PDA

View Full Version : A Dedicated Gurl Space

Kathleen Ann Trees
02-28-2007, 08:35 AM
I'm hoping to get a discussion going regarding special dedicated spaces to your femme personality. I know this may be funny for those of you who just do what you want, but, like it or not, I'm just not there.

Quick background: I'm 48. Wife is in "don't ask, don't tell" mode, but will give me some time at home alone. NO GOING OUT! I do sales in a couple state region with some minor travel, but rule 1 applies. I respect that. Kids 7,9,11 (Boy, Girl, Girl). Wife's a stay at home mom.

I'm thinking it would be great to open an "office" where I can have all of Kathleen's things. It wouldn't need to be too large and a private restroom would be needed. Then, when I have office work, I could go to the office, dress and do what needs to be done. All of my things would be out of the house, so no risk of exposing the kids. I'd actually like going to work! And I think it would be tax deductible.

Have you considered anything like this, or do you have a special space? Thoughts? (Again, my appologies to you with the will to be what you want.)

Kathleen

Holly
02-28-2007, 08:50 AM
Hi Kathleen... My kids have long since left home and my wife is quite accepting of my femme side. The arrangement you describe sounds workable provided you don't let your "time at the office" interfere with your time with your family. Although your wife is somewhat tolerant at the moment, that could change if you start spending too much time away from home. Also, how do you think she will react to the extra money gong out each month for rent and expenses? Is it possible that she will resent you spending that money on Kathleen and not the family. These are some things you need to consider. Having "secret" places to go when an SO knows of your cross dressing nature is a high risk activity. Let her know what your intent is from the beginning to avoid that risk... my :2c: .

JulieCDorlando
02-28-2007, 08:56 AM
If you want to make "your office" a reality be careful in how you go about doing that. You mentioned your wife would not want you going outside your home to pursue your CDing. Wouldn't an office be considered "going out" by her definition? It appears to me that the space you crave is already in place. By your wife allotting to you time alone every now and then. You have an acceptable situation there. You could rent a storage facility to store some or most of your things to minimize any accidental discovery from your kids.
We all long for better things in life. In doing so, we overlook the blessings we have in place. Do examine your life and your world and be thankful for who and what you have.

Stephenie S
02-28-2007, 09:49 AM
Talking about having your things discovered by your kids:

Years ago when our children were young I kept my things in a locked trunk in our bedroom. Perfectly safe I asumed. Many years later my now adult daughter told me that she and her brother had managed to break into that trunk and were very disapointed to discover that it only held women's clothing.

Lovies,
Stephenie

marie354
02-28-2007, 11:46 AM
That's not too bad of an idea, really.
Just be sure to be up front with your wife and give her a key.
That way she'll know that you aren't trying to hide and maybe have an affair with someone else.
She would also be able to join you when or if she ever wanted to.

Alice B
02-28-2007, 11:50 AM
I have to agree with "Holly" Her assesment is right on. You need to think very hard about taking action on your idea

Dragster
02-28-2007, 07:22 PM
I too think Holly's right.

Tony

Angie G
02-28-2007, 09:28 PM
No it's just my wife and I the 2 kids are out of the house so I've got the run if the house and my wife lets me :hugs:
Angie

Kathleen Ann Trees
03-01-2007, 06:06 PM
Thanks, again for the feedback.

I would never consider doing such a thing without the agreement from my wife. We have a great level of trust and I would not jeapordise that.

As for the cost, I haven't worked the numbers yet. I don't honestly know what rent or lease on a small space with a private bath would be. An investment property is also an idea. Whether it would be commercial or private would have to be considered.

As for being out of the house, if she agreed to the concept, the objective is to restrict the dressing in and at the office. Like staying at the house, the goal is to limit exposure and, somewhat, maybe even desire.

I appreciate your thoughts.
Kathleen