PDA

View Full Version : How Does One Explain Shaved Legs?

StephanieH
03-01-2007, 10:30 AM
Okay, here's my dilemma of the day. I've been very anxious to shave my legs, but haven't done so because I have a ten-year-old daughter who I'm pretty sure would notice. My legs aren't very hairy to begin with, but since I wear novelty boxer-type shorts and a t-shirt for pj's most of the time, and we usually end up lying around in the tv room like that for a while, I think she's gonna' notice.

Wearing long sleep pants isn't much of an option b/c it's really hot down here most of the time and to do so would mean running the a/c so much it would freeze my wife and daughter to death. Wifey doesn't have a problem with me doing this, but I've got to figure out what to do about my daughter. Any ideas?

Thanx! :heehee:

Tashee
03-01-2007, 10:36 AM
Tell her you are comfortable without all that annoying hair on your legs..Besides it is very uncomfortable in the heat..
Goodluck

CharleneCD
03-01-2007, 10:38 AM
Just tell her that one of your coworkers told you it feels better to have them shaved, and that you decided to try it. If you like it you keep doing it if not the hair grows back. Sometimes a simple explanation is the best, especialy with kids. They are smarter than we realise.

Marla S
03-01-2007, 10:41 AM
What about:

I like it.
Looks better.
I don't like hairy legs.

(You don't even have to tell your daughter lies with these answers)

Maybe even: Hairs itch/tickle wearing shorts (Little lie, but your doughter will never be able to disprove this :;.)

Is there really a special justification needed. (The more "excotic" or made up it is, the less it becomes believable anyway)
Not everything one does, does have to have a link to CDing.

Paulacder
03-01-2007, 10:42 AM
I have kept my leggs shaved for several years. At first I was concerned that everyone would notice and stare. I have found that of all the thing we as crossdressers do to enhance our fem. side, pluck eye browls, wear nail polish on your toes, etc. that shaveing your leggs is not something that people notice.:2c:

Stephenie S
03-01-2007, 10:54 AM
I don't know why you need to "explain" your shaved legs. Why did you do it? Because you wanted to? That's pretty much the answer. Ask a few women why they shave their legs if you want typical answers, but honesty is usually the best and easiest policy. Then you dodn't have to remember which lie you told. Especially to children who are usually quite sensitive to deception.

Lovies,
Stephenie

paulaN
03-01-2007, 11:08 AM
It's cooler, or it's a mater of personal hygene, theres a couple for ya.

Katie Ashe
03-01-2007, 11:21 AM
Let's see, every athlete in the world 99% shave/wax their body, WWE, Swimmers, etc... ok still doubtful, how about models from all walks of lifes, every country, how bout just cause you want to. I use to be real good at justifing why I do something, now I just say cause I wanted to try it, or it's my prerogative :devil:

SANDRA MICHELLE
03-01-2007, 11:39 AM
Wow thanks everyone I just solved my own problem since I have been toying with the idea of keeping my legs shaved for this summer. I'll just do it and blow off the questions as if they don't matter. I often thought that I would say that I had a rash and the doctor told me to shave my legs to put on a salve. i like the answer that it just feels better.

Julie York
03-01-2007, 11:46 AM
It's like setting a time bomb..............Just when you thought you were safe......

"My Daddy shaves his legs too."

..followed by stunned silence from the entire family, vicar, boss and President of the golf club.:D

JoAnnDallas
03-01-2007, 12:00 PM
I have been shaving my legs, chest, arms, and underarms for over a year now. I have never once had anyone ask me why, even my wife.

cdlaura2007
03-01-2007, 12:34 PM
I am a pretty active cyclist and most serious cyclists shave their legs. In fact, if you show up to a group ride with hairy legs, you will definitely stand out. They will justify it wth a lot of different excuses, but mainly it comes down to everybody else does it so I will too. My wife knows about my crossdressing and my kids don't question it since everybody I ride with has shaved legs and is wearing spandex.

