PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for giving me strength

michelleupnorth
03-01-2007, 10:29 PM
I would just like to thank everyone out there who posts on this site. I used to be scared to death of what other people thought of me when I wanted to buy women’s clothes at a store. Slowly I have come out to a few select friends about what I do and have told them that I plan on transitioning. Both of these things would have been harder to deal with if I hadn't found this site. I have listened to many of my sisters on here and developed the attitude that who cares, it's my life, I hurt nobody, I pay my taxes, and my money is just as good as anybody else’s.

I have started shopping at stores, Value Village, Wal-Mart, Payless Shoes and other stores and not once has anybody made any rude comments toward me, they have all been friendly and willing to help.

I have also come out to some friends and they support me 100%.

I'm not sure how easy it would have been if it were not for all you sisters that have this attitude and helped me get out of my closet. I finally feel free and not locked up.

love ya all
Michelle and once again thanks

I will be heading outside soon as the weather warms up or I find some cute winter clothes. (It's expensive buying a new wardrobe after years of purging)
I do dress at home look forward to the next sales person who comes to the door.

linnea
03-01-2007, 10:46 PM
I think that many of us are grateful for the insights and support we find among our friends on this site. I know that I appreciate the other girls--GGs, CDs, etc.--, and I feel that I have learned and grown in my understanding and confidence because of my interactions here.

cindychan
03-01-2007, 11:10 PM
Yes you are very brave. My big perk is that I wish more CD's could gather and go shopping together. I hate doing things alone. I applaud you and you effort.

CDTiffany
03-01-2007, 11:24 PM
Payless was the first place i ever bought womens clothing (heels). No big deal.
I by alot of clothing online. However, I have bought some make up kits online, and felt i needed something, that was not included, or cost to much to buy, with shipping charges. Last night I went to Sav-on, and asked a girl stocking the shelves for, Eye liner, Eye brow liner and lip stick. NO BIG DEAL!!!!!
Good for you, for doing your thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! big props!
XOXO Tiffany

Wenda
03-01-2007, 11:31 PM
Glad to hear, gurl! You are reporting what many here have experienced, that we are living, trapped inside our own perceptions, fears and expectations. When we actually get the courage or strength (with some help from this site) to explore outside our normal comfort zone, we discover, to our surprise and delight, that the posse is not waiting to lynch us, and at the worst, no one cares, at best, they are polite and supportive. Go Girl! w

SandyR
03-01-2007, 11:41 PM
Great to have you here. I find some comfort being here as well, and hey! great name, happens to be my daughters name.

SandyR

JoAnnDallas
03-02-2007, 10:11 AM
This site and a couple others gave me the confidence to start going out en fem back in 2005. Then last year I went en fem to HEF2006 at a public Hotel here in Dallas. Now in the very near future, I will be making my very first en fem shopping outing. I plan to goto the local Target. They are not as busy as Walmart and if I get there when they open at 0800AM, there should not be a lot of people to worry about. I already shop at a couple of Victoria Secrets in drab with no problem. In fact SA's there even gave me their cards, and I was told to ask for them the next time I go in.

michelleupnorth
03-03-2007, 12:16 AM
Went out today for the first time. I actually had guys checking me out and not because I looked like a dude in drag but rather because they thought I was hot, from a distance.

Lovely Rita
03-03-2007, 06:17 PM
It is great to hear about your new found strength. This is a very encouraging site.

all the best

Joy Carter
03-04-2007, 02:01 AM
This is what I have been doing lately. It's so liberating to be you isn't it ?