PDA

View Full Version : Reaction to Breast Development by S.O.s

loriannetucson
03-01-2007, 01:06 AM
Hi, all,
As you might know, I'm currently on my second week of 4 mg of estradiol a day and 100 mg of Spironolactone a day. My wife is somewhat supportive and has allowed me to go through hormone replacement therapy. However, she is concerned about how large my breasts will grow. I know my eventual breast size will largely be determined by genetics and current body fat redistribution.

What I would really like to know is what was your wife/SO's reaction when you finally did develop breasts? I would really like to know about what to expect by others who had to finally deal with breast development. I plan on hiding them at first while working, but I will have to come up with another plan as time goes by. I'm hoping my wife will continue to find me attractive and not as a freak. I know she loves me and does have a hard time dealing with me wanting to become a woman. It will be interesting to see how she reacts once she begins to see that my body is more closely resembling that of a woman.

Lori Anne

Stephenie S
03-01-2007, 02:23 AM
Dear Lori Ann,

I would caution you not to get to worked up over the changes you are expecting. HRT will NOT change your body into that of a woman. Your hands will remain big, your feet will remain big, your shoulders will remain too wide, your chest will remain too big, your hips will remain too narrow, and your beard will still be there. Your face will mostly be the same. Also your male patern baldness will remain, and your voice will remain deep and loud. Well then, what will happen? Some breast growth. Some minor redistribution of fat. Some softening of your skin. Some thickening of your hair. Some slowdown of body hair regrowth. Some rather profound emotional reactions. A general reduction in sex drive. Loss of morning erections. Loss of most erections, period. Of course, everyone will have a different reaction to HRT, some far more than others. But, there is a LOT more to do than just starting HRT. It's a fun and exciting jouney but it will not happen overnight.

Lovies,
Steph

azure
03-01-2007, 04:51 PM
your/our body will continue to be the repugnant, ugly, far from female mess it always was, except it will take on subtle changes whcih will be just as incongruous with the presence of big feet, hands, narrow hips and generally unconvicing shape.

BUT every day it is important to make your own small victories, and recognise the beauty that you do have in the woman that YOU are becoming. Ok you arnt going to be another Anna Kornikova or Elle Macpherson, but make the best of watcha got.

Its good here isnt it.................no not really.

Maggie Kay
03-01-2007, 05:51 PM
I've been on hormones for about 5 years. My wife was very reluctant to deal with my boobs as real breasts. For years, she called them "Man Boobs" and that believed that they were not like women's breasts. She does not touch them now and it as had a negative affect on our intimacy. A definite turn off for her. Lately, however, she has acknowledged that they are real breasts. I wear a B cup bra and we do shop for undies together on line. The changes have been very hard to accommodate in our relationship. She has no desire for a lesbian relationship.
Hormones have changed me a lot. My hair is not falling out and I did not go bald like the other males in my family. My body hair got very fine and like baby hair. A few years back, I lost 30 pounds on the Mediterranean diet and then regained 10 but it came back in my butt, hips, lower abdomen and breasts. Now I do see a feminine body in the mirror. Not a model or movie star but definitely female. My fingers, hands and feet got thinner due to muscle loss and look more femme too. I can now wear a ladies watch when before that was impossible. My face changed in that my beard got thinner and grows much slower. No five o'clock shadows anymore. Skin is soft and cream colored instead of tough and reddish. Drastic loss of strength but still enough to get along. I used to be very strong.

Marcie Sexton
03-01-2007, 06:54 PM
Thanks for the info...something all girls have to look forward to when they start the trip down that path...

Siobhan Marie
03-02-2007, 09:32 AM
Thanks for the info...something all girls have to look forward to when they start the trip down that path...

I agree with Marcie, thanks for the info. Appreciate it as it gives me a good idea of what I've got to come.

:hugs: Anna Marie x

Just Plain Kay
03-02-2007, 10:27 AM
What I would really like to know is what was your wife/SO's reaction when you finally did develop breasts?

I bet my story's unusual: My wife insists I have breasts, but I disagree.

What I have is about fifteen pounds of fat I need to lose, and it's all on the front. One might suspect I'm pregnant, too, but that's also not the case.

I take estrofem (4-6mg/day) and 100mg spiro daily, but I've noticed no physical changes other than slight reduction in body hair growth. And that may be due at least in part to the fact that I'm nearly 66 and have low testosterone even without the spiro.

The obvious changes have been mental.

Natasha Anne
03-04-2007, 02:32 AM
My SO's reaction was not good at the time. She didn't want to hug me closely or even brush past me.

We're divorced now and living seperate lives.

I don't think her reaction was unreasonable and never tried to force her to deal with my breast development. She is not a lesbian, and just didn't like it. She was not nasty about it, she was just honest about how she felt, and that is all I really want from anyone.

She did comment after my breast augmentation that lots of women would love to have the breasts I have now.