For those who may be interested, here's a link to another forum I go to dealing with cycling and triathlons about men shaving their legs:

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_flat;post=1183011;page=1;s b=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;mh=25;guest=11068311

or more conveniently:
http://tinyurl.com/2nj7rq

marie354
03-01-2007, 12:44 PM
Swimmers usually shave their legs to cut down on friction in the water.

In my case, my SO was supprised at first but she likes the smoothness.
She's the first to say something if I miss a day shaving.
Only one other person has ever asked asd I told them that I used to be on a swim team and had to keep them shaved.

I've been shaving my legs for so long that not much grows on them anymore. A small tuft on each knee and and one or two single hairs on my calves is all I get anymore.

valdor
03-01-2007, 12:54 PM
Just lightly shave them to begin with and gradually get down to shaving the lot, she will never notice, I haven"t a hair on my legs, no one has ever said a word Valerie

Tamara Croft
03-01-2007, 01:26 PM
She might notice, but I bet it won't bother her ;) You don't need to make up excuses, never lie to your kids... they'll find out anyway ;) Just tell her your hairs make you feel itchy and you want to try shaving them off to see how it feels for a while ;)

shannonsilk
03-01-2007, 02:04 PM
i agree with all the people here. but especially valerie. just keep trimming the hair shorter and shorter over time. eventually she;ll forget how much hair u had.
i always use the bicyclist excuse.

off topic--i trimmed my arm hair real short this week for the 1st time. with long sleeves nobody notices.

Marcie Sexton
03-01-2007, 03:14 PM
I wouldn't woory to much...A gradual change would work too, perhaps a beard trimmer, or barber clippers to remove most of it, but I've got an 18 yo son and I shave from top to bottom...I'm sure he has noticed, but I still stroll around the house in a pair of gym shorts and act as if nothing is different...He has said nothing, neither have I...pay it no mind and if you so desire shave...

Katie Ashe
03-01-2007, 08:30 PM
Told you :heehee: athletes do shave; and lie about why :tongueout . Anyways like Tamara said, there is really no need to lie, do you make up excuses to shave your beard? Let's be real here, you have the right to do what you want to yourself, with out feeling guilty.

Joke of the day: I'm not really hairless. I'm a hair donor to the "Hair Club for Men".

Erica Lauren James
03-01-2007, 10:00 PM
Just be honest. I did it because I like them that way!!

I'd be willing to bet that your daughter already knows your a cd.

They know alot more than we think they do!!

Best of luck!!

Kiera

Melinda G
03-01-2007, 10:44 PM
Now, about all those bicyclists and their spandex!:D

linnea
03-01-2007, 10:48 PM
What about:

I like it.
Looks better.
I don't like hairy legs.

(You don't even have to tell your daughter lies with these answers)

Maybe even: Hairs itch/tickle wearing shorts (Little lie, but your doughter will never be able to disprove this :;.)

Is there really a special justification needed. (The more "excotic" or made up it is, the less it becomes believable anyway)
Not everything one does, does have to have a link to CDing.

I agree very much with Marla's comments and advice.

cindychan
03-01-2007, 11:05 PM
Be like Mary Poppins and simply say "I don't explain myself to anyone".

loriannetucson
03-01-2007, 11:07 PM
If she's that young she probably will only take a single glance and then move on to something else.

The biggest thing is just don't make a big deal about it and others around you won't either. My wife just told me that years ago when we were in high school and then college, there were a few friends who asked her why I shaved my legs or wore colored socks with my keds, but she just told them, "Well that's the way he likes it," and that was the end of it.

Only one time did I get a comment that was implied in the negative, but I actually took it as a compliment. A college aged girl at my church was aware as all the other college aged men and women that I shaved my legs and wore slouch socks. One day after church she came up to me and said, "You still shave your legs?" When I said, "Yeah, why? They don't look like girl's legs, do they?" She replied, "Well, actually they do..." and she gave me a HUGE smile because that was EXACTLY what she was thinking! I was actually thrilled that my legs at least looked like women's legs. They have always been long and slim, and shaved they do look girly. I'm hoping hormones only helps this even though I know it's not going to do a miracle.

