PDA

View Full Version : Thank You

Cristi
03-01-2007, 08:42 PM
I've realized recently just how much I've advanced since joining in the discussions on this website in August of last year.

Before that time, I was stuck at a plateau, going out only on halloween, and even then being nervous about it.

With the help of the girls on this site (and the inspiration I got by reading about all of your adventures) I was able to get past that point. Before then, I had NO experience with makeup, now I am starting to refine my 'look' and getting faster and faster at it (including styling my own hair).

Most of all, I was finally able to make the leap and start going out dressed, slowly and hesitantly at first, but then with more and more confidence. Today was the latest in a growing list of successes for me. I went out shopping in 5 different stores (Kohls, JC Penny, Macys, Target and a Supermarket) and used the fitting room in two of them to try on a skirt, some jeans and a dress. I may not have 'passed' (I really don't know if I do or not) but my self confidence was high enough that it hardly matters any more if I do or not!

My latest step forward is that I'm starting to actually interact with people. I exchanged words with three different women while shopping, all three times THEY were the ones who started the conversation, and none of them gave any sign that they saw anything 'wrong' with my presentation.

I really don't know where I'm going from here. I think this is a good 'plateau' to rest at for a while as long as I don't let myself slip backward. I'd like to try to get out en femme at least once every few weeks if I can.

I gess the only downside is that I really don't konw what I'll do next halloween, now that it isn't my only 'dress up' day anymore! :o

So thank you, all of you who made me realize what I could do and how easy it really is! :love:

MJ
03-01-2007, 09:00 PM
Cristi
aww thank you, but you did this yourself. sure there are some of us who are out all the time , the funny thing is i have forgotten what it is like to do the guy thing. i would feel weird going out as a guy , i would look like a girly/boy
and it is you who help me remember what it used to be like, so thank you.
so just remember you can do anything if you put your mind to it and lose your fear
hugs

Wenda
03-01-2007, 11:51 PM
YOU GO GIRL!!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

JoAnnDallas
03-02-2007, 10:19 AM
Congrads..........I know excatly how you feel......I started going out en fem in the daylight in 2005. Since then I have done some many things and when I look back on how scared I was when I first started going out and how compy I am now, it is asmazing. I too not sure if I pass or not, but so far no one has pointed fingures at me or said anything bad. I am planning my first en fem shopping at a local Target and I know at first I will be a little scared, but if it like other outings, that will quickly fade.

One thing you might want to do, is find a local surport group. There is a local Tri-Ess chapter here in Dallas, I have been to my first meeting and going to my next meeting tomorrow night.

SANDRA MICHELLE
03-02-2007, 10:40 AM
I also want to thank the members here since this site is very theraputic and I love reading your post's. I have been going out en-femm at least once per month for the last 4 years and am very comfortable with it. I don't think I will pass as a GG but thats ok with me. I do work on my shape and looks so I can get as good as I can be. I dress at home quite often and almost always sleep en-fem so I feel good about my crossdressing and I believe we all should and we should not live in fear or shame. God bless all!

Cristi
03-02-2007, 11:32 AM
I am planning my first en fem shopping at a local Target and I know at first I will be a little scared, but if it like other outings, that will quickly fade.

I've found Target to be a very comfortable place to go while dressed. Initially, I thought it would be stressful since it is so brightly light and crowded, but I've shopped there MANY times now (and gone through the checkout process en femme) and have yet to even get a second glance.

The only negative side of Target is that their fitting rooms are attended, so you have to pass (no pun intended) an attendant to get in if you want to try anything on.

On the upside, the ones I have been to all have a 'gender neutral' restroom, so you don't have to worry about negative consequences if you need to use the facilities while there!

Unfortunately, though I like shopping there I never really find anything in the very limited women's section that I like. As far as selection goes, I find much more at Kohls or Macys.

Have fun and let us know how you shopping trip goes! :happy:

LindaTS
03-02-2007, 12:44 PM
Hi Cristi,
I'm glad you finally made it out and about. Nothing quite like it. It's too bad that you're in VT, I'm looking for a shopping partner here in central NY. Just keep it up and I'm sure you'll enjoy it even more in the furture.

NatalieH
03-02-2007, 01:15 PM
I may not have 'passed' (I really don't know if I do or not) but my self confidence was high enough that it hardly matters any more if I do or not!

So thank you, all of you who made me realize what I could do and how easy it really is! :love:

Hi, Cristi,

I agree with you totally on "passing" not really mattering if you're feeling good about yourself. If I worry too much about passing I'll never leave the house - I go out to be myself and have fun, and so far, so good.

And, thank you for sharing your experiences - I've enjoyed them.

Getting any snow down there?

Natalie

Cristi
03-02-2007, 01:30 PM
Getting any snow down there?

Why do you think I'm here cruising the message boards instead of out shopping?? At least I'm home from work (roads are a real mess) so am able to be fully dressed.

Right now we have about 10" with freezing rain on top. :(

Lovely Rita
03-03-2007, 06:35 PM
this site is very helpful indeed.

Thanks for sharing.