
I laugh with myself and sometimes at myself. :happy:

Casey Morgan
02-28-2007, 10:54 AM
I suppose its shows I'm becoming more at ease with myself. :D

That's exactly what I was thinking. Sometimes our growth is so gradual that we don't even notice it until something like that happens.

cindychan
02-28-2007, 11:04 AM
Ya sometimes reflections can do the funniest things sweetie.

Ashley1
02-28-2007, 11:32 AM
Rachael, I really enjoyed your post here. After reading some of the sad things that some of the girls have to cope with, your post is like a breath of fresh air. There are times when I ask myself "what in the world am I doing in these clothes with makeup and a wig on?", and then I start laughing so it's a happy feeling. The next time it happens I'll think of you.:hugs:
:love:
Ashley

marie354
02-28-2007, 11:35 AM
Sometimes whether in guy or girl mode I get tickled with something I've done or said and roll over laughing.
Sometimes you can say something to someone and it just comes out in such a funny way you can't help but laugh yourself.
I remember one time I was bleeding the brakes on the car and when I was done and went to get cleaned up, my face was such a mess I looked like I had just came out of an old Boris Karlof movie or something. Both my SO and I were almost rolling on the floor with laughter.

MJ
02-28-2007, 11:37 AM
I laugh with myself and sometimes at myself, last week i colored my own hair
well i look like the wendys logo girl lol , that was not what i had in mind
thank god i have wigs

Charleen
02-28-2007, 11:37 AM
As I sit here with curlers in my hair what else can I do but-

:laughing: :lol: :lol2: :bonk:

Jadeanne
02-28-2007, 12:40 PM
This reminds me of an oops moment at home a while ago that got me laughing.

I was dressed en femme and was in the kitchen and bent down to pick up a box to take down cellar. My strapless bustier didn't contain my right silicone breast form - it fell out, bounced off the top of the box and landed in the cats' water dish - at least no damage was done except to my dignity :o

Jadeanne

Marianna Julianna
02-28-2007, 12:49 PM
Hi Rachael, I always laugh at myself as well. I figure if I can't do that, who can I laugh at? I've never taken myself that seriously anyway (either way) and just have a lot of fun enjoying being myself.:happy:

This I agree with, laughter is always good as long it's without malice and not meant to put anyone down.

Rachaelb64
02-28-2007, 02:12 PM
I'm glad I've made you all smile, what that old saying laugh and the world laughts with you cry and you cry alone.

Now you can see me :D Please dont laugh to hard you could hurt girls feelings :D

Kali
02-28-2007, 03:02 PM
You don'ty look like a guy in a dress in that photo, but you do look very serious. Smile and let the joy out. :)

Rachaelb64
02-28-2007, 04:25 PM
Ok Kali if you insist on me smiling here is one just let you I can smile

Rachael

marie354
02-28-2007, 04:41 PM
Wow! It's like night & day... You're a lot prettier when you smile.

Angie G
02-28-2007, 05:44 PM
Rachael if you can laugh at yourself you have it made girl :hugs:
Angie

CarmenG
02-28-2007, 05:58 PM
Ok Kali if you insist on me smiling here is one just let you I can smile

Rachael

HOT, HOT, HOT...:drooling:
where have you been hiding all my life.....
oops, you live across the pond.....
you look simply.....:doll: :<3:

CarmenG
02-28-2007, 06:17 PM
oh by the way. I do this when I am totaly alone at home,, but I walk in front of the web cam and re-play it. after I pick myself off the floor from laughing so much, I study my posture and walk and try to improve but when I have a walk like John Wayne,(Mr. Macho) it's kinda hard to change, but I'm still trying.....:hugs:

slamddoger
02-28-2007, 09:38 PM
i like your post . amen .thank you

Amy Hepker
02-28-2007, 09:43 PM
Good for you Rachael

Kali
02-28-2007, 09:53 PM
Wow!.

Talk about a smile lighting up your face. :notworthy:

Suzie S.
03-01-2007, 06:37 AM
Laughter is definitely the best medicine. Although the whole cd/tg thing is such a complex subject, it's so nice just to sit back and have a good laugh! I have looked in the mirror and laughed at Suzie also! She can be quite amusing at times! I think it is the best way to lift our spirits! :heehee:

Rachael, thanks for making my day! Have a great one yourself! :hugs:

Rachaelb64
03-01-2007, 06:52 AM
Wow!.

Talk about a smile lighting up your face. :notworthy:

Thank you, I have been told before I've got a nice smile and I now I should smile more :happy:

An ex-gf told me when I smiled at her she found it very hard to resist me, It was my smile that won her over in the first place. Strange as child I was always smiling.

Btw Carman what can I say but thanks :happy:

And to everyone, I give you all a big smile and hugs :D

Gina_darling
03-02-2007, 03:57 PM
I had a similar experience only it was looking at my masculine self. I was in an operating theatre in scrubs, gown, hat and mask and caught my reflection. Here I was the heroic Veterinary Surgeon (well student still!) about to operate when I suddenly remembered what I was wearing the night before! I couldn't stop myself, the supervising vet asked what it was so I made some excuse up. :heehee:

janet p
03-03-2007, 12:28 AM
I seem to remeber something like laught and the world laughts with you but froun and you froun by yourself.:love:

Lovely Rita
03-08-2007, 03:43 PM
Thanks for sharing this uplifting reflection. We can all use the same attitude.