I maintained those friendships for years, and once I got over the shaved legs issue/non-issue with them, they never brought it up again.

It was a cool time back then, I'll admit.

Lori Anne

natasha
03-01-2007, 11:13 PM
I fretted over shaving my legs last year, during shorts season of course. I was worried over what others would say. Well guess what....nobody said a dang thing at all, and I have been clean shaven since. LOL, last night the wife commented that I was getting a little stubbly and that I needed to shave. I was more than happy to oblige. By the way, I have a 13 yo son and a 11 yo daughter to boot.

Jesse69
03-01-2007, 11:22 PM
It's time for you to get a road bike! They're great for the figure too!

KewTnCurvy GG
03-01-2007, 11:38 PM
Okay, here's my dilemma of the day. I've been very anxious to shave my legs, but haven't done so because I have a ten-year-old daughter who I'm pretty sure would notice. My legs aren't very hairy to begin with, but since I wear novelty boxer-type shorts and a t-shirt for pj's most of the time, and we usually end up lying around in the tv room like that for a while, I think she's gonna' notice.

Wearing long sleep pants isn't much of an option b/c it's really hot down here most of the time and to do so would mean running the a/c so much it would freeze my wife and daughter to death. Wifey doesn't have a problem with me doing this, but I've got to figure out what to do about my daughter. Any ideas?

GAWD!!! Are we still seriously discussing this!
Christ, Mary and her damn lambs!
This, to me, seems ludicrious.
I have NEVER cared why or if a guy shaved.
Yea yea, I ain't like the rest.
And I can see explaining it to a 10 year old or wife/SO can be an issue.
But honestly, does it matter? Unless your partner wants you so ****ing hairy that you're a beast. I suppose then it would. As for your daughter if your SO/wife is supportive then you say "Daddy likes it that way" or "It cuts down on my drag (no pun intended) when I __________________ (run, walk, swim, bike)".
I had a personal training I hired and he shaved. I didn't really notice, he said something one time about shaving and that it was because he ran and biked. Truly, I believed him, not one more thought about it.
Kew

(goes and take blood pressure pills, tranquilizers, a fifth of scotch)

Wenda
03-01-2007, 11:48 PM
I have shaved my legs every day for almost 3 years. My GF was aware, and although she was uncomfortable with Wenda and dressing, she liked the smooth legs. She notices if I don't shave for a day or two. Honestly, I have just forgotten about it, and I have had a couple of comments, but along the lines of Lorrieann's, ie, 'Nice legs". I am ok with that. Just go with it. If you count the number of joggers and bikers that you see on a warm day in the summer, not with only shaved legs, but shaved everything, you will realize NOBODY CARES!!! :happy: wenda

Amiad
03-01-2007, 11:55 PM

Are you into any sports that might require shaving your body (legs).....cycling, swimming, anything you can spin into a reason to do it openly?

Amiad

katey
03-02-2007, 09:03 AM
She might notice, but I bet it won't bother her ;) You don't need to make up excuses, never lie to your kids... they'll find out anyway ;) Just tell her your hairs make you feel itchy and you want to try shaving them off to see how it feels for a while ;)

and what charlene also (a coworker said......) this combination would be really good, but i don't think the gradual thing will work.

they feel absolutely divine, i will never let it grow back.
all the best.

katey

Wendy me
03-02-2007, 09:12 AM
just shave them relay that simple .... as far as your daughter... go ahead shave them then tell her look i shaved my legs .... she might think your weird she might say cool ... and she might not even care... like you said you can't hide it so tell her you like it because your cooler with out leg fur...

Nyon
03-02-2007, 09:45 AM
People generally wont comment - they either too polite or too uncomfortable. Your daughter will notice. My daughter hates the way my husband shaves - and so do I. He's not that hairy to start with, but I really dont like his hairless body (he uses a depilatory cream on legs and chest). I hate it. But I love him. End of story. Kids hate it when their parents dont conform - until they're into their late teens when they can start to relate to us as people and not just parents - so you have about 8 years of worrying about your daughter!

sandy_folsom
03-02-2007, 10:20 AM
After returning back from Hawaii, a close GG friend of mine noticed my legs were shaved. I told her that it was easier to apply sunscreen without all that hair. It's true!

sixstringplayer_58
03-02-2007, 11:01 AM
If she's that young she probably will only take a single glance and then move on to something else.

