PDA

View Full Version : Holliday Inn

TxKimberly
02-28-2007, 11:57 PM
Okay,

For those of you that are out and about all the time this may be no big deal. For me however, it's kind of exciting! As any of you that have seen my many posts probably know, I am an engineer that travels about 80% of the time. In the last three months of so I've decided to take advantage of being away from the house (and children) to go out. Well, tonight I crossed another little milestone. I stay with the Holiday Inn so much, I am platinum with their program and get a couple of perks, to include a free drink at the bar! lol Given that I am a lush, this goes over well with me! :-)
Anyway, after going out tonight, I came back to the hotel dressed and decided to take them up on the offer of a free drink. I chickened out the first time I headed for the bar, but made it the second time. The young lady tending bar probably pegged me, but if so she was still very friendly and respectful. She greeted me with a "what can I get you dear"? Very sincere and not a hint of sarcasm. There were about a dozen guys sitting around getting loud and not one of them paid the least bit of attention to me. So I spoke to the bar tender a few times, enjoyed my drink, and gave her a tip that I hoped would encourage her to treat the next TG as well.
Short story, I grabbed my courage, went to the bar where I was treated well, and enjoyed a drink as KIm with out having any one give me a single look.
Sounds like a small thing but I sure do feel pretty good about it!
Kim

SandyR
03-01-2007, 12:05 AM
Kim,

Awesome! I think you look great.....sounds like fun. Good to see some of us girls getting out for some fun........

Huggs.....

SandyR

goofus
03-01-2007, 12:05 AM
Okay,

For those of you that are out and about all the time this may be no big deal. For me however, it's kind of exciting! As any of you that have seen my many posts probably know, I am an engineer that travels about 80% of the time. In the last three months of so I've decided to take advantage of being away from the house (and children) to go out. Well, tonight I crossed another little milestone. I stay with the Holiday Inn so much, I am platinum with their program and get a couple of perks, to include a free drink at the bar! lol Given that I am a lush, this goes over well with me! :-)
Anyway, after going out tonight, I came back to the hotel dressed and decided to take them up on the offer of a free drink. I chickened out the first time I headed for the bar, but made it the second time. The young lady tending bar probably pegged me, but if so she was still very friendly and respectful. She greeted me with a "what can I get you dear"? Very sincere and not a hint of sarcasm. There were about a dozen guys sitting around getting loud and not one of them paid the least bit of attention to me. So I spoke to the bar tender a few times, enjoyed my drink, and gave her a tip that I hoped would encourage her to treat the next TG as well.
Short story, I grabbed my courage, went to the bar where I was treated well, and enjoyed a drink as KIm with out having any one give me a single look.
Kim

Sounds like a fun evening! Good for you :happy:

amanda barber
03-01-2007, 01:01 AM
Kim

It's small the 10th, 15th time you do it. The 1st time is a huge thing. I hope you do it the 2nd time. The 2nd time its hard too, maybe worse, your nervous about it going as well as the 1st time, "should I just chicken out and not push my luck?". After that 2nd time, its all cake :)

JeanneF
03-01-2007, 01:04 AM
That's awesome, Kim!

Alice B
03-01-2007, 01:23 AM
That's great Kim. I can imagine how nervous you were. Someday I hope I can get the courage to do something similar.

Billijo49504
03-01-2007, 03:44 AM
Wow!!!! That's fantastic, that you now get to drink in drag. That's something I haven't tried, yet...BJ

GINA-CD
03-01-2007, 04:04 AM
Wow, I don't travel that much but wished I did so I could use more opportunities to do the same... I'm still too nervous to go out. Glad you did it girl!

NatalieGirl
03-01-2007, 04:50 AM
Way to go!

Kristen Kelly
03-01-2007, 05:08 AM
So glad you had a great time. No small steps, each rung on the ladder it spaced an equal distance, its the pace we ascend the ladder that is the only difference.

RachelDenise
03-01-2007, 05:48 AM
You are so wonderful! I think that was great. I hope you enjoiyed the drink!

tifftg
03-01-2007, 06:58 AM
Kimberly, you have laid down a challenge to some of the rest of us who travel for business and spend our femme time in the room. Thanks for sharing.

tiffany

Holly
03-01-2007, 08:49 AM
Kimberley, I'll have a drink with you anytime! Congratulations, dear.

GinaVegas
03-01-2007, 08:54 AM
Good for you Kim!

paulaN
03-01-2007, 12:27 PM
feel pretty good, why that's fantastic, so glad you had a good time. keep on girlen hun.

linnea
03-01-2007, 12:37 PM
It's small the 10th, 15th time you do it. The 1st time is a huge thing. I hope you do it the 2nd time. The 2nd time its hard too, maybe worse, your nervous about it going as well as the 1st time, "should I just chicken out and not push my luck?". After that 2nd time, its all cake :)

I agree with Amanda. I think that it's great that you did it, and I hope that you have a wonderful experience on the second, third, fourth, etc. times. I still am hoping for my first time, feeling encouraged by what you wrote. Thank you.

JoAnnDallas
03-01-2007, 01:19 PM
Each time out, it will get easier and you will feel great. It is a great confidence boost, knowing your out en fem and people are responing to you as such.

dawnmcdaniels
03-02-2007, 11:22 AM
I remember you Kim...It was my first night working enfemme as a bartender at the Holiday Inn. Gosh was I nervous!!!!!Thanks for the great tip........LOL I only wish I could pulloff a look where I could go our in Public...Nice Story

kaitlin
03-02-2007, 11:51 AM
Hi Kim, So you think the bar tender "pegged you", what did you do pull off your wig, light up a cigar and say something like "man what a day!" You are so cute, in both your avatar and profile pics, I just don't see you getting made. I think you need to keep doing what your doing, enjoy your time out and about in towns where no one knows you. It's got to be a great feeling, maybe one day I'll get to join those ranks. Take care Kaitlin

Robin Leigh
03-02-2007, 12:18 PM
Congratulations, Kimberly! Glad you had fun. :hugs: :thumbsup:

Kimberly, you have laid down a challenge to some of the rest of us who travel for business and spend our femme time in the room. Thanks for sharing.
You get yourself out there, Tiffany! You look fine, girl.

:hugs:

Robin

Marcie Sexton
03-02-2007, 12:18 PM
I got the first round of drinks...good for you

EricaCD
03-02-2007, 12:52 PM
Not a small thing at all. Congratulations and enjoy the newfound freedom!

Erica

Andrea Nicole
03-04-2007, 02:14 PM
Kim,
Just be careful going there all dolled up. The next thing you'll realize is some guy is offering to buy you dinner. Everyone has to try it sooner or later ....just be aware, it IS going to happen.
Huggs,
Andi ...

Lovely Rita
03-05-2007, 02:39 PM
Wonderful Kim. I admire your resolve.

thanks for sharing.

jennylou
03-05-2007, 02:45 PM
I too use priority club points and am also a platinum member. Wonderful way to spend a weekend. Just used some points for a stay at the crown plazza in cambridge, dressing was out of the question though:(