The biggest thing is just don't make a big deal about it and others around you won't either. My wife just told me that years ago when we were in high school and then college, there were a few friends who asked her why I shaved my legs or wore colored socks with my keds, but she just told them, "Well that's the way he likes it," and that was the end of it.

Only one time did I get a comment that was implied in the negative, but I actually took it as a compliment. A college aged girl at my church was aware as all the other college aged men and women that I shaved my legs and wore slouch socks. One day after church she came up to me and said, "You still shave your legs?" When I said, "Yeah, why? They don't look like girl's legs, do they?" She replied, "Well, actually they do..." and she gave me a HUGE smile because that was EXACTLY what she was thinking! I was actually thrilled that my legs at least looked like women's legs. They have always been long and slim, and shaved they do look girly. I'm hoping hormones only helps this even though I know it's not going to do a miracle.

I maintained those friendships for years, and once I got over the shaved legs issue/non-issue with them, they never brought it up again.

It was a cool time back then, I'll admit.

Lori Anne
i had a date yesterday the 2nd one in 3 years she is the same age we was at my place it was quite a chat and i wanted to be up front with her i told her about me crossdressing and she asked if i shaved my legs i said yes i asked her if she wanted to see me dressed she hesitated then said yes i dressed almost all the way skirt panties,bra,shoes.and blouse i made her close her eyes and i stood in front of her, i expected a bad reaction but to my supprise when she opened her eyes she said nice set of shaved legs she said they look better than mine. i asked her to rub them GOSH SHE DID i was a very happy cdr and i just have that feeling she is later on gonna be more than a g/f wish me luck GLENDA:love:

Robin Leigh
03-02-2007, 12:59 PM
Great news Glenda! Good luck!

Nobody seems to notice my shaved hands. Maybe the long buffed nails distract them. :heehee:

How to explain shaved limbs: "You've heard of sleep-walking? Well, I'm a sleep-shaver." :D

:hugs:

Robin

RONNI@HOME
03-02-2007, 03:21 PM
Well, you won't like yourself if you lie and children usually don't need a long and often "okay I get it" kind of answer. Be truthful, you thought you would like to and you did it and may keep doing it. Have you ever been to a gym and seen the macho guys in the corner pressing the free weights? No hair anywhere. It has become very okay for men of all walks of life to shave anything and everything. But, I know the feelings and they are yours and therefore just fine. Good luck and yes, it feels wonderful. Be You. Ronni.

Tiffany Tuesday
03-02-2007, 03:29 PM
WARNING : TEASE ALERT

I agree with Julie, kids will blab at the worst possible moment sooo it might be better to make up a fun whopper and when she comes out with it to others you can say you have taken up beach volleyball and hairy legs just so ruin the look of your bikini :)

Well honey i was on my way home when ..

trannie T
03-02-2007, 03:41 PM
It's springtime. Tell her you're shedding your winter coat.

Tiffany Tuesday
03-02-2007, 04:19 PM
Oo-er slap away today, Tamara anytime hon, I'll turn the other cheek :D

arani5879
03-02-2007, 04:30 PM
Some of my friends gave me crap when I first started shaving but then again I didn't really stop at shaving my legs. I just told them it was becuase I liked it. I used to swim. No one else has ever said a word no new friends or girls have said anything, well a couple of the girls will tell me I am getting stubly but other then that no comments.

Christa
03-02-2007, 06:50 PM
It's interesting how much "stuff" this question brings up for all of us. Let's not forget that shaving your legs for the first time CAN be a big deal (at least to us if not to the rest of the world).

I've been shaving for a few years. When my 4 year old neice asked me why I didn't have hair on my legs or arms, I said "Because I shave it off". She said, "Oh.".

A few minutes later she asked why I shave it off, and I said "Because it feels cleaner". She said, "Oh.".

That was that.

As always, I HIGHLY recommend shaving. If you look around, you'll see lots of guys who do!

Christa
http://groups.yahoo.com/MWSL

SandyR
03-02-2007, 08:04 PM
My wife is still having trouble with the "shaved leggs" thing must be the 80's hair band thingy......lol. Lucky for me my daughter (15) hates hair and has no problem with my legs. But to be honest most people just don't notice, not at the gym, when we go out, etc..........

Huggsss...

SandyR

AllyM
03-02-2007, 08:10 PM
I shave my legs every once in awhile and nobody notices. If someone were to ask I would simply tell them I like the way my wife feels with both of us having shaved legs, and it is the truth!

janet p
03-02-2007, 11:46 PM
Just be honest with your children they are lot smarter then you think they will accept you for you and have no problems with it.:love:

tightsgirl
03-03-2007, 05:46 AM
Personal hygene!!!!!!

Before I became more serious about crossdressing I was already shaving my underarms and Why???? Because hair is the leading contributor to body odor. When my underarms are shaved I stink alot less same applies to legs and where ever else you have hair.

So shave away, body hair is overrated.:2c:

ChristineRenee
03-03-2007, 06:16 AM
I've never had anyone comment on my shaved legs, arms, or hands, and I have had them this way for years now. If anyone ever did, I would just be honest about it and say that I don't like body hair and that it is a personal preference for me. The thing is to not be self conscious or defensive about it. There is no rule book in life that says men aren't allowed to shave areas other than their face. It's no big deal really, and we should look at it as such.

Bethany Ann
03-03-2007, 07:22 AM
......Ah honey....It was all burned off in a terrible shop accident in the garage when I lit the oxy/ace torch to do some light metal fabrication.

Beth

Jere Oneil
03-03-2007, 08:05 AM
Back sometime near the middle of the last century when I played high school football, I shaved my legs. At least, that is, after removing the tape on my ankles that first time. Can you all say OUCH!

Rashell StClaire
03-03-2007, 08:57 AM
I've been shaving my legs for the last 6 months or so. I have just got through summer down here in Australia and I also work on remote mine sites and not one person has said a word to me not even my 14 year old daughter. I am getting to the point were I don't care if they do I need to do it for myself to make me feel right. there are more important things for people to worry about and if a friend has a problem with it it's their problem not yours. Do what feels right.

Shave carefully
Rashell

sharon ball
03-03-2007, 09:17 AM
i have two boys, one has since moved out.
i told them the truth i shave my legs because my wife and i like it.
there response was "cool"

Lovely Rita
03-07-2007, 12:26 AM
Today shaved legs are not such a big deal. Metro sexuals have done a lot in that regard.

cocopuff's girl GG
03-07-2007, 12:46 AM
Don't give her the lame excuse I got. Let's see it went something like this. I was shaving my private section, you know bikini area and my razor slipped and shaved off some hair on my thigh and it just didn't look right so I had to shave both entire leggs... lol Do you buy that?? me either... But it was done and they have been shaved ever since. Then he wanted to shave his pits and said because his shirts pulled his underarm hair. He's not a hairy man at all. There wasn't much hair there to shave anyway so no biggee now I'm waiting for the arm story next. I can't wait to hear this one . :rolleyes: :heehee:
:love:

susie evans
03-07-2007, 08:20 AM
having six kids from thirty to fifteen three boys and three girls i have never had any coments just a thought :hugs:

susie

MsPriscilla
03-07-2007, 10:52 AM
i just said i wanted to improve my overall tan

marie354
03-07-2007, 10:55 AM
I just told my SO that I thought body hair was just plain UGLY. She said if I was going to do it that I'd have to keep it up because she would not put up with the "pricklies".

featherelizabeth
03-07-2007, 12:08 PM
say you are training to ride bicycles cross country...less hair means you go faster........ mmmmmmmmwwuhhhh
(big girlie air kiss):p